Which cruise for first on DCL?

Soccer Princess

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never
We are looking at a 4 night on the Dream in 2014. Here are our options right now:

September - weather should definitely be warm enough, hurricane season?
November Double Dip - extra CC day, more expensive, is November weather ok?
early December - Christmas decorations, will the water be cold/weather be ok?

The cost for the September and early December cruises are pretty much the same. The November double dip is around $700 more total.

DD will be 3 at the time. Which would you choose?

There's a 4 day that goes to Castaway Cay twice? What date?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Soccer Princess, I would go with the Double Dip Castaway Cay in November. While I understand that Disney and probably other cruise lines do a great job steering clear of hurricanes and tropical storms, I personally don't want a disruption in my vacation. So to me September cruise wouldn't be an option. The water temps in November and December can be tricky. In general, November water temps are warm enough for this Florida man to go in for a dip.

If you are concerned about hurricane season, Nov is still within it. Look at Sandy last year...

That's the reason of insurance...

Sandy hit late October. Sept is definitely square in the middle of hurricane season, and Oct is a very second close.

Anyway if you go in November, is there a way to be sure that weather won't prevent you from getting to Castaway? Or is that a bigger concern for Jan/Feb?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter