Where to send a formal complaint?

chimpwars

Earning My Ears
Not sure where to post this, but where should we send a formal complaint? (we were on the Magic). Things did not go well at all regarding dd's allergies.
We even went to guest services multiple times and no one even called us regarding the problems and concerns!! Just very disappointed :(
WDW was so much better!!! we did use a TA do I contact her? or DCL?

Not sure where to post this, but where should we send a formal complaint? (we were on the Magic). Things did not go well at all regarding dd's allergies.
We even went to guest services multiple times and no one even called us regarding the problems and concerns!! Just very disappointed :(
Can you tell us what happened so we can discuss it on this thread?

Mike

Why do we need to discuss it? OP had a bad experience and wishes to make a formal complaint to DCL about it. It's between them and DCL. These types of threads, unfortunately, often spiral out of control if there is any discussion.

Why do we need to discuss it? OP had a bad experience and wishes to make a formal complaint to DCL about it. It's between them and DCL. These types of threads, unfortunately, often spiral out of control if there is any discussion.

.....agreed......

not sure of the address but if you call DCL Res they will give it to you. If you had made arrangements via the Speical Needs Department prior to the cruise regarding this situation make sure you have copies to include with your complaint.
Good Luck!

I thought it would be interesting to discuss, that's all. Actually any thread has the potential to spiral out of control. Did you see the flu thread recently? That got a bit whacked out towards the end, IMHO.

Mike

To answer OP, I would call your TA.

This is the contact page on DCLs website:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contact-us/

The snail mail address would be
210 Celebration Place
Kissimmee, FL 34747
United States

Phone: 407-566-3500

Id prob just email call or send (or all of the above to cover the bases) them a letter outlining the issue(s) that you had rather then use a ta.

I agree. If the OP wants us to know, theyll tell us. Past that, its above my pay grade.

We contacted our TA about several issues we had on a cruise (non-Disney.) She has since refused to book with that cruise line and warned several other TA's to boycott them as well.

not to get this thread off the rails......BUT. We have sailed with DCL for years and my daughter (Jenny now 25) is severely disabled and I have to say that DCL has always gone above and beyond our expectations on Jen behalf. ;)

I'd like to know the outcome. This is concerning bc my husband has a shellfish allergy and I know that shrimp is served frequently

Because this is a discussion board and the problems they had might help someone else avoid the same issues. Isn't that the purpose of a discussion board?

I'd like to know the outcome. This is concerning bc my husband has a shellfish allergy and I know that shrimp is served frequently

My DW also has a shellfish allergy and we've never had any problems. Just make sure you let them know about it. Any company is going to have hiccups from time to time, and hopefully OP will get the resolution they are seeking from DCL.

It's not going to help the OP now, but I have always heard that the best way to lodge a complaint to DCL is to put it on the Guest comment card before you leave the ship.

Sayhello

It's not going to help the OP now, but I have always heard that the best way to lodge a complaint to DCL is to put it on the Guest comment card before you leave the ship.

Sayhello

We've actually gotten a more personal response by writing a letter after the fact. The comment card is something they get from 90% of cruisers, and there is very little space on it for comments. It is far less common for a guest to take the time and effort to send a letter after the cruise.

sgoney said:

I do as well. I told them the first night and they substituted without my asking for the rest of the cruise.

We've actually gotten a more personal response by writing a letter after the fact. The comment card is something they get from 90% of cruisers, and there is very little space on it for comments. It is far less common for a guest to take the time and effort to send a letter after the cruise.
aloha,
I just ask GS for a letter size paper. I had such a great experience, I did not want to miss anyone and their great deeds they did throughout the cruise. I know the comment card has very little space for writing any good/bad comments.
I just attached it to the comment card and handed it of to GS.
I got a personal letter from DCL thanking me for my comments.
aloha,
hawaiian mickey

I have the same allergy. I have never had a problem on any of the ships or in Remy.

My daughter is 7 and has allergies to many foods....and while this was our 3rd Disney cruise.....they were very careful about all foods...and fixed special meals for her:lmao::lmao::cool1:....and once Luis saw me start to give my daughter some of a roll and he ran over and said...no, we can't be sure about it!!! So, for us.....they were great! They seemed to have it in our file that she has allergies, because when we booked the last cruise...they knew all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!