Where should we have dinner?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tpimental, Aug 19, 2011.

1. tpimental

tpimental Mouseketeer

We get into Disney on Friday before noon and will spend the afternoon in Hollywood Studios, planning to try to be there by 3 for the parade. What should we do for dinner? There are 7 of us....not much out there for reservations at HS. Hollywood and Vine has availability. Should we maybe go to DTD around 7ish? A resort nearby? Don't want to eat too late but don't want to rush either.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KeroKero

KeroKero DIS Veteran

If everyone is up for the buffet dinner at H&V, then go ahead and choose that. Or, if everyone is all up in the air, then maybe DTD would be a better choice so that everyone is free to eat at whichever CS they wish, and then you could pick an outdoor meeting spot for everyone to sit at and eat.

Either way, you guys will have a fantastic time! So many yummy choices! Enjoy!

4. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Do you want to continue at DHS after dinner? If you won't get there til 3 and are watching the parade, you won't have time to see many of the attractions before dinner. If H&V doesn't really appeal (and I woundn't blame you) then what about going over to the Boardwalk area? Then you could walk or boat back to DHS for the evening. This would take a lot less time than going over to DTD. Choices here could be Kouzzina, Cape May, ESPN or Big River.

But if you'll be done at DHS (perhaps you will be spending another day there?) then I'd go with DTD. Lots of good TS and CS places there. We really like Raglan Road or Wolfgang Puck's. For CS we love Earl of Sandwich or WPE.

5. tpimental

tpimental Mouseketeer

I like this idea! Thank you...have never done any of those actually.

6. Huff

Huff DIS Veteran

The boat connects HS to the back entrance (International Gateway) of Epcot with stops at the Boardwalk, Yachtclub, and Dolphin/Swan. So quite a few choices at Epcot or around the Boardwalk area resorts. Check menus and reviews at allears.net.

HS dining is not all that great. Melrose is decent but nothing great, Brown Derby is good but expensive. The rest I try to avoid.

7. tpimental

tpimental Mouseketeer

Epcot seems like a great option! I guess I didn't realize how easy it would be to get over there for dinner. Thank you!

8. Quin

Quin DIS Veteran

Remember that if you go IN to Epcot to eat, you will need to have Park Hoppers along with your base tickets. If you eat at any of the Epcot-area resorts such as Boardwalk or BC/YC, you don't.

I think the resorts are a great option, especially if you have not spent an evening on the Boardwalk before. Cape May buffet is really, really good but also pretty popular and you would need a reservation for 7 people. Some of the Boardwalk restaurants like Big River might have better luck as a walk-up.

If you are not on the DDP, you could also look at the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin; the boat stops there too. In fact, because the boat makes so many stops, the entire trip from DHS to the Epcot back gate takes about half an hour.

Also note that because the Boardwalk area is open quite late, Disney runs extra late-night bus transport from there directly back to other resorts - you probably will not have to go to DTD and switch to a second bus.

9. Queila

Queila DIS Veteran

Every time we go to DHS we take the boat to eat at either the Boarrdwalk or at Cape May in the Beach Club Resort and then we go back to DHS for the rest of the evening. It gives us a nice break from the park.

However, as someone already mentioned I hope this is not your only day at DHS because you wont be able to see much with such a late start and leaving the park to eat on top of that. Unless you only want to do the thrill rides and are not interested in the shows...:confused3

Anyways, you cannot go wrong with Cape May Cafe.:thumbsup2
    Q

10. CajunMomof3

CajunMomof3 DIS Veteran

From HS (after traveling all day), you might want to walk over to the BW area. We were pleased with the food selections there. Might be a bit crowded on Friday, though...