Where to stay at Disneyland Paris with asthma?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Dis1978, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Dis1978

Dis1978 Mouseketeer

I am planning to visit Disneyland Paris this summer. I have severe asthma and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.
    I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a few years ago and loved it but hated the air freshener that was sprayed everywhere.
    Does anyone know of a hotel in or near Disney where air freshener is not sprayed or pumped through the A/C units? It would be great if the windows opened too.
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

Any other of the on site hotels should be fine for you, I know that that the SL hotel the windows open but by doing this it shuts the air con off

4. Jonjo

Jonjo Mouseketeer

The Santa Fe and Hotel Cheyenne are larger hotels than the Disneyland Hotel but both have smaller accommodation blocks and the rooms have windows that can open.

5. Dis1978

Dis1978 Mouseketeer

Thanks for your very quick replies.
    I really fancy staying at SL but saw a review that said that the windows don't now open. Has anyone been there since the recent refurb?

Also is it possible to rent ECVs at the parks? I've rented them in CA and Orlando and it was a great help.
    Is there a similar situation re GACs?

6. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

Yes, I stayed there last year in one of the lodges and the windows opened, that is how we found out the air con switches off when the window is open.

7. Dis1978

Dis1978 Mouseketeer

Thanks Nikki. That's good to know. I'll book the Sequoia tomorrow.

I hope I will be ok to walk to the park from there. Do you know if there are ECVs to hire at the park?

Also, is there a medical centre nearby in case of asthma problems?

8. Carrie_Cat

Carrie_Cat I'm a Rive Gauche person Moderator

You can hire wheelchairs at the park no ECVs. There might be an outside company that does them (I've a vague memory of seeing a site somewhere) and I'd suggest you contact the DLP disabilty dept to ask.

I can count on one hand the number of ECVs that I've seen in the park or in Paris for that matter and they all were been ridden by tourists.

It's not something that is common here at all.

There are first aid centers in the park and if needed there is a brand new hospital just opposite the Val d'Europe shopping center so 10 minutes away from the parks. :)