where to stay

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by momof4boys, Sep 27, 2003.

1. momof4boys

momof4boys Earning My Ears

we are planning a trip 12/4-12/13 with 4 active boys, ages 9, 6, 3 and 17 mos. Is it better to stay in one room at the poly or 2 adjoining rooms at riverside or cb. also are the adjoining rooms available as one king bed and the other room with the 2 doubles.thanks for the help.:confused:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Eljay

Eljay DIS Veteran

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...landingIndex?id=ResortsRoot&layout=resortLand

Here is a link to the WDW resorts. You can see floor plans here.
    I think you are better at the Poly because of the monorail access. Trying to coordinate 4 kids onto & off of busses would be hard. At the Riverside & CB, busses would be your only option.
    The Wilderness Lodge might be a nice choice. Less expensive than the Poly & you can take a boat to the MK. :cool:
    A cabin in Ft. Wilderness is fun for a big family. You have a full kitchen with dishes, flatware, pots, pans, etc. You are stuck with the busses though.

4. luvmarypoppins

luvmarypoppins <font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu

Wow, bless you, we have 3 boys and the Poly is our favorite. If you can handle it financially I would definetely go there. It has so many plusses for familys hands down. Transportation options boat, bus and monorail. 24 hour snack place - captain cooks. Great volcano pool with zero entry. Play on the beach. Great water sport options - rent water mice, pontoon boat etc. And so many free childrens activities - pool games, arcade challenge, free video games for 1 hour about twice a week, torch lighting, hula lessons, arts and crafts and movies in the neverland club from like 12-3 (parents must accompany children), great on site dining, character breakfast at ohanas, great onsite childcare at the neverland club at night (sorry not for the 17 mos. old - only potty trained, 4 y.o. etc.) , Great views of cinderellas castle, beach viewing of the water parade and fireworks etc. You get the picture, a pure disney paradise. Pick the Poly, pick the Poly.

5. mad4themouse

mad4themouse <font color=deeppink>Never truly happy unless I'm

Hi momof4boys!
    Welcome to the DISboards!

If it were me, I would choose the Poly. Great pool, view, convenient transportation. In a couple of years, when the youngest is too big for a crib, you won't be able to fit 6 in one room. This may be your only chance to stay in a deluxe resort for quite a while. Go for it!

6. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

We have two boys and we love staying at the Poly. :) However, if we had four boys we'd probably go with a home away from home resort... like a two bedroom villa at OKW. :)