Where to stay?

Momamae

Earning My Ears
The fam is going to the world the saturday after thanksgiving and I have a couple questions. Where should we stay? We have it down between BW, BC, and VWL. We have stayed at BC 3 times and haven't stayed at the other 2 none. We like the location of BC and BW so we are leaning towards BW because haven't been there, what do you all think? We are going for the lights because our DD's haven't seen them yet and they are 8 and 6. Also do you think that is a good week, not to crowded I hope.

It's a super busy week for DVC, and the Sat after T-giving will be very busy, as will earlier in the day Sunday (crowds will lighten up as the day wears on)...the first full week after T-giving is great, crowds-wise, in the parks--but availability at DVC resorts goes very very fast...T-giving thru New Year's is probably THE busiest time for DVC...

And the resorts you're contemplating are among the first to book--especially Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club (so you may wind up at Boardwalk just because it's bigger and so availability will last a bit longer)...

So, assuming you actually can find availability that week at all three of the resorts, I think you'll find a lot of people will recommend VWL because the holiday decorations there are just so awesome...

I personally prefer the decorations at BCV and BWV, and with those resorts' easy access to Epcot (my all-time favorite, especially for holiday decorations) and HS, those may rank higher on your preference list...

BCV is one of my two favorite resorts and BWV (which I also love) is my least favorite of all the DVC resorts...

So, assuming you have the choice, and assuming your preferences follow mine, I'd rank them BCV, VWL,, BWV...

Good luck and have a great time!

if you are talking this year - it is probably too late for any DVC resorts using points.

those go pretty fast for late Nov/Dec

would put VWL, BCV and BWV in that order if you can get 'em

The fam is going to the world the saturday after thanksgiving and I have a couple questions. Where should we stay? We have it down between BW, BC, and VWL. We have stayed at BC 3 times and haven't stayed at the other 2 none. We like the location of BC and BW so we are leaning towards BW because haven't been there, what do you all think? We are going for the lights because our DD's haven't seen them yet and they are 8 and 6. Also do you think that is a good week, not to crowded I hope.

Are you paying cash or planning on staying on points? Have you checked availability? If you are talking about Thanksgiving weekend; it is a very busy time of year at WDW. Of those three, I would do BW, BC, VWL in that order due to the fact that you can walk to 2 resorts from BW or BC.

Hope that helps.

Are any of these your home resort? If so, you should book it now! As DMKEDM indicated, it is a very popular time of year for DVC and books up fast. Right now, it does appear that 1BR's are available at those resorts for the Sat and Sun after TG. You should book your home resort now, just so you have something if you are set on that week.

We are going the first week of December and I booked our home about 2 weeks ago. I was surprised at some of the room types already not available (AKV-Jambo savanna and standard studio were gone). I have a friend who owns at OKW and the HH studios and 1BR's are booked for the first week of Dec, but there was still good availability for non-HH rooms.

Have fun planning! Your kids are at a great age to visit WDW during the holidays!!:santa:

We are booked at our home which is SSR. I have checked and the resorts we want we can still book, so I think I am in good shape. My wife and I went before we had kids that time of year and it was a great time of year to go. I can't wait to have my kids experience it.

We are booked at our home which is SSR. I have checked and the resorts we want we can still book, so I think I am in good shape. My wife and I went before we had kids that time of year and it was a great time of year to go. I can't wait to have my kids experience it.

I would put in a vote for BWV, if you can get it. We just stayed there in March, and the location is great for walking to HS and Epcot. We loved being close to the BW restaurants and activities. Our DS6 loved the pool area, although swimming in late Nov or Dec is a little hit or miss with the weather. BWV makes it easy to walk back from the Osborne lights and the Epcot Candlelight Processional. We are going to WDW in December, and I am hoping to switch over to BWV or BCV as well, although I don't have high hopes and we will be happy staying at Kidani for the week. We have never stayed at VWL, so I can't comment on that resort.

Have a great trip, and good luck getting into one of those other resorts!

Love them both, would say the Beach Club is a little more "mature" and the Boardwalk more for "lively." The proximity to the boardwalk itself, with the restaurants, performers, etc. is wonderful...unless, you would like it a bit quieter in the evening. And you can always stroll over to the boardwalk for that enjoyment. Judge who is going, the BCV pool? or the proximity of the boardwalk excitement? Love them both...as a matter of fact, we are doing both this summer, 3 nights at BCV then moving for 4 nights at the BWV! OUr two children now 16 and 14, and have not done BCV in a while with them.

I have been checking availability and it seems we can get what we want, so I am really not worried. I am hoping for BWV, wish me luck!

I have been checking availability and it seems we can get what we want, so I am really not worried. I am hoping for BWV, wish me luck!

How are you checking availability if you aren't at 7 months out yet?

How are you checking availability if you aren't at 7 months out yet?

update, went online to test: With the 7 months as the start date we're able to see past Thanksgiving. She must be putting in Nov 20th as the start just to see projections. The availability can change as we get closer to those days, however.

update, went online to test: With the 7 months as the start date we're able to see past Thanksgiving. She must be putting in Nov 20th as the start just to see projections. The availability can change as we get closer to those days, however.

Oh, for sure it will change. I did that when I was looking at BCV for October. It would be clear a few days before but each day another day was booked up.

I think you have you mind set on BWV but for Christmastime in my opinion the Wilderness Lodge is the only option:santa:. I can't imagine going to the World at Christmastime without staying at the Lodge. The tree fills the lobby and the decorations throughout the Lodge just make it shine. Good Luck and I'm sure wherever you stay you can't go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter