Where to stay in Canmore - Banff area?

tkyes

<font color=purple>DIS Earth Angel! :)<br><font c
Hi everyone :wave:

Just hopping over to ask for any suggestions on where to stay in the Banff or Canmore area.

DH and I are possibly taking a trip for our anniversary. We were thinking about going to Banff, but the hotels seem a little expensive. Someone suggested Canmore as it's a little cheaper and a little less touristy (is that correct, the touristy part I mean).

Can anyone share any thoughts, advice, or recommendations for places to stay?

Thanks!

Tamie

Hi Tamie,

I live about 5 hours from Canmore but we drive through it a couple times a year to go to Kimberley BC. What are you wanting to do at Banff or Canmore?

Banff is a touristy place meant for holidaying. With some nice shopping. It has some old motels too that you have careful not to book.

Canmore is a small city (not touristy) with all your big name hotels. I cannot help you with what hotel to stay at just that they have some nice looking ones. e.g Sheraton, etc. My siter-in-law and family stayed at a condo a couple of years ago as well.

They are both in the mountains and it is beautiful. If I can help with anything else let me know.

Hope this helps
Michelle

We haven't researched exactly what we are going to do - most likely shopping, hiking, fishing, and some relaxing, whatever it is we can do.

Now I think we might have decided to stay in Banff and Lake Louise.

I don't suppose you would know any of the old hotels *not* to stay at in Banff would you? Pictures on websites can be so deceiving!

Hello,
I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
My girlfriend used to live in Canmore. I recommend staying in Canmore as it is much cheaper than Banff. Plus the drive from Canmore to Banff is only about 10-15 minute highway driving. then this way you can go to the Banff Hot Springs (really nice!!)
I suggest staying at a Bed and Breakfast or the Sheraton is really nice.:) in Canmore
Let me know on how you make out and I can let you know if the one you chose is recommended or not.:confused:
Happy planning

Also try the website: www.discovercanmore.com

If you would like to try a Bed and Breakfast - the Lady MacDonald Country Inn is really nice....

I was in Canmore the end of February and I stayed at the Canadian Rockies chalet - I would not recommend this as there are trains close by and is very noisy!:mad:

I hope the webisite helps

Thanks toocool! We decided now to go to Banff and Lake Louise. :) Should be a great trip! Thanks for your help.

Tamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter