Which Beach in Cozumel

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by uflaw, Jul 25, 2014.

1. uflaw

uflaw Mouseketeer

Hello All:

We are a group of 11, 4 adults and 7 (yes 7!) children . Girls Ages 15, 14, 11, 10, and boys ages 10, 10 and 9.

We would like to do a beach day :beach: in Cozumel and are looking for advice as to which of the beach areas are the best for this family of crazies? :banana:

Adults would like to chill :drinking: and I am sure the boys would like more excitement. :jumping1:

Girls, well are girls and I don't know much about that. :littleangel:

I know the ones I have read about are:

Chankanaab Park
    Nachi Cocom
    Mr Sanchos
    Isla Pasion
    Paradise Beach

Any input would be awesome.

Cheers!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jburge12000

jburge12000 Mouseketeer

We did Paradise beach last year. Was a $10 cab fare. You had to pay to use their facilities but I think it was about $10 per person. Had inflatables in the water to play on, no real waves when we went. Snorkeling off of a pier was OK. Had a rock climbing wall and some other activities you could do by the main building. They did have jet ski's and banana boats but you paid extra for that. You could use the pool that was very nice and the food was good. My wife got a massage in one of the cabanas on the beach and she said it was great. Showers by the pool so we could get the sand off before we headed back to the boat.

We had originally planned on doing the Fury Catamaran tour with DCL but everything got cancelled that day because of rip tides. All beach excursions were called off. We did Paradise beach on our own and had a great day with no problems. I think Paradise beach might be the same beach that the Fury Catamaran stops at, it looks just like the pictures on the Port Adventure site for it.

4. BrookeMQ

BrookeMQ Mouseketeer

We have gone to Paradise Beach twice now and have enjoyed ourselves both times.

It is only around $10 is if you choose to get the bracelet that lets you use all the water toy. Then its only like $3 per person. The kids get one and we adults don't. The $3 includes use of the pool and you get an umbrella and lounger.

The food and drinks were very good. You will have a waiter assigned to you, so you never have to leave your chair if you don't want to. I actually like that its not all inclusive. I don't eat or drink nearly enough.

5. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed Playa Mia. There was an open bar with frozen drinks and lots to do. There was a nice water park with slides for the kids and an inflatable obstacle course (like on the show Wipeout) that you had to swim out to and kayaks. The pool was beautiful and the tile loungers were so relaxing I didn't want to leave. It wasn't the most glamorous place, but we knew that going in so it wasn't a problem.

6. CruisingSarah

CruisingSarah Mouseketeer

We went to Passion Island by Twister, here's what I wrote about it at the time:

Hope this helps :)

7. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

We just went to Paradise Beach during our July 5th Fantasy cruise.

We took a cab with another family. We paid $25 pp for the roundtrip cab and entrance to the Beach Club. We did not have to pay any extra for chairs or umbrellas or to use any of the water stuff like inflatables icebergs, float mats, etc. We paid for food/booze out of pocket. They had a great inground pool that we used when we were done at the beach. Decent restrooms.

Our driver waited for us. Reading previous posters don't know if we got ripped off or not but we had a great day and it was cheaper than DCL's beach excursion.

Going to upload some pics.

MJ

8. mybeachbabies

mybeachbabies Mouseketeer

We also enjoyed our day at Playa Mia (Disney's Cozumel Beach Break excursion). The inflatable area out in the water is great for older kids although you may want a parent to go out there with them because it is slippery. They have a beautiful pool and water slides. The beach chairs are close to the water so you can sit back and relax and still supervise the kids. The drinks are included and very good. Very nice, fun, relaxing day.

9. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Ok, here are some pics of Paradise Beach Club.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MJ

10. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

We loved Chankanaab, but we were a group of 6 adults! We were looking for relaxation, tropical drinks, and snorkling. It was perfect for us! But with your group, I think you can find a place with more water toys.

11. cscream13

cscream13 Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting the pictures of Paradise Beach. We have been researching the same decision for a beach club day in Cozumel and appreciate seeing what it looks like!

12. CamColt

CamColt <font color=magenta>Only thinks she’s not losing i

We have done Paradise Beach twice in the past year now and really enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

13. uflaw

uflaw Mouseketeer

Has anyone been to Mr Sanchos? A little worried it might be a party atmosphere.

14. Dan29racing

Dan29racing Earning My Ears

My mother, wife, and twin 7 month olds were at Mr Sancho's two years ago during the first week of March. It was very laid back, especially on the all inclusive side. The complex was spread out with multiple venues so i would think you could find a spot that would fill whatever mood you were in!

15. for my family

for my family Mouseketeer

Paradise Beach is the one for you. Easy cab ride. Cheap cover charge, I think it was $3 pp. Great pool, free wi-fi and computers at the bar. Beach was nice enough and as others have mentioned, fun water toys. Something for everyone.

MJ, great photos! That's how I remember it.