Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Charleston Princess, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Connor has been pining after one for a long time -- it was a dream come true for him!

Yes, I think "you get free stuff when you cry" is something we should all remember at Disney. LOL!

I do remember your story about the wallet because it is always one of my fears that we will lose something like that on the trip! I just love that things turn up at Disney! I don't know if that happens much in the real world.

Thanks! I couldn't resist using it.

When I read Chelsea's rough draft, I just knew it would be perfect for the update. I haven't read her finished copy yet -- we will see if she made any changes.

Calmer? A little, but not much. I don't know why this year has been so crazy so far. Do your students arrive on Monday?

I had a knot in my stomach just reliving it while writing the update. It was so stressful to discover the camera missing.

I think both Charles and I would have liked something strong to drink, but it would have been a long, hot walk to Mexico! LOL!

Le Cellier is coming up this weekend! Connor didn't seem quite as guilt-ridden the second time. ;)

Yes, we are almost down to 34 more school weeks. :laughing:

I found the travel writing lesson on readwritethink.org. It was in the high school section, but my middle schoolers took to it like ducks to water.

The CM was so sweet! I wish I had had my wits about me and thought to take a picture of her with Chelsea. She was the best!

Yes, despite rude people and a lost camera, we enjoyed our day!

Chelsea had a lot of fun writing about her lost camera, and you know I just couldn't keep my mouth shut with my own comments! LOL!

Disney magic was definitely restored and even boosted by that fabulous CM!

Thank you! Yes, I love that comment of hers! So Chelsea! :lmao:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

:goodvibes great tr subscribing

4. Charleston Princess

Yes, Chelsea is just like Jasmine -- totally a Dori! LOL!

I could definitely drink a few pina coladas right now!!! I was just thinking that I might need one or two this weekend!

Thank you! Yes, I think I went weak in the knees when the CM came back with the camera.

This week was a little calmer -- more of a tropical depression instead of a hurricane. Hopefully, I will hit my stride soon.

We were all a bit sick to our stomachs during the whole ordeal.

Oh, those chair movers. :sad2: They were right beside us and instead of asking me to scoot my chair over a little bit -- which I would have gladly done -- they waited until we were in the pool and shoved my chair way over onto my shoes and knocking over my water bottle. Some people.

I will be sure to pass your comments along to Chelsea -- of course, that will mean I have to confess to using it in the first place. :laughing:

I love pina coladas -- I think they are my favorite summertime drink.

I read somewhere this week that this summer has been the hottest one on record. I believe it! I am looking forward to fall weather.

:rotfl: She may could even score something way better than a spray fan!

I agree! I know I was double checking the cameras (and everything else) the rest of the trip.

I thought it would be neat to share this experience from Chelsea's point of view.

I am glad I am not alone! LOL!

Don't I know it! I get cold shivers every time I see that picture! :laughing:

Good idea! :lmao: I am always getting frustrated with Chelsea forgetting things. Second day of school she forgot her glasses at home. I was not a happy camper about that.

I would love to see the POTC film sets!

You and your boys would have a blast in Innoventions. So many cool interactive things to do.

We were thrilled with getting the camera back -- the spray fans were such an added bonus!

Thanks! I just had to share her point of view on the whole thing.

Thanks! Yes, we were so happy someone turned that camera in! It really restores my faith in humans! At least the ones that vacation at Disney! ;)

Thanks! Oh, yes, both my kids call me Momma -- we are southern to the core. LOL! Yes, I never would have thought about the showing pictures to prove the camera was ours -- so much easier to identify camera now that we are in the digital age.

5. Charleston Princess

Thank you!

Oh, that so describes both Chelsea and Connor. Connor is so "selectively forgetful." Another thing I blame on Charles. LOL!

Thanks! Pixie dust in excess! It was such a silver lining in the cloud of lost camera despair!

Ah, thank you! I love her writing, but then I am supposed to since I am her mom. :goodvibes

Connor has wanted one of those on our last few trips, and this time he had money set aside for one. LOL!

Yes, both her swimsuits this year were animal print ones -- the other one had zebra stripes. They would have been perfect for AKL last summer!

We do get out in May -- this year our last day will be May 20. :eek:

Thank you! I agree -- it would have been such a tragedy if we hadn't found the camera.

Ha ha ha! It might have been something really, really good. ;)

Oh, most definitely, but it was too long a walk to Mexico. :laughing:

Nope, not at all! :lmao::scared1:

Thank you!!! Yes, I had to keep the spray fans a secret for the trip report! I was DYING to tell everyone about them, though! I am such a lousy secret keeper! LOL!

It almost doesn't bear thinking about! I think I will be in denial for the next couple of years. :laughing:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Yes, it does! I remember as a kid summer always seemed to go on forever! Now, it just speeds by in the blink of an eye! Enjoy your last couple of weeks! :goodvibes

Thank you! I couldn't help but laugh when I read that line of Chelsea's! It is so her! :laughing:

Oh, it was fabulous in so many ways!

Thanks! Yes, I was so relieved we found the camera and could go back to enjoying our vacation!

I hear you on the exhaustion! I have been so tired the last couple of weeks! I am already ready for Labor Day weekend.

Thanks! Oh, no! I can't believe Baylor lost his camera on COP! Poor guy! :(

Nope, we never found a disco ball for her locker, but she did get locker beads for it! :lmao:

Yes, please! I will need them! :laughing:

Thanks! Yes, her eyes were very puffy from crying for almost an hour.

6. Charleston Princess

Thanks! I was actually surprised that she chose that incident -- I figured she would go for something from her Texas trip.

It was heartbreaking at the time, too, because we didn't know if we would ever see that camera again!

We were so thrilled to be reunited with that camera!

Thanks! Yes, Chelsea was having entirely too much fun in that car. LOL!

Connor seemed a little bit better about parking this time...maybe because we got away with it the first time. :laughing:

Welcome, Debbie!!! Thanks for reading! Charles and I already checked out the menus for this year's Food and Wine -- sadly, no Dragonberries, but there is going to be something called a Torched Cherry Colada. That sounds yummy, too!

Love your print! Have you seen the one from this year? I keep thinking it would look really good in the kitchen with last year's. ;)

Yes, they do grow up way too fast! I can't believe I have a teenager!

It was tough to let go of the plan, initially, but I am glad we did! You need to explore that side of Innoventions -- very fun!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Connor was bound and determined this trip -- he has wanted one for several trips now, and for whatever reason, has never gotten one. He knew this trip he was making us stop to do it. LOL!

Thank you! We were so relieved. It was like a great weight had been lifted off my shoulders!

:rotfl:

I found the lesson plan on ReadWriteThink.org. They have lots of neat lessons on there -- I have used quite a few.

Thanks! I couldn't wait to share the entire experience with everyone!

Thanks! Oh, yes, Connor was just as happy to have the camera found. I think he was as stressed out as the rest of us!

:laughing: It was actually a bit of a coincidence that Chelsea chose that particular incident. I do have to confess, though, that once I found that lesson on the Internet, I knew I would have to use it. I am such a sucker for travel writing! (Obviously ;))

7. Charleston Princess

I can't wait!!! :goodvibes Chelsea was talking the other night about how we should go to New York City just the two of us. I think that would be a lot of fun, but I don't know how our boys would feel about being left behind.

Thanks! I know Chelsea enjoyed writing it because she never complained about it. ;)

Did you have a great summer? Glad you are enjoying the TR!

The CM was so wonderful! I wanted to give her a hug!

Yes, the Innoventions building was lots of fun! We probably could have spent all morning there!

I was so glad I didn't balk at Charles wanting to change the plans. We had so much fun hanging out and playing that morning!

I suspected as much. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

The CM totally surprised us with those spray fans! I really thought she was going to come back with some tissue for Chelsea! No wonder it is so hard for us to branch out and go anywhere but Disney!

Thanks! We were actually working on "voice" with that assignment. I am glad she was successful at it! :goodvibes I liked the assignment because it was so much better to have students doing just one event from a trip instead of trying to write about an entire trip. It made their essays so much sharper and more exciting to read.

You know that was another time I said to Charles, "Happydog says there are good coffee drinks at the stand by Mission:Space and Test Track." :rotfl:

Thanks! Chelsea is a good kid! I have been lucky so far!

I wish I could take credit for your Cleos, but I don't own a pair. :goodvibes I may have to go look at them now, though.

Thank you! I am glad you are enjoying it! We just loved our stay at CBR!

Thank you! Yes, poor Chelsea had cried and cried the entire time we were looking for the camera.

Yes, it was quite clear I was sitting on the chair. Instead of asking for me to try and scoot over a little bit, they waited until we were all in the pool and shoved my chair over. It was on top of my shoes when I got back. I would have gladly moved it had they only asked. :sad2:

Welcome!!! Thanks for reading along!

8. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

I was asking about the Locker disco ball because they must have been late coming to Kansas.
    I kept looking but never found a display at our Target.
    Then all at once, it was there and they were gone!
    Except for one.
    I got it, for Chelsea. :goodvibes

9. Charleston Princess

Ahhh!!! You're the Bestest Fairy Godmother in the whole world!!! We love our Miss Anita Wigd!!! Thank you!!! :goodvibes

10. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

I'm sure they wondered what the squealing was back on aisle 18! :laughing: Package coming your way this weekend...

11. Charleston Princess

:lmao: I can promise you there will be squealing in Georgia, too, when it arrives!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :goodvibes

12. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Oooooh! How fun! :dance3:
    Are you going to tell her, or just let her open the surprise package when it arrives?

13. 999ghostslover

999ghostslover DIS Veteran

Hi Jackie-
    I have been MIA from the boards all summer. Running after 3 little ones left time on the computer to just about pay bills (at least I hope I paid them all). I have missed all of the DIS people. Did you ever get to Huntsville for Star Wars? My husband and DD loved it. I stayed home with the boys. But now I am back. We booked our trip. I can't decide if I want to dust off the old PTR or just start a new one. Anyway, glad your trip was FABU! Love all of the pics. Watching your kids grow is amazing! Anyway, subbing now. :thumbsup2

14. jillyb

jillyb DIS Veteran

Jackie excuse me for getting OT here for a minute.

Erin: The title of your TR intrigued me so I'm subscribing!

15. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Silly me! I get you mixed up with Lesley all the time. You two are so similiar to me, sorry.

Really, those Cleos are so cute & comfy.

Hope school settles down soon for you. I can't believe that schools have started already, seems like the kids got out for summer vacation just the other day!

16. Charleston Princess

I haven't said anything yet...;)

Hi! Glad you are back on the boards! We have not made it to Huntsville yet. Of course, time is running out. Charles and I were talking about maybe going Labor Day weekend. It's the drive along a bunch of back roads that seems to be making me hesitant. I don't want to be lost somewhere in eastern Alabama! :laughing: Hurray for booking your trip! It's always so much fun to plan a Disney trip!

It is a very cool title! :thumbsup2

I will have to check those Cleos out! School is still a little crazy. I think part of it is that we have gone to 100 minute classes and I am covering twice the material I normally cover.

Summer vacation did seem to start just the other day! Time flies during those breaks!

17. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Speaking from experience, just leave the refrigerator full of food, and they'll be okay. :goodvibes

Maybe they can go on a camp-out, canoe trip, or something Conner likes to do the same time you girls go off. You could all come back and share your fun experiences!

You and Chelsea will truly have so much fun. Jill and I laugh until it hurts so often when we are together without the guys. We have the same touring style, too, so it's nice to be able to come and go as we want to without taking any of the guys' little 'quirks' into consideration. Girl trips are more relaxed and drama-free. :)

I am so excited about Chelsea getting her special package in the mail! :woohoo:

18. Charleston Princess

Good idea! Knowing my boys, they would be just as happy spending the weekend playing video games together. :laughing:

I am sure Chelsea and I would have a blast! It would be nice to have some one on one girl time with her!

Me too!!! I will have to make sure to take pictures!!!

19. Charleston Princess

July 19, 2010: Part Three

We had some time to kill before our Le Cellier reservation, so as we entered Epcot by way of the International Gateway, I made a couple of suggestions.

Me: We could go ride Soarin’.

Charles: Nah.

Me: We could go see Captain EO.

Charles: Nah, I don’t want to do that, either.

Grrrr. :headache::headache::headache: I was feeling a little cranky at this point.

Instead, we went to the United Kingdom to pick up my BIL’s England World Cup t-shirt. (I had texted my SIL the night before with World Cup t-shirt choices, and she had responded with a shopping list of shirts my BIL and nephew wanted. After all, at the prices they had been knocked down to, it was hard to resist for anyone who loves soccer as much as our family does.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We just wandered around for a little bit after that -- looking in shops and browsing the carts that line the walkway from the United Kingdom to Canada. Soon, it was time to check in for one of our most anticipated meals.

[​IMG]

We had never eaten there before, and we hadn’t even wandered down the path that led to it. It was an entirely new experience for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We sat and waited for our table to be ready. We didn’t mind too much since it was nice and cool inside Le Cellier.

I amused myself by taking a couple of pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suddenly, one of the Cast Members was asking, “Is there a Chelsea here?”

Chelsea hesitantly admitted that her name was Chelsea.

He held the phone out to her and said, “You have a phone call.”

Chelsea was so confused, but her face quickly broke into a grin when she realized she was getting a birthday phone call from Goofy!!!

[​IMG]

Afterwards, she told me, “He even said my name. He said, ‘Hi, Chelsea! I hear it’s your birthday!’ and then, he sang to me!”

What an adorable moment of Disney magic! Charles even got a kick out of it!

Soon, we were called to our table.

Love the chandeliers!

[​IMG]

It was a lovely meal! Chelsea ordered the Raspberry Pomegranate Lemonade, and I think the rest of us ordered soft drinks of some sort.

[​IMG]

Needless to say, we all ordered the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup to enjoy with all the yummy breadsticks. The pretzel bread was by far my favorite.

[​IMG]

For our entrees, Charles ordered the prime rib (based on Happydog’s DH’s recommendation), Chelsea ordered the filet mignon without mushrooms and with the cream cheese mashed potatoes, Connor ordered the chicken with mashed potatoes, and I ordered the salmon.

The kids goofed around while we waited on our food.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, that is my daughter examining her make-up in a piece of silverware.

[​IMG]

Everybody really enjoyed their food, but I was very perplexed by the sides served with the salmon. They resembled modern art installations more than actual food. I think they were meant to be egg roll type things, but they looked strange and tasted even stranger. I neglected to take pictures of our entrees, but I did find a picture on the internet to show you what the salmon looked like.

[​IMG]

For dessert, the boys split the mousse, and Chelsea and I split the maple crème brulee. The Crème Brulee came out on a decorated plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chelsea insisted on scraping off the chocolate.

Stuffed to the gills, we rolled ourselves out of Le Cellier. It was time to save the world with Kim Possible.

On our way to the rendezvous point, I had to grab a couple of quick pictures of France and Morocco. Ah, Morocco, how I love you!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UP NEXT: Shopping, Saving the World, and Someone Gets a Little Cranky (and it's not Charles)!

20. Disneymoon09

Disneymoon09 DIS Veteran

DROOL! Le cellier is amazing! Very cool about Goofys phone call, we got a couple from minnie and mickey on our honeymoon. I love that you were able to explore the countries a little, thats def. on our list for next time!

21. MRYPPNS

MRYPPNS Practically Prefect in Every Way

So cool about the birthday phone call....I didn't even know they did that! Chelsea ordered her meal just like I would have! Yum!