1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Where to stay offsite?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by jchristie214, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jchristie214

jchristie214 Earning My Ears

hey all!

We are trying to figure out which of the following are the best locations to stay off-site for our Disney World trip for the week of 12/30/12 - 1/5/13..... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Terra Verde Resort
    Windsor Palms
    Windsor Hills
    Regal Palms resort
    Blue Heron Beach resort
    Mystic Dunes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. quagmire0

quagmire0 Mouseketeer

I can recommend Windsor Hills (although YMMV depending on how well the unit you get is taken care of). Location is great, pool/amenities are nice. The price on the unit we always use was great also (although I checked for your dates and it's already booked :) ) I'd recommended Checking out VRBO. That's how I ended up finding the place we use.

4. jchristie214

thanks! I will check it!

5. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

At windsor hills we loved romancing the mouse and 5mins2disney

6. TinaElmerRh

TinaElmerRh Mouseketeer

We are staying at a villa in Windsor Hills from 12/29-1/5. First time staying off site so I was a little nervous. We booked way back in December of 2011. I did a lot of reading on these boards and from all of the helpful reviews on this site I am feeling much better about it. Maybe we'll see you there!!

7. jchristie214

that would be cool! We are trying to see if there is an opening there...I think that is my first pick from what I have read on here so far.

8. conniehar90

conniehar90 DIS Veteran

We love Windsor Hills! We have stayed at Windsor Palms too but it is a little further away. I think Terra Verde is much further.

9. jchristie214

what about Regal Palms and Emeral Island?

10. Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire DIS Veteran

We have stayed at WH and WP - this Christmas will be our first stay at Emerald Island. EI is nearer to WP - I asked about the community on this forum and got good feedback, so am looking forward to our stay :thumbsup2 All 3 are gated communities - the accommodation can vary as homes are individually owned so the standard is different with each one :)

11. AshRose26

AshRose26 Earning My Ears

My family and I are thinking about staying offsite. This is our first visit to Disney and am trying to conserve money on our accomodations so we can spend the money at the park. Any suggestions on where to stay? We are going December 2013? Thanks!!!

12. conniehar90

conniehar90 DIS Veteran

I can recommend this condo owner - www.disneyneighbor.com. We have stayed in their condos more than 5 times. They have units in Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms. Units are immaculate, the price is right and they are very responsive!

13. jchristie214

thanks! I am checking on it!

14. BarbieSmith

BarbieSmith Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice. We are new to staying off site this year (assuming no free dining for value resorts this year), and this is a helpful start to getting to know the neighborhoods.
    Barbie

15. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

Mystic Dunes is the only one on your list we have visited. We have stayed there several times and always have a good stay. It's a nice resort in a great location. They have been renovating and updating. We had the new bed when we were there last and it was SO comfortable.

Sheila