Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Are there phone numbers you can call to make last minute priority seatings? Or even 1 day in advance? I seem to recall having a number for Mythos last year. I have the 407-503-3463 one wrote down, but is that just for onsite hotel reservations? What about City Walk? I won't have a smart phone with me so can't do internet. Thanks!

(407) 224-3663 call the day of and you should be fine. :) CityWalk

407-224-2155 for information and availability. Margaritaville

407/224-4534 - Mythos

Somebody by now has gotta have a review or pictures of the churrascaria dining at Latin Quarter.Or did I miss a post somewere?

we are going to latin quarter wednesday - Oct 26th for the buffet- i will report back and tell you what we think!

Thanks Jessica R! Last year we tried to eat at Margaritaville, but the wait was too long. Now I can call ahead! :)

Ugh.

I'm struggling finding places to eat at the parks. We don't want full service, but yet don't want the usual hotdogs or hamburgers either every day.

Ideal spots would be bars that also serve appetizer type foods, but I'm not finding menus for those.

Interested in Backwater Bar at the entrance to Islands. Anyone know if they serve food? (I know they do at Confisco, but once again, not looking for a full sit down meal.)

Finding places to eat is more difficult than I thought. Other than Thunder Falls Terrace which serves chicken & ribs, I am stuck...

Ugh.

I'm struggling finding places to eat at the parks. We don't want full service, but yet don't want the usual hotdogs or hamburgers either every day.

Ideal spots would be bars that also serve appetizer type foods, but I'm not finding menus for those.

Interested in Backwater Bar at the entrance to Islands. Anyone know if they serve food? (I know they do at Confisco, but once again, not looking for a full sit down meal.)

Finding places to eat is more difficult than I thought. Other than Thunder Falls Terrace which serves chicken & ribs, I am stuck...

Have you checked out Margaritaville and Hard Rock Cafe? How about the Nascar Sports Grill or NBA City restaurants or Bubba Gump's? All have bars where you can sit and be served apps.

The Backwater Bar will serve you the Confisco's apps.

Finnegan's at Universal also has a bar where you can sit and drink and have apps.

I've put up the new Islands Dining Room menus. They look wonderful!!!

Just returned from a quick trip to Universal and have to report on our Mythos meal. We've been to Mythos many times over the years and have always loved it, but I've got to say it was rather disappointing last Friday. There were five of us and only one of us liked our meal! The one that liked it had the bistro filet (always a favorite), but the rest which included the chef's pizza, pastabilities, the risotto of the day and the steak sandwich all gave it a thumbs down. :headache: I sure hope this isn't a new trend. :confused:

Just returned from a quick trip to Universal and have to report on our Mythos meal. We've been to Mythos many times over the years and have always loved it, but I've got to say it was rather disappointing last Friday. There were five of us and only one of us liked our meal! The one that liked it had the bistro filet (always a favorite), but the rest which included the chef's pizza, pastabilities, the risotto of the day and the steak sandwich all gave it a thumbs down. :headache: I sure hope this isn't a new trend. :confused:

Oh no! I hope not. My DH and I want to eat there when we go next month. :( I hope the food gets better again between now and then. :sad2:

That's a shame. We were there on Sept. 23 and there were 6 of us dining. We all liked our meals a lot. The only thing I didn't like was the new potato rosemary bread. I loved the old stuff and the new stuff just didn't compare.

Somebody by now has gotta have a review or pictures of the churrascaria dining at Latin Quarter.Or did I miss a post somewere?

i ate there 12 days ago and wasn't all that impressed with the meats.

everything was well done or med well done.

i had to ask for medium rare each time they came around.

it took them 15 minutes to return with meat for me.

in the meantime, i repeated the salad bar as i was hungry.

the salad bar was a lot better than the meats imo.
it included two soups, seafood salads, pasta salads, potatoe salads, crab, lettuce salads, veggie tray which included carrots, celery, olives, broccolli, etc.
and some more dishes, all served cold.

the server came around to all the tables with the meats on the skewer.
he cuts the meat and you have a tong to grab that piece off.

the meats they had the night i went were:
flank steak, lamb, roasted pork, filet mignot, ny strip sirloin, ribeye, steak marinated in a tangy tasting sauce and one more type of steak.
the pork was not marinated and too dry for me.

there were only 2 other tables occupied when i was there.
a 3rd party came in while we were eating.

the bar is in the middle and is huge.
the tables are away from the bar.
some are at the railing that over looks the Latin Quarters.
other tables are along the walls away from the bar and some tables outside on the balcony. (it was way too hot outside to sit on the balcony that night)
the seating arrangements are lovely.

i was there around 7:15 in the evening.
Latin Quarters was busy and it was nice to watch their video on the wall and watch the waitstaff prepare food table side for those patrons.

next time, i'll do Latin Quarters instead.

with the slow service i had, the waitstaff had no apologies.
they seemed shocked that i wanted my meat medium rare.

what they do is go to all the tables in the restaurant with the meat they have before they return to the kitchen section.

since there were only a few tables occupied when i was there, i thought they would be back sooner than they did.

i would watch them talking to the chef while i was waiting for my food, which didn't please me very much.

i love steak especially the filet mignon.
but, it didn't come around again that evening for me.

i won't be a repeat customer.
over priced for what i paid for so little steak.

I've put up the new Islands Dining Room menus. They look wonderful!!!

i am so disappointed in the new menu.
i was there the last day they had the old menu.
when they told me the new menus would be Asian, i was sad.

they only kept the breakfast menu as it was before.
the wait staff i had said they are concerned that they will lose business since they have removed the burgers, wraps and other typical items from the lunch menu and dinner.

i have a thought they might lose the families with younger children for the lunch and dinner menus.

the wraps and burgers were the most popular items on the menu for family's with youngsters.

they had the most fantastic steaks on the old menu which was the one thing i always went there for.

i am so disappointed in the new menu.
i was there the last day they had the old menu.
when they told me the new menus would be Asian, i was sad.

they only kept the breakfast menu as it was before.
the wait staff i had said they are concerned that they will lose business since they have removed the burgers, wraps and other typical items from the lunch menu and dinner.

i have a thought they might lose the families with younger children for the lunch and dinner menus.

the wraps and burgers were the most popular items on the menu for family's with youngsters.

they had the most fantastic steaks on the old menu which was the one thing i always went there for.

I think that a restaurant called The Islands Dining room should have an Islands flair. Bula Bar has great wraps and burgers as does Jakes. There used to be a better mix of Asian and American but lately the Asian influence was really disappearing.

I can't wait to try the new menu.

Hello all! I am usually on the Disney boards but am considering going to US next year for a change. My husband and I are foodies and so the quality of food plays a very large part in our vacations. When we are at Disney, we dine only at the Signature restaurants for dinner and then TS restaurants at the parks. I have a few questions that I hope some of you will be able to help me with:
1) Which restaurants would be Signature equivalents?
2) How do they compare to Disney`s Signature restaurants?
3) Without a dining plan, I am assuming that this way of dining would be VERY expensive! For us, the Deluxe plan at Disney was a very good deal. Would we have to change our eating habits at US?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I think the problem is you are trying to compare apples and oranges. Universal is NOT disney. If you want Disney dining then stay at Disney. Simple as that. Universal has some awesome restaurants that are located in the hotels. Those would be the closest to what you are looking for. The ones in Citywalk are the average tourist type restaurants. In the parks, they have a few (Mythos, Confiscos) but Universal is more setup for faster type meals. They do have a dining plan in the parks which is sold by the day and is all you can eat (around $20). That plan however generally gets you fast food type items (hamburgers, pizza, etc.)

Have you checked out Margaritaville and Hard Rock Cafe? How about the Nascar Sports Grill or NBA City restaurants or Bubba Gump's? All have bars where you can sit and be served apps.

The Backwater Bar will serve you the Confisco's apps.

Finnegan's at Universal also has a bar where you can sit and drink and have apps.

Thank you, damo! You're always so helpful on this board! :goodvibes

Hello all! I am usually on the Disney boards but am considering going to US next year for a change. My husband and I are foodies and so the quality of food plays a very large part in our vacations. When we are at Disney, we dine only at the Signature restaurants for dinner and then TS restaurants at the parks. I have a few questions that I hope some of you will be able to help me with:
1) Which restaurants would be Signature equivalents?
2) How do they compare to Disney`s Signature restaurants?
3) Without a dining plan, I am assuming that this way of dining would be VERY expensive! For us, the Deluxe plan at Disney was a very good deal. Would we have to change our eating habits at US?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Each hotel has a "signature" restaurant and Citywalk has a few. At Citywalk you can eat at Emerils. At RPR, each at Tchoup Chop, at HRH at the Palm, and PBH at Bice.

I suggest you purchase an annual pass that will deeply discount your onsite hotels and offset the price of dining.

The only signature restaurant we ate at on the past vacation ad WDW was Il Mulino and pretty much anywhere I've eaten at Universal is better that that.

Does anyone know if they still serve the Blueberry-Pistacio crusted pork at Mythos? I notice it has been taken off the menu :scared1:it was my favorite...please say it ain't so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter