Where to Eat in EPCOT WS w/ Kids

LekiaHall

Mouseketeer
All,

I need a bit of help figuring out where to eat in EPCOT. Hubby will celebrate his birthday while we’re there; I’d like to have a late TS lunch or dinner in the park. Ideally, we could do one of two things:

-Lunch; exiting FW, going into WS
-Dinner around 7PM, after exploring WS; somewhere relatively close to France, so that we can get a yummy dessert while watching Illuminations.

We’ll be with our children (14,10,7,1), so nothing too fancy. No one’s really a picky eater, but hubby and kids blanch at the idea of trying something too new or different. As long as the menu has bail-out options like a burger, pizza and/or fries, I think I can get them to take a chance.

Help, please! :worship: I’m even willing to eat at a resort if it has easy and fast access.

-Lekia H.

Our kids are currently 6 and 2. We've taken them to Le Cellier 3x with no problems (that's our favorite)! They love the bread, and we've had no problem with the kid's menu (except for the pizza - yuck!). If you're not on dining plan, yes, it's pricy, but it really is fine for kids.

We've also taken them to San Angel Inn and Biergarten. Rose and Crown can be fun if you can sit outside; otherwise, it's a bit like being in a bar since it's supposed to be a pub. We were going to go to Le Chefs de France this past time, but we were able to snag a table at Le Cellier.

Do your kids do seafood? There's also Cape May's over at Yacht Club. It's buffet, but it's primarily seafood.

Definitely check menus. There's some on here, but there's also a comprehensive list at allears.net.

We love all of the EPCOT restaurants, this is why we need hopper passes to get to EPCOT at the end of each day for Dinner.

The Biergarten has good food, and a pretty good variety of stuff for picky eaters. There's also enough going on to keep little kids entertained for a while :)

Teppan Edo is another option for you. They have the hibachi steak or chicken which is basically grilling up a steak or piece of chicken, throwing in some vegetables and rice plus you get a show from the chef. Fairly straightforward food so you don't have to go with the sushi or anything too out of the ordinary.

Second Teppan Edo...

It's a show so the kids will be entertained....and it will be "special" for DH's bday.....

Hugs,
Mary

You could always try the Garden Grill character meal - that might be fun and interactive for the kids. We love the food at Chefs de France and it is loud enough in there to cover the sounds of boisterous children. We had a great meal there once where our 17 month old (at the time) toddlers ate well and did fine but the last time we ate there my husband ate his entire meal with a kid in his lap:) Another option would be the Norway princess character buffet. If your hubby is anything like mine, he'll like the tall blond Norwegion servers not to mention the attention he'll receive from the princesses with a birthday button in place:)

My vote would be for Le Cellier. My boys (9 and 5) love it there. Very good selection of childrens meals, staff is very child friendly, and the yummy pretzel bread seals the deal. The last two times we went the server noticed that my boys loved the pretzel bread so much that they wrapped a few up for us to take with us.

If you cannot get into LeCellier, I would also suggest Rose and Crown. We went there in Nov for the first time and I thought it was very good. Also had a nice selection for the not so adventurous eater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter