Where would you eat your MK day TS lunch?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by AllieMallie, Aug 27, 2012.

1. AllieMallie

AllieMallie Mouseketeer

For now, I have an 11;45 ADR at LTT but now I'm thinking of going to eat at a monorail resort instead. What would you recommend if we go that route?

Here's our plan for that day:

-MK at rope drop
    -TS lunch after 11:30 or so<----this is what I have a question about
    -back to Pop for a nap or swim
    -return to MK at 4:30 or 5 for MNSSHP
    -dinner at Cosmic Ray's or Peco's Bill depending on what's open.

And we are a party of only 2 adults so travel shouldn't be too much of a hassle. :)

What would you do in my situtation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

Well, allowing travel time to a resort and a meal, that'll tie up around two hours, then back to MK for bus to Pop, then back on a bus just a short time later to arrive back at MK around 4:30. That's nothing but riding IMO. I'd eat a CS lunch at MK or back at Pop and save the TS credit for another night. Other option is arrive at MK later than 4:30.

4. 44Majestic

44Majestic Earning My Ears

Our favorite for TS lunch in MK is The Plaza Restaurant, around the corner off Main St next to the Ice Cream Palor. For a quieter, more peaceful lunch, we sometimes take the monorail over to Poly to eat at Kona Cafe. Both Kona & Plaza are sit down restaurants (no buffets, no characters) and the food and service are usually good. It would take more time to get to and from Kona Cafe. Whatever you choose - Enjoy!

5. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

We've enjoyed lunches at Kona and WCC on our MK days. This year, we're giving Trail's End a try for a lunch break.

6. JavaQueen8

JavaQueen8 Mouseketeer

I would forget doing a ts for lunch and go to Columbia harbor house at Liberty sqaure for a cs instead! Have fun! Also, if you do want a ts on the monorail definately do Kona, the Polynesian is amazing!:woohoo:

7. rachdd

rachdd Mouseketeer

Our favorite lunch TS is LTT. :thumbsup2 It usually keeps us full until late in the evening!

8. AllieMallie

AllieMallie Mouseketeer

So...after much thought, I decided to do a completely different thing. I will use that TS credit to have dinner at Sanaa on our AK day instead and just eat 2 CS meals for that day then. I think this will be the most convenient way to tackle MNSSHP day. :thumbsup2 Thank you all for your input!

Now I will just have to make peace with the fact that I will not get to eat at WPE on this trip. :sad2:

9. sabcook

sabcook Mouseketeer

We love the Plaza on Main Street - they have a great club sandwich.

10. Goofy4WDW1964

Goofy4WDW1964 Mouseketeer

If you decide to go with the TS after all, I would cast another vote for The Plaze Restaraunt in Magic Kingdom. This is one of the best places we have eaten in all of Disney World.

11. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

If you want TS at MK, we LOVED the Plaza. Great burgers!! If you want TS at a monorail resort, O'Hana at the Poly -- or Grand Floridian Cafe at the GF both look pretty good!!

12. BuffaloJim

BuffaloJim Mouseketeer

Sanaa is a gret choice!

13. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

We like LTT, so we would keep that. Also, I agree with PP who says that it'll take up a lot of time. If you really don't want to eat there, then I would do what another PP said and cancel it and use it another time.

14. hgeisler

hgeisler DIS Veteran

I'd keep LTT too:)

15. Lumiere Lover

Lumiere Lover You can sleep after we leave WDW..

For your CS, you could try Be Our Guest. Also, I love Cosmic Ray's. When I am eating there, I know I am in heaven!!!