Which Deluxe Resort???????

Rags

DIS Veteran
We were lucky enough to get the year long 20/30/40 pin code!!!!! I'm still in shock! Having stayed in both values and moderate we figured this was Disney's way of saying "Time to stay in a deluxe resort!". The dates would be 11/28 thru 12/5 We have it narrowed down to three.

1) Contemporary. For the overall convenience and I love the resort! My only reservation would be sharing buses with the other monorail resorts!

2) AKL. This resort looks beautiful and I would love a balcony but I am not familar with the transportation and overall layout. Is this a large resort?

3) Wilderness Lodge. This resort just looks cool! I love that we have both the busses and boats for transportation but again I am not familar!

Thank you to all who respond!!!!

I would go with the Contemporary because of their overall location to the Magic Kingdom which speaks for itself, Resort Monorail access, the walkway to the Magic Kingdom and their rooms are the biggest of the resorts your asking about and their Cast Members are among the best I have ever seen in WDW. Plus when it comes to their bus system they are always picked up 1st when going to and from the parks and the Wilderness Lodge also shares with the Monorail Resorts, so you would still need to go through that when staying there.

We've only stayed at one of the three -- the Contemporary. It is our least favorite of the two we've stayed at (we preferred the Poly over the CR by a lot); the Wilderness Lodge holds no interest for us after two visits and we are planning on doing a split stay on our next visit with the AKL (with our home, the CSR). My pick would be the AKL.

We've stayed at the WL and the CR. I would choose the CR. We felt very isolated at the WL, didn't like the dining options and going anywhere but the WL to eat was a pain. I love being able to walk to the MK and being on the monorail.

We also got the 40% off code and upgraded from the POFQ to the Grand Floridian. We are soooooooo excited.

We have only stayed at one other deluxe - the Anima Kingdom Lodge. I have to say that it was incredible! We had a savanna view room. My children had the best time on our balcony watching the animals. I felt that the bus transportation from there was great. The wait times and the driving times were not nearly as long as I thought they might be. The atmospjere at the resort is wonderful.

Having said all that, I am really looking forward to staying at one of the monorail resorts this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter