1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

where to stay December trip?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mguilford1, Jan 16, 2013.

1. mguilford1

mguilford1 Mouseketeer

I will be renting points for the first week in December. It will be me, my husband and my 8 year old granddaughter. This will be her first trip to Disney. Where should we stay? My husband and I stayed at Jambo house Savahna view and loved it but it seemed a little far away from the action. I just want this to be an amazing trip for her so any suggestions would be appreciated. She is actually saving every penny she finds for this trip! Thank You

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

Since you are renting points, and want to be in imersed in the magic while at the resort, I would suggest WLV. I have never stayed there but have been and its a beautiful resort. It is right near Mk with a boat that goes right to it. (You can also take monorail to TTC in order to get to EPCOT) You can also take a boat to CR to get to the monorail for MK. I also hear the WL has the best resort Christmas decorations. The pool is also very nice. :)

If that does not interest you - maybe BLT - which is on the monorail line. I don't know what they do for Christmas but I think that resort is also very nice.

Besides the MK area - maybe you would want to stay at a EPCOT resort? BCV and BWV would be your case. I know BC does amazing Christmas decorations and I bet BWV does also. BCV and BWV allow you to walk/boat to EPCOT/HS.

You and your family maybe just need to decide what parks they would want to go to most. MK/EPCOT on monorail line or EPCOT/HS at EPCOT area resorts. From there just pick which one interests you the most and you are all set :goodvibes

Good Luck deciding and have a great trip.

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

4. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

Agreed. Personally, I would pick the VWL due to its Christmas decorations and cozy feel during the holidays. Plus, I thought that the MK was the best decorated park of the four. You will appreciate having that boat access to the MK from the VWL.

Book soon if you want the VWL, though, since it is very popular during the holidays.

Have fun wherever you end up!

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

First week of Dec books up extremely quickly at 11 months out. You are already past that time. Make a decision and get a member to book a stay.

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I agree with VWL :thumbsup2.