Where Should A Husband and Wife stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StarsForAlice, Sep 17, 2012.

1. StarsForAlice

StarsForAlice Earning My Ears

Hi! I am looking for recommendations on where me and my husband can stay for our trip to Disney in May 2013. We went together for the first time May 2012, and stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. We HATED it! It felt very run down, dirty, and the pool was very crowded.

We want to stay somewhere else this time around and are looking at various moderate and deluxe resorts. Money is not a huge issue, but obviously we don't want to go overboard.

The most important thing we want at the resort we stay at is a nice pool that we can enjoy during the afternoons. We would love a pool that is big and not overly crowded.

Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. themilesfamily

themilesfamily <font color=green>Wanna potty with Spongebob Squar

How about the Boardwalk Villas? They have a quiet pool just for adults. Rent points from a DVC member and you've got yourself an excellent deal. (If you rent points, you can probably do this for under $200 a night.)

Here's a description of the hotel from another site...

"Made to look like Atlantic City in the 1940s, the relatively subdued Boardwalk Villas rests beside a glittering stretch of great restaurants, bars, carnival games, and even art galleries on scenic Crescent Lake, within walking distance of Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The hotel also offers a great gym, a pool just for adults, and some of Disney's best suites, which are more like upscale condos."

I have pics in my October trip report, below, of the view from our Preferred room at the Boardwalk. It overlooked the Swan hotel and was a very cool view.

4. THERESA522

THERESA522 DIS Veteran

Welcome pixiedust:

I think it depends on what else you'll do during your trip. Will you be visiting the parks every day or eating at a nice restaurant?

I think one of the EPCOT resorts would be great...lots to do and see in that area and good pools at any of the resorts.

5. StarsForAlice

I never even knew Disney had adult only pools! I'll be reading your trip report, thanks!

6. StarsForAlice

We will be visiting the parks every day and will probably end up eating at a variety of restaurants (resorts, downtown disney, at parks)

7. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

I would suggest anything on the Epcot loop as well.

It gives you alternate transportation to DHS and Epcot with the friendship boats.

There is alot of entertainment out on the Boardwalk.

It gives you some wonderful restaurants, such as Kouzinna's at BW; blue zoo at the Dolphin, etc.

I would definitely think you would really enjoy it.

8. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

It is not Adults only. I do not think that any pools are adult only at WDW.

www.allears.net. Section the World according to Jack is doing a great piece on the boardwalk.

Kae

9. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Correct. There are no adult pools at Disney. Only on the cruise ships.

10. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

There are no adult-only pools on Disney property. At most resorts, there's a main ("feature") pool, and other, more basic pools. These other pools are commonly known as quiet pools, but that just means they don't have slides, waterfalls, etc. They're definitely not child-free, and they're not necessarily quiet, either.

11. connie1042

connie1042 DIS Veteran

I know most people are going to suggest the deluxe resorts, buy my husband and I really like CBR. It is a big resort, but that way people are not on top of each other. You could sit at the beach during the day and be the only ones on it. We would use the quiet pools, with little or no people. Loved the courtyards in each village. Husband would take his coffee out there in the morning and read. Very quiet. Bus stops are close to each village. When we go now, because we have been so often, we do the parks in the morning, relax in the afternoon, and have a nice dinner somewhere in Disney, and finish at a park. When it is just adults, there is no reason to rush. Let the crowds go ahead of you. Grab a drink and people watch and then head to the bus stop. It is a great way to do Disney:cool1:.

12. Butterflygirl35

Butterflygirl35 DIS Veteran

For a deluxe I would go with Boardwalk for awesome nightlife!

For mod - CSR is a peaceful and gorgeous resort

13. Snow Shoe

Snow Shoe What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

As Boardwalk DVC owner, I think staying at the Boardwalk would be a very good choice. Here is a fact sheet and photo gallery of the resort http://allears.net/acc/faq_bwv.htm

14. jkjs

jkjs Mouseketeer

For just a husband and wife i would suggest Wilderness Lodge, Poly or Boardwalk.

15. Elmo888

Elmo888 DIS Veteran

I didn't see exactly when in May, but you might want to check your dates if you are concerned about crowds. Avoid the holidays (including Memorial Day) if you would like to avoid a crowded pool.

16. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

BWI for atmosphere and location <3 it!

17. Maggie'sMom

Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

I'd suggest the Poly, WL, or BWI for deluxes and CSR for a moderate.

18. jamescanuck2001

jamescanuck2001 Mouseketeer

recommend the yacht club

probably the quietest disney resort, has a quiet pool, close to many things to do

19. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

From one couple to another.... For serene, peaceful bliss....WL without a doubt.... Nestled in the lines, away from all the day guests eating or wandering around and a deluxe without the huge price tag.

We enjoy being on the lakes, in the MK area with access to numerous water craft options.... A great boat ride to FW for some quiet nibbling and having a few drinks at Crocket's Tavern, feels so remote and a pleasant place to take a carriage ride....

We've done all the other resorts, monorail loop and EPCOT areas and they just get too levering with day visitors crowding up the resort....we also get more enjoyment strolling thru the Mak than any other park, usually open the latest and a great boat ride away ... Give it a look see .... Be surprised with its peaceful atmosphere!!

20. DVC Daisy

DVC Daisy DIS Veteran

We just stayed at BWI for our 25th Anniversary. Wonderful resort. It was very quiet (mid-Aug) and in a great location.

We have never tried WL or CBR however, so I cannot compare it to those two.

21. butsy113

butsy113 AKV Owner

My DH and I truly love AKL. The pool is large and I don't remember a lot of unruly children running around. There is a nice secluded hot tub. Savannah view room might be a nice touch (we love watching the animals in the morning). The dining is EXCELLENT! We love Boma. There is both TS and CS available. Transportation is only by bus because it's way out there. That being said buses run frequently and we have never had an issue with the bus service here. We actually prefer being farther out. It's quiet and relaxing after a busy day at the parks!