Which dining plan or none?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by smec73, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The DDP will be a good deal for our daughter, son-in-law and two kids age 5 and 3 because of the price of the plan for the kids. I think it will be a break even deal for us. We have either buffets, character buffets or all you can eat meals for 4 of the 6 table services. The costs for the kids meals OOP versus DDP make it a bargain for her family. I think for just my husband and I we will probably break even, since I think on the 2 days we are doing a normal table service restaurant, we won't get our value out of the plan. It is our first time doing the dining plan and it will be interesting to see if we come out ahead or not.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MrRomance

MrRomance Planning and Plotting

I think it's very difficult to make the DDP cost effective. I couldn't eat 3 big meals a day and to break even you'll need to do that. The regular DP would probably work better for you. You could still get your character meals (paying OOP for any extras that weren't covered). I would say that the Dinner Shows are better if you pay OOP anyway, because DP reservations you can only get Cat 2 or 3 and it's not a good use of credits.

4. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

It might be better for you to price out dining with the TIW card.

5. Daphne W

Daphne W Mouseketeer

This is exactly how we look at the Dining Plan. We love the Dining Plan and cannot imagine going to Disney without it. We do the Deluxe Dining Plan now and get to eat at places we would never pay OOP for.