Where to Stay with children?

Kuffam

Mouseketeer
Going to SD the end of March. Where is a good place to stay with children (3 & 6). Pool and frig are a must. Childrens playground, splash pool, kitchen are major pluses! Planing on Legoland, Wild Animal Park, and Sea World. So would want to stay near there.

Kuffam said:
Going to SD the end of March. Where is a good place to stay with children (3 & 6). Pool and frig are a must. Childrens playground, splash pool, kitchen are major pluses! Planing on Legoland, Wild Animal Park, and Sea World. So would want to stay near there.

The best I've heard is the Residence Inn San DIego/MIssion Valley. They have comp full breakfast, and Manager's Reception during the week. They're located on Hotel Circle. Here's the website:

http://www.residenceinnsd.com/index.php

However, the best rate I can find for the Kidsuite when we're going is $249/night! ALso, parking is $10 a night. I'm trying to get that down to $200. I'd be interested in seeing what others suggest too.

The Comfort Suites in the same area also had kidsuites for much lower, but their reviews on trip advisor weren't very good. :confused3

We love to stay at Paradise Point resort and Spa. It is by seaworld, and not cheap. However, it has rooms spread around the 44 acre property and my dd loves to just walk around, feed the ducks and enjoy the property. it also has a great pool. Just a thought.

I've done more research for my trip, so I thought I would add my findings :)

The Residence Inn I mentioned in my above post is just too out of my budget, especially when you add $10/day for parking.

Embassy Suites (La Jolla) rated pretty well on Trip Advisor. As all Embassy Suites, there would be a living room area for the kids to sleep, as well as free full breakfast, and an indoor pool. However, it was around $200/night and also had a parking fee of $15/night.

So... we've whittled it down to the Comfort Inn & suites locals. They all offer separate kidsuites with free breakfast, and free parking. The ratings are mediocre on Trip Advisor -- neither outstanding nor horrible, just average. But at $125/night for a kidsuite, it's more in our price range and we'll put up with a bit more noise or a bit less customer service. There are a few in the area. This is the one that I think we'll go with:

http://comfortinnzoo.com/

Hope this helps. From my research, I found that if you have families and want to do the tourist places, you're better off staying around the hotel circle area. You will need a car to get around and eat out. The whole strip is just hotels.

Based on the attractions you want to visit, I suggest Grand Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad. You will be right next door to Legoland and 30 minutes from both Sea World and Wild Animal Park.

3 of my neighbors own a timeshare there are all the kids love the pool area.

Amw: The REsidence Inn in La Jolla, and another one in Kearney Mesa area of San Diego are "entertainment card" hotels. Do you know about the card?

Also, Paradise Point and Sheraton Harbor Island are e-card hotels. If you call these hotels directly and inquire about their "entertainment card rates" you might find a good deal. You have to buy an entertainment card membership for about $35 but you can do this after-the-fact....in other words if they have a great deal available, book it , and then buy your card afterwards because you need to show the membership card at check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter