Which attractions are different at Night?

So many of our favorites have already been mentioned, but another GREAT one to do at night (even if you'd never consider doing it during the day) is Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Aside from the special feeling of being in there when it's dark, there is a certain landing point at which you get an utterly spectacular view of the castle all lit up; during the day, you don't even notice this viewpoint. If you're a photographer, you may want to make a point of seeking this out.

It's a sad thing that AK closes so early most days. I would love to hang out there for a good bit at night.

If you can get to AK on an evening EMH night, during a time of year when it will get dark, do it!! The whole park is soooo cool in the dark, especially because it really wasn't designed to be a night time park, so there's not a ton of lighting and it can get pretty darn dark in areas! And Expedition Everest at night is super cool!

Jungle Cruise: I had given up on this attraction. Yes, its a classic, and I certainly respect that, but it just didn't do it for me anymore. Then I rode at night. It's a whole new experience!

BTMRR: Had never been on at night until last year during MVMCP. WOW! I had no idea there was a swinging party going on at the saloon when the train dips down through the gulch. And looking out across the park is pretty cool with all the lights on.

TT: Its pretty cool to shoot out onto the test track when its dark outside. Nuff said.

Peoplemover: Just a relaxing, beautiful trip around TL with everything illuminated.

I agree with most of the other PP.

Haunted Mansion is the best at night. It feels creepier, I think the CMs are more into it and it's so much easier to get caught up in its ambiance and story.

I like BTMRR and Splash Mt. because I get a completely different perspective when riding at night. And I also like the Peoplemover because of the nighttime view of Tomorrowland.

I also like POC at night. Just knowing it's dark outside makes it feel more like I'm really a part of a pirate's life.

So many of our favorites have already been mentioned, but another GREAT one to do at night (even if you'd never consider doing it during the day) is Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Aside from the special feeling of being in there when it's dark, there is a certain landing point at which you get an utterly spectacular view of the castle all lit up; during the day, you don't even notice this viewpoint. If you're a photographer, you may want to make a point of seeking this out.

See! If you stick around the boards long enough you learn all kinds of stuff. For some reason I always thought that they closed the Treehouse at dusk, just like Tom Sawyer's Island:confused3 It has never even occurred to me that it was open at night. I'll bet you could get some FABULOUS photos up there. Note to self: send DH up there on the next trip with the camera and a list of the photos I want:thumbsup2

BTMRR is really great at night if you are lucky enough to ride it during Wishes. It adds a little something.

This happened to us! We were riding and the fireworks from Wishes were going off -didn't plan it - just happened that way.. It was an incredibly magical moment..:wizard:

I Like Fast Track At Night Better Than A Day Ride Mostly Because Spaceship Earth Is So Cool Looking At Night !:cool1::cool2::cool1:

Splash Moutnain and BMTRR are very cool at night. But I have to say I just love the World Showcase at night....sooo pretty.

Living with the Land. Don't laugh :) The greenhouse portion with the large dome over it looks completely different at night. I enjoy it.

So many of our favorites have already been mentioned, but another GREAT one to do at night (even if you'd never consider doing it during the day) is Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Aside from the special feeling of being in there when it's dark, there is a certain landing point at which you get an utterly spectacular view of the castle all lit up;.

agree! :goodvibes
my all time faves at night, they've been mentioned but i feel the need to reiterate :rotfl:
MK: people mover!!!
EPCOT: walking around the countries
DHS: rock n roller coaster. i really feel like im on my way to a concert :rotfl2:
AK: expedition everest is incredible at night because you can barely tell where you're going: it heightens the drama
but, as most have said, you can't go wrong doing *anything* at WDW at night. the lights make everything feel like it's blanketed in pixie dust :goodvibes

Already mentioned, but we did the Jungle Cruise at night for the first time last August. It was great. The audio system was malfunctioning, but the CM was doing a great job compensating by going off script with only five riders. The part where the elephant comes up to spray the boat but doesn't, we've seen it so many times we weren't even looking when it covered my wife in yummy jungle water. The couple we were riding with and the CM were horrified, we thought it was pretty funny. Aside from my little story, the ambience was different enough I'll be pushing for another night ride.

Epcot-Agree with Living with the Land

Not Disneyworld, but at Disneyland, I'll only ride the Storybook Land boat ride at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter