Where to buy a tuxedo?

v.t.

DIS Veteran
My DH has been invited to a black tie event that he wants to attend. We normally turn down formal events since he does not have a tux, and we receive 3-4 invites a year. So I am thinking if we go ahead and buy, I will get to attend a few parties a year. ;) He needs it for Monday, so we will have to shop this weekend, in the DFW area.

Thanks!

I don't know that you'll be able to buy on this weekend. I bought one for DS15 for Christmas (he's a singer and will wear it 3x per year plus Jr/Sr formal dances) at a local tuxedo shop. They measured him, ordered his tux, fitted him when it came it, and did the alterations. From start to finish, it took about 2-3 weeks, which I didn't think was too terrible. Essentially, you're purchasing a formal suit.

You may be able to work a deal for this weekend that if you rent a tux from them, they'll discount the price knowing you're purchasing one.

I know many people (including my son and other area musicians of all ages) who buy them at JC Pennys. They often have sales going.

DH bought one at a local tux shop-- not one of the chains. They sold him one of the ones they rent for a very good price. He normally only wears it on cruises and such so didn't want to spend a lot of money. The tux and shoes (bought them there too) look brand new.

If your husband knows his measurements, he can buy on ebay. you can normally buy former rental stock for under $50, and then he could get it tailored to meet his needs. That's how my husband did his wedding tux.

men's warehouse, jcpenny, local tux rental places, some higher end suit shops. I bought Dh's from Jcpenny.

DH got his at Burlington Coat Factory, they almost always have sales on the entire suit. They also have low prices on the tuxedo shirt, vest, bow ties, etc. I know they do alterations, but I'm not sure of the turnaround time, but you may be able to find a decent fit off the rack for this event, then get it tailored later if you want. Good luck! Looks like there are plenty of Burlingtons near the DFW area.

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/StoreLocator.aspx?q=Dallas,%20TX

Do you have a Hudson's Treasure Hunt in your area? My friend bought one last week from there for $35.

Your local Tuxedo rental shop for a used Tux.

After our 2nd cruise(Renting)I bought one for about $150.
This was the COMPLETE outfit including shoes.
I inspected it completely and they customized it very quickly.
I also bought some extra ties and cumburdones(sp) that matched my wifes gowns - unknown to her - and scored some "Brownie Points" / "Romantic Points" - that paid off in spades back in the cabin...Hubba:) Hubba:)

I bought DH's tux at JCPenneys. (But that was before the whole JCP shakedown thing. Don't know if they still have them.)

I would also recommend Men's Wearhouse.

DH got some suits at Joseph Banks, and I think they had tuxes there too.

Maggie

Op here. Thanks to all your suggestions, we were able to get one last night. Burlington does not carry them, at least that is what 2 different people said on the phone. :confused3 JC Penney's did not fit, Men's Wearhouse had the BOGO. Since DH does not need another suit, it was too high. So at Jos A Banks when the jacket fit perfect and the saleman offered the suit at almost 70% off, we grabbed it.

Thanks again for the help!

Op here. Thanks to all your suggestions, we were able to get one last night. Burlington does not carry them, at least that is what 2 different people said on the phone. :confused3 JC Penney's did not fit, Men's Wearhouse had the BOGO. Since DH does not need another suit, it was too high. So at Jos A Banks when the jacket fit perfect and the saleman offered the suit at almost 70% off, we grabbed it.

Thanks again for the help!

That's a fantastic deal! Congratulations and enjoy the parties!

i got a great one in Ralph lauren for about $1100

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter