Which company is best when buying resale?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Disney Mom Dani, Jun 7, 2013.

1. susanjf

susanjf Earning My Ears

I had no problem yesterday. It went right through. Also, I had a call within a few hours! Better luck next time!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Disney Mom Dani

Disney Mom Dani Earning My Ears

Strange. I tried yesterday & today!

4. JustTinking

JustTinking DVC Member since 2002

Maybe it's your browser. I've had a ton of strange things happen with IE recently - switched to Foxfire and same stuff works fine.

5. Disney Mom Dani

Hmm...I wouldn't think Chrome would be a problem. I'll just call tomorrow I guess.

6. ImagineerTHAT

ImagineerTHAT Imaginerd

After running through a number of deeds on the OC website, it seems as though Magic Vacation Title gets their deeds processed pretty fast. First American Title seems to take longer. Most deeds are these 2 companies...MVT is with The Timeshare Store and I believe FAT is with Fidelity?

Timeshare Title and More also processed a few deeds, but they seem to be fast as well. This isn't the largest sample size, just wanted to make people aware.

7. mmdisneylover

mmdisneylover Mouseketeer

We've bought and sold through THe Time Share Store and DVCbyResale and had no problems with either company. Which ever one you choose really doesn't matter just compare prices. I have looked at both and usually DVCbyResale is cheaper but we usually buy HH or Vero which most people don't want for whatever the reason is. We aren't usually to picky about where we stay at in Disney but do like BCV Nd BWV. Probably the 11 month window but that doesn't matter to us like I said we aren't picky we will stay at any DVC resort as long as I'm on vacation in the happiest place on earth.

8. goneviral

goneviral Earning My Ears

They seem aware of issues with their web site but are (understandably) so focused upon SEO that they are unwilling to distract their tech's attention away from it to work on other stuff.

9. Disney Mom Dani

Sorry...what is SEO?

10. goneviral

goneviral Earning My Ears

Search engine optimization. Basically, SEO enables TSS to be one of the first results on Google when people search for "DVC Resales" and similar keyword terms.

11. JustTinking

JustTinking DVC Member since 2002

Oh, this is good! So TSS devotes all their programmer's time to putting themselves in the forefront to catch a customer's attention, then doesn't fix the engine that enables that customer to communicate with them. Talk about getting your priorities right!! :rotfl2: I gotta write this one down! :rotfl:

12. dvc at last !

dvc at last ! DVC Member 2006!

Use who ever has the resale you want.

13. NoleFan

NoleFan DIS Veteran

We just finished our 2nd closing recently. TSS & Magic Vacation Title were superior with speed & communication. I was very pleased doing business with them.

14. racefanof88

racefanof88 DIS Veteran

Thank you for your answers. I guess my question did sound kinda unethical :guilty:. I wouldn't want to do anything like that, I just wondered if going through the same company that would be possible if no papers had actually been signed. I am looking at every resale site and I just can't seem to decide which one is best to go with :confused:.

15. E-P-C-O-T

E-P-C-O-T DIS Veteran

Sent an offer to dvc by resale for 2 contracts listed with no reply, tried emailing them 3 times, I didn't even get an acknowledgement of my emails, a week later the contracts were removed. Never heard from them, I was obviously interested in buying, we were looking at other contracts as well, but, no one ever contacted us. We ended up using our $$$ buying at VGF and are now looking for a resale thru Timeshare Store or Fidelity.

16. Pirate Granny

Pirate Granny DIS Veteran

We had great service when we purchased two months ago DVC by resale :confused3

17. Disney Mom Dani

A broker isn't required?

18. iluvthsgam

iluvthsgam Mouseketeer DVC Gold

You don't need a broker to buy or sell a DVC membership. They can certainly help but it is not required.

You can do it on your own if you can find someone to buy or sell with (whatever you are looking for).

19. Sophia the 1st

Sophia the 1st Earning My Ears

I had a poor experience with Fidelity relating to their mismanagement of the ROFR process, not to mention unreturned phone calls, etc.