Where to rent an evc/wheelchair when you are staying off property? Wish trip

2mickeys1minnie

<font color=red>we've turned into that same crazy
Hi everyone,
I have breast cancer and we are very fortunate to have been given a cancer respite vacation with a day at magic kingdom. We are staying at a respite house about 20 minutes away from wdw. I definitely need either a scooter or wheelchair. I'm thinking wheelchair because I'm only comfortable if I extend my left leg. Is there someplace that can deliver to where we are staying? Im so afraid of taking a chance of getting to MK and their being no wheelchairs left. Any advice?

Sorry you are battling cancer, but glad to hear you get a respite vacation!

Wheelchairs and ECVs can be rented in the parks. There isn't really any problem with availability of manual wheelchairs; ECVs run out by mid-morning. However, in-park rentals are just that and must remain in the parks. It can seem like a long hike to the parking lot at the end of a long, tiring day. To my knowledge any of the offsite vendors will deliver to your offsite vacation house. There are a list of vendors in the disABILITIES FAQ thread pinned near the top of this forum.

Enjoy your vacation!

Echoing what lanejudy wrote.
The companies listed in post 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread should also be able to deliver to a house with no problem.
Depending on exactly where the house is, you may be outside of the delivery area for one or more if the companies. If you run into one that says they can't deliver to that area, try one of the others.

Can you contact the house and ask if there's a vendor they deal with? They may have a preferred vendor or rental companies that they'll allow to drop off the equipment before you arrive or they'll sign for it. It might be easier to start there if they at least know the name of a vendor that a previous guest has used before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter