where to eat in AK

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Tinkershell, May 1, 2007.

1. Tinkershell

Tinkershell ..so we got half-pepperoni and half-pumpkin..

I am wondering where people like to eat at the Animal Kingdom? There doesnt seem to be many restaurants. We are on the dining plan. We are thinking about Donald's Breakfastasaurus, and maybe Pizzafari for lunch. Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jakenjess

jakenjess DIS Veteran

We have had good lunches at both Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House.

4. LEO_Magic

LEO_Magic In my house I'm the boss, when it comes to Disney,

Donald's is awsome!!! We loved it.

5. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

the best place to eat at ak is to take the bus over to epcot.

6. kaybird

kaybird DIS Veteran

Tusker House has the Absolute best CS in all of WDW. We always enjoy Donalds Breakfastasaurus. Later on we are looking forward to the new Yak & Yeti!

7. JMD

JMD DIS Veteran

I like Flame Tree for lunch.

8. tluvstink

tluvstink DIS Veteran

I love Tusker House:cool1:

9. ChrisAlli

ChrisAlli DIS Veteran

Flame Tree BBQ and take the path around back stay right and go all the way down to the water. Nice covered area, great view of Everest and always ducks, fish and turtles swimming around, plus twice we've been there and the boat with mickey, minnie and pluto came by.

10. loopner67

loopner67 The addiction grows daily.

I'm adding my approval to this one. LOL. We enjoyed this CS restaurant in AK and loved sitting down by the lake. We saw the boat with Mickey and Goofy on it (they were dancing on the boat). Very fun! :banana:

11. DizGeek

DizGeek Are we there yet?

LOL! I was going to post the exact same thing!

12. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

hey dizgeek great minds...well you know :thumbsup2

13. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

Another vote for Tuskers and Flame Tree. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 We like both of them.

Last time we were there, my DM and I were going to have lunch at Tuskers (the salmon and the chicken are good) and my DD7, wanted McD's chicken nuggets. So, I (being the wonderful, doing anything for my princess, mom that I am), quick walked (boy was that a long way :confused: ) over to Restaurantosaurus and get her a McNuggets meal while they waited at Tuskers. The only problem was that it was hard not to spill the soda, on the walk back, since they don't have lids (or straws) in AK. My DM and I got the 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken served with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables and Tusker House Chicken Salad tossed with balsamic vinaigrette dressing with 2 large Diet Cokes. We got 1 cheesecake and 1 carrot cake for dessert. The food was good. The rotisserie chicken, potatoes, and green beans, were as good as usual. The chicken salad was excellent! :cool1: We’ve never had it before. However, we had way too much food. We could have easily shared the chicken salad and been satisfied. We took the desserts to go and ate them later in the room. They were okay.

Another day we (DM and I) got our lunch at Flame Tree and carried it to Restaurantosaurus to eat it there with DD (again with those McNuggets). This was a much better walk. I do agree that the outside area at Flame Tree is very nice! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 My DM and I shared the Ribs (with beans and corn) and the Fruit Salad with a side order of Onion Rings. (we were on DDP) The ribs were as good as always. The onion rings were yummy. The fruit salad was very good :goodvibes , with a lot of fresh fruit-I was pleasantly surprised. Since we each had our own meal we ended up with alot of food! Too much-we ended up throwing away a lot of food-we we’re too full! We saved the desserts for later.

Happy Dining! :goodvibes .

14. Treacle44

Treacle44 DIS Veteran

Flame Tree BBQ was lovely and Tusker House has great reviews too.

15. disneyfanUSA

disneyfanUSA DIS Veteran

[COLOR="Yellow"]we love Pizzafari and r going to do Donald's Breakfast for the 1st time this year cant wait!!

~~~~~~~~~~`
    00 off site
    01 off site
    02 assp
    03 asmu
    04 pop
    05 por
    06 asmo
    07 going to asmu in August!!
    [/COLOR]

16. ZoZo

ZoZo DIS Veteran

I really like Tusker House. Even though it's a CS restaurant, they have food that's not your typical "fast food." My favorite is the rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. Mmmmm.

17. danielle782001

danielle782001 DIS Veteran

The breakfast is fantastic! The food is very good (not a lot of choices, but all the staples are there) and the characters are great. We have taken some great photos there!! Donald's Breakfast turns into a McDonalds for lunch and dinner. We eat lunch there. The kids love the special happy meal toy- it was a dinosour the last time we were there. This is a safe choice if you have picky eaters like we do.

18. Tinkershell

Tinkershell ..so we got half-pepperoni and half-pumpkin..

Thanks so much for all of the help! I hadn't heard much about Tusker House or Flame Tree and both sound great! What is good at Tusker house?

19. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

Ditto! It's not a trip to WDW without a hot deli sandwich from Pizzafari. And I also can't wait to try Donald's this year.

20. BabaGanoush

BabaGanoush Lives above Tusker House

Animal Kingdom has the best CS restaraunts in any of the parks. Granted they dont have any TS (yet) but if you are looking for strictly CS, they beat ANYTHING Epcot has to offer. I would seriously take Tusker House or Flame Tree over any CS at any other park.

Case in point - I have had the 1/2 rotisserie chicken at Tusker House and at the Seasons at Epcot. One, Tusker is cheaper (about 2 bucks) and two, MUCH better chicken. Very moist compared to the Epcot version.

My favorite things at DAK CS:
    Tusker House - Rotisserie chicken
    Flame Tree - Seriously, anything... it is all good... including the onion rings
    Pizzafari - Hot Italian Style Sandwich
    Restarauntasaurus - Blah... typical theme park food... only reason to eat here is if you have picky kids.

21. buildit

buildit Earning My Ears

Tusker House is one of my families favorite CS meals.