• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to hang wet bathing suits

DizMare

Mouseketeer
Sorry, this is a repost - I had a tantalizing email saying someone had replied to my post, but alas, it is among the missing.

Where do you hang your wet bathing suits in your stateroom? Should I bring clothespins?

Thanks all, it is SOOO good to have the boards back!

There is a retractable clothes line over the tub in the bathroom. We just hung our wet suits over this cord.

Wow, y'all are answering questions I hadn't even thought of asking!! I love you guys. :)

-gina-

We also hang them on the line over the tub.

If you have a verandah, you can hang them over a chair outside..but be careful and make sure you keep them close to the door so they don't blow away...it worked well for us and we also used the cord in the tub..

And be sure to take several bathing suits. There is nothing worse than having to put a cold, wet bathing suit on. YUCK!!!

I also bring clothes pins to hang the suits on the line in the bathtup (I find they dry quicker this way).

I even brought a collapsible clothes hangar......small, circular device that opens up and has clothes pins that can hang about 4 to 5 suits.

MJ

Where did you find the hanger thing? That sounds like something I could use for other vacations too. About how big is it and where did you hang it?:bounce:

We also used the line over the tub. And when we forgot to hang them up, our stateroom hostess did it for us. You could also just throw them into the dryer in the laundry room for 20 minutes. We were in 7625 (Cat.11, deck 7, aft) and were just down the hall from the laundry, which made it convenient.

:)

patches....I can't remember exactly where I bought it but I think I have seen them in Wal-mart, k-mart, discount stores, Bed Bath Beyond in the housewares section.

It is about 7 inches tall collapsed and it opens out into a circular shape with arms. There are about 6 or 7 arms that each have 2 clothes hooks on them. It has a hangar hook at the top that you can hange on shower faucet or towel bar, or shower curtain rod.

I hope this helps. It looks similar to some of the old fashioned clothes hangars people had in their back yards. Pole in the middle and arms that came out. Of course this is a portable thing.

MJ

What great ideas! I hadn't even thought about the wet suits!

Do all categories have the retractable clothes line over the tub/shower?

On my Wonder cruise last summer, I stayed up late on my verandah to watch the Wonder leave Nassau. I noticed that our neighbor's verandah was just covered with towels and bathing suits with some stuff hanging over the rail. As the Wonder picked up speed, it was really windy. I thought about waking my neighbors cause I was sure all that stuff was going to blow overboard. But it was after 2am so I just went to bed. When I woke up, I checked the neighbor's verandah and every single thing was still there. I was amazed! I still wouldn't put my wet stuff out there but it can be done.

It was really fun watching the pier and the adjacent RCCL ship. I was surprised at how late some passengers were returning to the ship. Also lots of Disney employees were messing with the RCCL employees, lots of passionate goodbyes.

Leslie

Here is a helpful hint-especially for ladies! Hang your suit UPSIDE DOWN (from the crotch) over the shower knobs or with the clothesline through the legs- At least one part will dry if your suit is still damp-much more comfortable to put on! ;0)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter