Where would you stay with cast of 5?

wmackleit

Mouseketeer
We haven's been to WDW for 41/2 years .... and I am looking at going this summer....My question is where would you stay with a family of 5 ..... I have 3 girls 16,14, and 11.
I would prefer not to have to rent a car.... so transportation to the park would be wonderful.

Thank you :)

Depends if you want to stay onsite or not. If you don't want to rent a car a stay onsite is your best bet since transportation from offsite hotels is usually sporadic or only once or twice a day. Also, depends on how much you wish to spend. You could get two moderates (CB, CSR, POR, or PORFQ) at a cost of maybe $300.00 per night for both or you could go to the values two rooms for probably $200.00 per night for both. If you wanted all five in one room you would need to go deluxe at over $300.00 per night (personally I wouldn't do that five people, three of which are growing girls, and one bathroom). Or look into renting someones DVC points from the DVC rent/trade board. At $10.00 a point you should be able to get a 2 bedroom for $2400 or $2500 for a week. Offsite you could also rent a pool home in one of the many developments close to WDW, but, you would need a car if you do that. You can check out that option by going to Deb's Allearsnet at www.allearsnet.com
She has a whole section devoted to home rentals. Since we're DVC members we've never done that ourselves, but, I think we may do a family reunion in a year or two and we're considering that option since we'll probably have about 20 to 25 people so we would get two homes either next door or across the street from one another.

either a 1-bedroom at OKW or FW cabins if you want WDW transportation.

of course you can get 2 rooms at a value resort.

when are you dates?

Our family of 5 is booked at the FW cabins in March. Seperate bedroom and living area, full kitchen, onsite!

If you are not going to have a car-that onsite really is the only way to go. The hotel shuttles are usually spotty and unreliable. They usually only have 1-2 runs in the morning and evening. They really have no regards for the park hours usually either. I'd avoid them at all costs.

If you decide to get a rental car-- I'd consider renting a condo via owner at www.vrbo.com or from a company like www.hotelkingdom.com .

You could also look at someplace like Buena Vista Suites- which has been running 2 room suites for $88/nt. Which does have a complimentary breakfast. It does also have a shuttle to disney--but I don't know how well it runs.

I would agree with renting DVC points. We bought DVC this past Spring, and stayed in a 2 BR in Sept. 5 nights was 110 point at OKW, or the equivalent of $1100 if points are $10 each. You get free Magical Express from the airport, the benefits of staying onsite, and WDW transportation. Plus, NO TAXES which saves A TON! You would have 2 BRs, full kitchen, living room, laundry room, 2 baths and a large balcony -- we LOVED it!

I was thinking of going the end June or beginning of July. Can you tell how the renting of points goes?

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter