Which characters are on the Magic?

clawmachine

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering of anyone who has been on a 7-day Magic cruise recently could share which characters they saw during the week. Another post here mentioned a mother waiting in line for 2 hours one time on a cruise to meet a character, which really surprised me. What have everyone else's experiences with characters been like? Long waits?

thanks!

We did our first DCL Magic on 1/23 with DS 2.5 and DD 3.75. We saw characters more on this trip than when we were in WDW in May! Sometimes they were planned photo ops and sometimes impromptu. The only time we had to wait longer than 5 minutes was for the Princesses gathering. That took about half an hour and it was 4 princesses (Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, and Snow White). Once we were on Deck 5 and all of a sudden every character walked by on their way to the Pirate Party and they were all kind enough to acknowledge my kids who were mesmerized! BTW, they do the Princesses photo opportunity twice on the 7 day and both times there were long lines. However, when they are on their own the lines were not bad. We never had a problem. Plus there is also the character breakfast and also saw them at CC and just walking around the pool and ship.

We saw: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, all Princesses, Chip & Dale, Goofy, Max, Pluto, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Stitch, Jack Sparrow
and all were more than once!

Add Alice, Mad Hatter, Princess T from the Princess and Frog (great dress), Wendy, etc. Also, many of the stage characters that you don't see around the ship will be available on the last night at "Till We Meet Again."

We went last week and in addition to the above, we saw Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket. We didn't see Princess Tiana on our trip though. And of course, Jack Sparrow is scheduled for meetings too. The great thing is you can see these characters more than once, because the majority of them are wearing different clothes on different days, so you get different pictures. They generally dress for the ocassion/theme of the day. Enjoy!

Thanks so much everyone! My kids have never been to the parks so all the characters will be new to them!

We were on the Magic a couple of weeks ago and the only character I can add that nobody has mentioned is Dopey. One night outside the Walt Disney Theatre, Snow White and Dopey were together and you could have pictures taken with them.

Most of the time it was short waits of 5-10 minutes for pictures. The only excessive line I remember was the Princess gathering (Snow White, Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella are all there at the same time. It is held twice during the 7 day cruise. First gathering we came during the middle and the line was HUGE. Decided to skip that. We knew when the second gathering was being held and we walked by the atrium about 40 minutes before it started and there were already 10 people in line. So, I told my wife and the girls that I would stand in line and they can do other things instead of all of us waiting. When we got done meeting the princesses I looked and the line was huge again. So, you definitely want to do some planning for the princess gathering.

It is also very common to run into them in the hallways and they will always at least acknowledge you and many times will stop for short time. That's pretty neat.

One morning we were in Shutters (the photo picture place) and here comes Goofy walking through. He stopped and briefly kissed each of our girls on the head and headed into an unmarked door in Shutters. One of the ladies working there said that the characters use that door as an entrance/exit. 30 seconds later Minnie comes walking into Shutters and enters the same door. We stood there for about 5 minutes more and at least 6 or 7 different characters came into Shutters and used that door in that time. Every single one at least waved or high fived our girls and most stopped for a quick hug. It really made the girls' day.

I was in the theatre on the Magic last week with my kids watching Toy Story with 3D glasses on when I felt somebody sit beside me. I turned to look and almost jumped out of my seat. :scared1: Pinochio was sitting with 3D glasses on and pretending to watch the movie with us. The sight of this big head with the little glasses on startled me but when I got the kids attention, they loved it.
There were so many characters on this cruise I did not know the names of them all.

We saw all of the above on our January 16th Eastern. But, I did find the lines quite long. We did the same cruise, same dates last year and we hardly ever had to wait in a long line. I got pics of DD with ALL of them. This year, we barely stopped to take pics with any of them because the lines were ridiculous:scared1:. Maybe there were just more kids on this year's cruise:confused3. I was very happy to have already done all of that last year. DD wasn't really disappointed if she didn't get a pic. In fact, she was the one who didn't want to wait in the long lines:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter