Where to stay before cruise near the beach?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by luv2plan, Jan 18, 2009.

1. luv2plan

luv2plan DIS Veteran

We are planning on going to Kennedy Space Center before the cruise and the beach for a day, so where should we stay?

Also, any good miniature golf courses in the area?

Thanks for the info! Happy planning!

2. Yonkrs_Girl

Yonkrs_Girl DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach twice so far and have it booked for our upcoming Sept. cruise. It's a one-block walk to the beach. The pool is not the greatest (very small) but if you are looking for a great close-to-the-beach location -we love it there.

3. tow-mater-1

tow-mater-1 DIS Veteran

I've also heard that 4 Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach is good so I tried to book it for our Jan 2010 cruise a couple of months ago but there was no availability. I keep looking to see if there are cancellations but no luck so far.:confused3 So I suggest you try asap.

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  5. samily

samily DIS Veteran

We have friends who stayed at Ron Jon's Resort in Cocoa Beach and really liked it. I believe they have a waterslide & lazy river, miniature golf, a movie theatre & kids program.

6. rtphokie

rtphokie Photo board moderator

We just returned from a 4 night RCL cruise from Port Canaveral and stayed at the Radisson at the port. A nice hotel at a reasonable price (we found the best rate was online through the Radisson website.) They've got a great pool and hot tub as well:

[​IMG]

The rooms have recently been refurbished and have sleep number beds (which my son enjoyed playing with). Rooms have microwaves and mini fridges. There is a McDonalds across the street and there are a number of restaurants, fast food or otherwise, a few minutes away in Coco.

There is a mini golf place next door as well.

7. dredick

dredick Keep Calm & Wish Upon A Star

Don't listen to anything this woman says...she is nuts!!! :rotfl2:(JK) i forgot you are doing another cruise so soon!! i am soooo jealous!

We stayed at the Rad when we cruised w/ Yonkers ..it is fine for a night..not the best, not the worst. Will stay again next year. the free parking is a major plus for us, however, i heard really bad things about the food!

8. Yonkrs_Girl

Yonkrs_Girl DIS Veteran

Thanks, Deb - LOVE YA :flower3: pixiedust: :wave2:

9. bermudabeachbum

bermudabeachbum Earning My Ears

We booked 1 night at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. The pool looks great and it's right on the beach. Found a really good price but am now reading very mixed reviews.
    Anyone stayed there recently?

10. dredick

dredick Keep Calm & Wish Upon A Star

you are sooooo very welcome :rotfl2: