which discount???

Which discount has worked better for you...

35% off mods or the $500.00 gift card with rack rate???

We just booked this weekend using the 35% discount. Comparing prices we would have spent well over $500 more using the gift card offer so it was not a good deal for us.

I booked two trips this year - one in May for my daughter's honeymoon and one in July for me and my other daughter to relax after the wedding and I used the 35% off. Now my daughter just called to say her fiancee just received a pin code for the free QS dining - I guess I will be crunching numbers again for her but I think we are staying with the 35% off.

Hope this helps.

Before they extended the room only discount I booked the gift card promo for the beginning of June. When they extended it I called back and saved $600 off the gift card promo so definitely the room discount!

Our family of 7, is staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in May. Our first time "on-site".
I crunched numbers til I was dizzy and went with the 35% off room rate. I think / hope, I did the right thing. It seemed like we were going to spend way more with the $500 gift card.

I did a Split Stay and this is how it worked. For Pop 5 days got the 300 GC, I save 100 dollars vs the %, for the 2 second reservation , Hotel Only Deluxe WL the % was a better deal. I went to the Disney page, and booked and compared prices, that is how I got the better deals, because some days are higher in price.:banana:

Hmm...I keep going over the numbers and keep coming up with the $500 gift card being a better deal for us, 2 adults and 1 child.

We're going for 7 nights and I'm splitting our stay (all within POR) with the first 5 nts. booked as the $500 gift card promo, with just the 5 day base tickets. I booked the last two nights at 30% off and had to pay a deposit on the first night on a credit card, but will pay off the 2nd night with the $500 gift card. And will also likely use the $500 gift card to upgrade the 5 day base tickets to park hoppers. And we still have money leftover for food or internet or whatever.

Now what I still can't decide on is if we should go with the DDP or not, but that's a whole other topic.;)

I have the best time playing with numbers on the Disney website :cool1: I love to get the best deal I can, it just adds to the thrill of the trip planning for me :tinker: We (2 adults) are staying 9 nights at the French Quarter :love: I had originally used my 35% off pin for all 9 nights and was happy to be saving some money :yay: Then the gift card offer came out so I played around with numbers again :thumbsup2 I called and modified my reservation so that I now get the $500 gift card for the first 5 nights and the 35% off for the last 4 nights :woohoo: It is now two reservations and there is a slight chance I might have to change rooms at FQ but for an extra $152 I can handle that :rotfl: So I saved a total of almost $800 :cloud9: Even if we got the free dining pin, with the two of us we still save more this way :goodvibes

I'm going to guess that the $500 gift card works best if your stay is exactly 5 nights since you're not getting any additional discount for a longer stay. That's where using the XX% off to add on additional days saves more money, as long as you don't mind the split ressie. Or if you have APs the XX% off would make the most sense.

We saved more money by using the room only discount (by the way, you can add tickets and dining and still get the discount) than by using the gift card promo. I think the difference was about $200.00 for us. I like having the discount right up front and not having to wait on a gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter