Where to find an hourly employee contract

RichNKatHolly

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I'm accepting a remote position to do some work to be paid hourly. I've been asked to draw up a simple contract/agreement. Anyone have any ideas on where I can find a sample online? Google as usual is bringing up a ton of random garbage.

I have some ideas already jotted down, but I don't want to miss anything. Thanks so much!

Are you being hired as an employee (on the company payroll) or as a contracted worker (who will invoice the company for the work done)?

I would, of course, include a description of the work being done and the hourly rate to be paid, and an estimate of the hours (whether it's total hours for the project, projected hours per day/week, or whatever, be sure to state it is an estimate).

The best thing is to document absolutely everything you have discussed with them. If they said you can work at your own pace, document that. If you have deadlines, document them.

Be as specific as you can about the work you are doing, what is included, what is not, etc.

If you are using any company equipment (computer, fax, whatever) detail that.

Since you're being paid hourly, include how your hours are to be tracked and reported to them, and when/how you are to be paid (upon receipt of your invoice, weekly, end of project).

Clarify who your contact is at the company (the person you are "reporting" to) to avoid miscommunication from others.

Good luck, and congratulations on the job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter