Which Cruise Spring Break 2007?

disneycrazzzy

DIS Veteran
We have cruised once with DCL on August Repo.
We have another scheduled in August.
We cruised 10 years ago with Holland America to Alaska.
We want to cruise Spring Break 2007...March 31 or April 1.
Here is the breakdown for an equivalent room (balcony)
on an equivalent cruise (Eastern Caribbean for 2A2C).
This is considering price only...

NCL-Norwegian Jewel $4742
Princess-Carribean Princess $4901
Carnival-Carnival Glory $4022
Royal Caribbean-Mariner of the Seas $5175
DCL-Magic $9562...........yikes!

Am I missing something? We loved our Disney Cruise, but we aren't big fans of the characters and our kids didn't really like the kid's clubs. We loved the ship and the entertainment and just cruising in general. Our kids are boys 13 and 9 as of 2007. I think they would like the activities on the RCCL boat but I don't like the room configurations (boys have to share a sofa bed). I like the cost and rooms on Carnival but not as many activities. We know that Disney does everything well and I've rarely been disappointed with anything Disney. Will I be disappointed with these other ships? Ideas? Thoughts?

My parents go on the Caribbean Princess every September, and my mom has already been on it six times. They decided to take my brother and me over Spring Break last year, but were worried about activities to keep us entertained. They said when they went on it in September there were not a lot of teenagers and kids. Well, when we got on, there were a ton of families and kids of all ages. They definetly added a lot of activities since over spring break. The food and service were both awesome! I highly recommend this cruise!

RCCL is good. Especially the Voyager class ships, but in my opinion, I would put it below Princess. I have been on two voyager ships, and there is always something to do, but I don't think the food is as good as Princess, or the service. It has been mentioned on these boards somewhere else before that the drinking age on 7 night Caribbean cruises on RCCL is 18 (they do need parents approval though). I think this makes a huge difference, especially over spring break. Both of my Voyager class cruises were over spring break and there was a lot of drinking being done by 18-20 year olds. This might be something you want to take into consideration.

Carnival is a lot of fun. It is known as the party ship, and I think it lives up to its name! The food was good when I went on it and the service was good also.

To sum it up: My first choice is Princess, followed by Carnival! I hope this somewhat helps in your decision making. Everyone has their own opinion on cruises and different cruise lines meets different needs, so it depends on what you are looking for. In my opinion, I don't think you can go wrong on any cruise! I have never had a bad cruise!

No opinion, just a question. What kind of shirts will you make if you don't go on DCL? We loved all of your shirts!

Hello disneycrazzzy & family!!!!

We are scheduled on DCL for spring break 2007 but will probably change it to another date since we are also booked for a Med cruise. I'll be interested to here your experiences with the other ships when you return!

Good to see you posting!

UMTerp

What kind of shirts will you make if you don't go on DCL? We loved all of your shirts!
Thanks UMTerp! You don't think anybody would appreciate our tie-dyed, Mickey head, peace sign T-shirts on RCCL? I guess we'll just have to go with some of our "vanilla" tie-dyes. My boys are growing so fast, we'll have to make new ones anyway.

I am envious of those going on Med. cruises....my sister included. We just can't swing it. We have a family trip (all 14 of us) planned to Hawaii next year and don't have enough vacation for a European trip too.

Good to hear from you too....

Are we sure nobody out there wants to try to convince me it is worth an extra $4300 to cruise with Disney? I guess I can't convince myself either. We booked RCCL Mariner of the Seas on April 1st, 2007. Superior Balcony. Itinerary is their own island, St. Martin and St. Thomas with three days at sea.

We cruised Celebrity Cruise line this Spring Break (2006) It was over fifty percent college students and was a very rowdy, drunk crowd. I'd be wary of Spring Break cruises on most of the lines...Carnival, RCL even Celebrity. Maybe NCL or Princess would be better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter