Which buffet has the peel and eat shrimp??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by SeaSpray, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SeaSpray

SeaSpray Disney World fan since 1976

We did a lot of character buffets on our 2001 trip and haven't really done many since. However, DH would now like to go back to one, and he thought that Chef Mickey's had the peel and eat shrimp, but now I'm not seeing it on the menu. I see that Crystal Palace lists it on their menu. Any other buffets offer it??

Thanks! :)

P.S. We'll only have access to the MK on this particular day, or of course to the resort restaurants, but we want to stay near the MK/monorail resorts.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. John's Mom

John's Mom Jambo Wildbunch Gang

The Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

4. sjms71

sjms71 DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure both CP and Chef Mickey's has peel and eat shrimp.

5. DisneyMama629

DisneyMama629 DIS Veteran

We had peel and eat shrimp at CP last year. It was delicious!

6. klinlin

klinlin Mom to the T N T boys!

Cape May is correct. Sorry its not near MK.

When are you going? I always look forward to your posts!

7. SeaSpray

Thanks for the replies so far. Hmm... does anyone else remember seeing/having shrimp at Chef Mickey's? If they have it, then that'd be our first choice. I was just looking at the menu for Cape May and I know my DH would love it, so I'll run that past him. As for me, I really don't have a preference although it'll be much easier for us, transportation wise, to stay in the MK/monorail area for dinner.

klinlin: We'll be there 4 weeks from now! I can't wait. :hourglass

8. SeaSpray

Well my DH was insisting that he remembers the shrimp at CM so I called Disney Dining just now and she confirmed that they DO have peel and eat shrimp there. lol I still want to show the menu from Cape May to my DH, and I'll let him decide.

Thanks everyone! :)

9. disnut1149

disnut1149 DIS Veteran

Hi Seaspray,
    Glad to see you back posting again! I was also wondering about shrimp at Chef Mickeys. We've never been there for dinner and have an ADR in August and I haven't seen very good reviews about it. I was thinking of changing it. I don't eat any meat, but will eat seafood, so having shrimp would be great. I hope someone knows this and also if it's worth keeping my ADR.:goodvibes Also, I enjoyed reading your vacation reports.

10. SeaSpray

Hi! :wave2:

I didn't know that Chef Mickey's has been getting bad reviews lately... :scratchin I'll have to look into that. However, we don't often make our decisions based on a few reviews, but when a restaurant gets continued unanimous bad reviews, then we take warning (such as Tony's Town Square, food other than burgers, fries, and shakes at Sci-Fi, etc. LOL).

I think that since my DH really wants to go back to Chef Mickey's, and they do have the peel and eat shrimp (he's gonna be all shrimped out because the night before CM, we'll be having dinner at 'Ohana which also has shrimp. lol), we'll probably just go and see for ourselves how good or bad it is. I will definitely post a review when I get back!

And that reminds me, I never did post my restaurant reviews from my trip last month. Maybe I should do that this weekend... lol

11. SGMCO

SGMCO Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

12. Tink2312

Tink2312 <font color=magenta>I didn't ask to be a princess

Am I right in thinking Trail's End also has the peel and eat shrimp? :confused3

13. 2piratesand1princess

2piratesand1princess Earning My Ears

I'm pretty sure that 1900 Park Fare buffet had peel & eat shrimp...I also think that Hollywood & Vine does as well.

14. 2piratesand1princess

2piratesand1princess Earning My Ears

oops sorry, just re-read your question..I guess the Grand Floridian isn't too far from MK (1900 Park Fare)

15. SeaSpray

16. SeaSpray

Thanks, I saw that they have shrimp with their dinner buffet, and we've had dinner there before, back in 2001 when dinner was the "Villain's Dinner". We LOVED it. We will consider 1900 Park Faire if we can't get Chef Mickey's. :)

17. car_doctor

car_doctor Mouseketeer

i do belive they all do.

here is what each place has if you want to check it out it will gie you an idea on where you will want to eat at

http://allearsnet.com/din/buffet.htm

i know it was very helpfull for my family when we went

18. slimplaw

slimplaw DIS Veteran

Trail's End at Fort Wilderness did have shrimp the last time we ate there. the buffet there is only about $17 for adults. You could ride the boat to Fort Wilderness from MK.

19. klinlin

klinlin Mom to the T N T boys!

Please do! You post the best pictures!:surfweb: