Where to buy Disneyland tickets in Canada

LadyBJ

Earning My Ears
Does anybody know if there is a way to buy Disneyland tickets here in Canada? I heard some Disney stores carry them but I can't be sure.

Disney Stores used to carry park passes but that's ended. Try the CAA?

Oh, that's too bad. I was hoping I can get tickets in CAD instead of USD with the dropping dollar. Not sure if CAA allows non-members to buy tickets though?

When I bought them outside of a package I just used the Disneyland website they have a print at home option where you just print off a voucher and they scan that at the gate and issue a ticket good for the length of time you paid for.

We bought ours from cheaptickets.ca We shopped through Ebates.ca and got nearly $80 cash back. Only downside with those is we got a voucher emailed to us so we have to go up to the ticket booths to exchange them rather than going straight to the turnstile the first day.

Our last trip in 2013 we bought them through Flight Centre. Do you collect Airmiles? Both last trip and this one we had enough Airmiles for one adult 3-day park hopper tickets.

When I bought them outside of a package I just used the Disneyland website they have a print at home option where you just print off a voucher and they scan that at the gate and issue a ticket good for the length of time you paid for.

That would be a good option too if I can't buy them here directly. They offer discounts for tickets until next year.

We bought ours from cheaptickets.ca We shopped through Ebates.ca and got nearly $80 cash back. Only downside with those is we got a voucher emailed to us so we have to go up to the ticket booths to exchange them rather than going straight to the turnstile the first day.

Our last trip in 2013 we bought them through Flight Centre. Do you collect Airmiles? Both last trip and this one we had enough Airmiles for one adult 3-day park hopper tickets.

Wow, that's great! Any problems encountered with cheaptickets.ca or was it pretty smooth? I've never bought anything from them, so I'm a little concerned. But I will check them out.

I do collect Airmiles but I don't collect much so it probably won't help with this particular trip.

Thank you for the tips! :thanks:

We haven't used the tickets from cheaptickets yet (we go in October) but I've read on the boards from lots of others using them and having no issues so I don't see there being any problems.

Aladora recommended Flightcentre on another thread I had about this same topic, so I checked them out. Their price changes regularly to account for the exchange rate. The day that I looked at them, it was $456 for a 6-day base ticket compared to $325 from Disney. That's over 40% more. The best deal, even with exchange, is to buy them through UCT with the Mousesavers rate.

Thanks for the tips! I did some looking around myself and checked Flightcentre, Ares Travel (which I've used before), and Disney website. FC is the most expensive, followed by Disney, followed by Ares (exchange rate accounted for). I ended up buying from the Disney website because tickets are valid until Dec. 2016, so if for some reason we cancel our trip this year, I can keep the tickets til next year. FC expires Jan. 2016 and Ares I think is about the same. It wasn't the best deal but I like the extended time range. We're going Christmas time so e-tickets would let us go directly to the turnstiles. Only bought 1 ticket for now, need 4 more. Trying to buy 1 at a time, maybe I can catch a better exchange rate next time.
:crazy2: :surfweb:

Thanks for the tips! I did some looking around myself and checked Flightcentre, Ares Travel (which I've used before), and Disney website. FC is the most expensive, followed by Disney, followed by Ares (exchange rate accounted for). I ended up buying from the Disney website because tickets are valid until Dec. 2016, so if for some reason we cancel our trip this year, I can keep the tickets til next year. FC expires Jan. 2016 and Ares I think is about the same. It wasn't the best deal but I like the extended time range. We're going Christmas time so e-tickets would let us go directly to the turnstiles. Only bought 1 ticket for now, need 4 more. Trying to buy 1 at a time, maybe I can catch a better exchange rate next time.
:crazy2: :surfweb:

I called FC and priced out 4 day PH for DL (not WDW). The price on their website was higher than what I was quoted. ($381 on website, quoted $372)

FC per adult $372 CAD.
Expedia per adult $395.76 CAD.
Orbitz per adult $300 US converted to $395.49 CAD. (Bank of Canada exchange, credit card will be a bit more.)
Ares per adult $285 US converted to $375.72 CAD. (Bank of Canada exchange, credit card will be a bit more.)
Disneyland.com $300 US converted to $395.49 CAD. (Bank of Canada exchange, credit card will be a bit more.)

What kind of price did you find, @LadyBJ ?

I called FC and priced out 4 day PH for DL (not WDW). The price on their website was higher than what I was quoted. ($381 on website, quoted $372)

FC per adult $372 CAD.
Expedia per adult $395.76 CAD.
Orbitz per adult $300 US converted to $395.49 CAD. (Bank of Canada exchange, credit card will be a bit more.)
Ares per adult $285 US converted to $375.72 CAD. (Bank of Canada exchange, credit card will be a bit more.)
Disneyland.com $300 US converted to $395.49 CAD. (Bank of Canada exchange, credit card will be a bit more.)

What kind of price did you find, @LadyBJ ?

Interesting. I didn't get the DL PH, just the regular one. So 4 day non-PH was $260 US and I paid $339 CAD for that. FC looks like a good option if dates are set for this year.

Interesting. I didn't get the DL PH, just the regular one. So 4 day non-PH was $260 US and I paid $339 CAD for that. FC looks like a good option if dates are set for this year.

Our dates are set, we leave in just over two weeks!

Any reason you went for the non-hopper? We've gone down a number of times and have always hopped but some people just never hop.

Over the last few years Orbitz has done a few promos for DL tix. Last one I saw was a while back that gave you an extra day if you bought a 3 day non hopping base ticket (plus you got one magic morning). I think Orbitz does Ebates as well. These come out sporadically or maybe and must be used during a certain time period so just a heads up for anyone doing a last minute purchase, you might want to check Orbitz first. The original link came from the Disboards California section

To piggyback on this existing thread.......

I went to my local CCA office today to pick up a 3 day DL hopper and was told they don't sell DL passes.
I've purchased our WDW passes there many times in the past and all of their marketing states tickets for All Disney Theme Parks.
Was I misiformed? I realize not all agents are up to speed on all things Disney but I find CAA to be really low on the "in the know" scale of Disney.
Has anyone here purchased DL passes from CAA or know of someone who has?

Can also try 'Perkopolis' if you have access. Some of the US discount sites are actually offering 5 Day passes for the price of 4 Day passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter