Which CS desserts can you take "to go" at MK and Ep?

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
I know after DS and I eat lunch/dinner we will not have room for desserts. I'm wondering where we can get a meal and a dessert that can be saved for later (cookies, wrapped snacks, etc)? Ice cream would not work! :rotfl:

We'll only be at MK and Ep, so recommendations for there would be great. Thanks!

I think all of the CS meals we had throughout the parks had "wrapped" desserts. We found that there was not a lot of variety (brownies, carrot cake and cookies). In the beginning we would try to carry them with us, but found that we were so full by the end of the day, that they would just get thrown out anyway.

Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT has some really nice desserts. I don't know if they have any to-go boxes.

The rest of the CS places all have pre-packaged desserts. You can also ask for fruit, which might be nice for breakfast.

We often drop by the Norway Bakery on our way out of the parks and pick up some delicious treat to take back to the room for the next days breakfast. It seldom lasts that long though. :rotfl:

SG

In MK the Main Street Bakery has a large selection of cookies/ treats etc. I'm not sure about To-go containers, but I'd definately check it out! :thumbsup2

I went to Sunshine Seasons and got a piece of the strawberry shortcake. :cloud9: They were able to put that in a To-Go container :thumbsup2 Just be sure to ask for a To-Go container, or else they will just put it on a plate. ;)

We only ate at 2 MK CS. We got cookies to go at Pecos Bill's. I just put them in a ziplock and wrapped and stored them securely in my bag. They were prepackaged and worked well for a snack later. The trick I think is to make sure they are secure and not going to get crushed. I tucked them in a pocket in my purse where they were well cushioned. We took our dessert with us Pinnochio's Village haus, but we were headed back to the room anyway so it didn't matter what kind of dessert we got.

In all the parks, we found that most of the CS had at least one option that could easily be stowed in bag for later. The only place we went that only offered one dessert was the Fish & Chips place in Epcot, but their dessert was also an option that would travel well - Walker's shortbread that were in pre-packaged individual servings.

Last time we went for free dining, we had desserts wrapped to go almost every meal. This was year before last, but they all had to go containers for meals you couldn't finish so we would just say to wrap dessert up. We ate them for breakfast or snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter