Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Charleston Princess, Jul 24, 2010.

1. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE DIS Veteran

Yay for your room being ready! :woohoo: CBR looks so nice! I might need to add it to my list of possible future resorts! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. btallennc3

btallennc3 Mouseketeer

Here just found you can't wait to hear about the parks we are going in Sept. for a few days :wizard:

4. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a beautiful location!!

Can't wait to hear about the waiters! :rolleyes1

5. Happydog

Happydog DIS Veteran

You slid that update in yesterday and I missed it! Well just read now, and gee, it looks like someone reserved the whole resort! I didn't see a soul in those photos! It was like you were by yourself! I often notice that at Disney resorts .. you can feel really alone, or really "squished!" :crowded: Nice pictures that Chelsea took! Oh that was too funny about the waiters... Well that is one way to get a teenage girl to cooperate!!! :laughing: The grounds at CBR are so pretty!

6. floridascgirl

floridascgirl DIS Veteran

Jackie, You have one fast-moving TR. I can't miss a day or I'm pages behind. :surfweb: Just out of curiosity, did you get any photos of your room interior at CBR? I'd love to see one if you did.

7. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Thanks! It was very beautiful and relaxing!

Hurray!!!! That is so awesome!!! I hope it stays for a very long time!

Thanks! Chelsea and Connor used to get along wonderfully until Chelsea started middle school, and now they aren't quite as close as they used to be. They still get along pretty well, but there are definitely some dicey moments from time to time.

LOL! Well, I kept the Tutto reservation just in case we didn't make it down there in time -- I never thought we wouldn't go because Charles decided to nap instead.

All of us really like it there. However, I am ready to try another new resort for the next trip.

I felt like I was lost in a maze!

Maybe...;)

Thanks! I love how happy they look!

LOL! That would explain the corner room and great location!

Without a doubt!

We just booked standard -- I couldn't justify the preferred location because it would have ended up being the same price as a room at the AKL. I knew we would have our car if we ended up being stuck in the boonies.

I was very glad that our room was ready. I was surprised to since he had been so stubborn about wanting to go.

Be very excited! LOL!

Thank you! I love that picture on the bridge -- it may be my favorite picture of the two of them from the trip.

Italian waiters are always a plus! ;)

Hi, Jennifer!!! Sadly, there are no pictures of the cute waiters -- you will just have to take our word for it. :laughing:

8. Charleston Princess

I may have turned red a few times myself. LOL!

I guess cuteness trumps ginger chocolate cake any day of the week. :laughing:

Thanks! It is lovely there! So quiet and peaceful!

Thank you! We really enjoyed our stay there!

It was a beautiful resort! All of us have now stayed at all four moderates.

I was looking through our pictures, and believe it or not, I did not get any pictures of the room. Somehow in all the excitement I just plain forgot.

Can you believe it? I was very glad I kept our Tutto reservation since that's where I really wanted to eat anyway.

If I could just make Charles understand that.

It was so neat to run into you!!! I have to confess I felt like quite the celebrity. LOL!

I usually have a great sense of direction, but it deserted me when it was time to find the room.

I wish my children got along in the real world as well as they do at Disney.

I don't remember if Charles actually napped or not. He may have just relaxed in the air conditioning.

Exactly! Charles was willing to pull out the big guns to get a few more minutes of rest! LOL!

Too funny! Yes, my kids are always chasing the birds at Disney! Poor things!

It is amazing how quickly time flies!

Sadly, no pictures. I don't know what we were thinking!

We really had a gorgeous spot for our room!

Especially if you knew what Charles is normally like where Chelsea and boys are concerned. :rotfl:

It was very neat!

Yes, you should definitely try out Tutto! I want to try the new Italian place when it opens to see how the wait staff compares. :lmao:

You are so right! It was perfect!

9. Charleston Princess

The birds were really pretty there! We enjoyed seeing them every time we wandered over to Old Port Royal.

Welcome to the DIS! I am glad you are enjoying my TR!

They have a great gift shop, and I really liked the variety of choices in the food court.

You know I couldn't help but think of the Doorknob when I started this update. LOL!

CBR is a great place to stay -- especially if you have a car because it is super quick to get to Epcot and DHS -- they are literally right around the corner from the resort.

Alice in Wonderland always seems to have quotes I can identify with! LOL!

Oh, they were very pleased with themselves.

I was anxious to try it out, too! It was a wonderful pool!

I just may have to do that! I haven't ordered any prints yet.

He loves staging photos. LOL!

Can't wait to tell you about it! It was one of the many highlights of the trip!

Thank you! It was so pretty there!

They will love it there!

I remember that feeling while I was doing my Masters.

Poor Hannah and Emily! :goodvibes

Hi, Kelli! Thanks for coming over! I was up at 4:30, but it still took two hours to get everything done and us out the door. I can't seem to win!

For most of us, anyway. There may have been a few cranky moments on the trip for some of the travelers. ;)

Knowing Connor that is a distinct possibility!

Cute waiters aren't just for teenagers... :rolleyes1 :blush:

I know -- it's downright tragic. LOL!

Oh, I was fine with skipping Teppan -- I wanted Tutto all along.

Thanks for reading it! :goodvibes

10. Charleston Princess

Well, this 35-year-old quite enjoyed them, too!

Yes, it is amazing! I wish it happened more often!

I eat there now for that very reason -- oh, and I really like the food, too! LOL!

:rolleyes1

He is so stubborn.

I did smell it! It was lovely!

Yes, yes, you do! :thumbsup2

Very happy!

Our first meal was fabulous!

So, are you doing the Backstage Safari with your DS? That would be so neat!

:thumbsup2

Both bus stops seemed forever away -- we ended up driving almost everywhere anyway -- being close to the bridge was perfect!

:lmao:

Thank you! Sadly, no pics of the waiters. :sad2:

I felt like we were never going to arrive. :rotfl:

Chelsea was documenting EVERYTHING! LOL!

It has happened to me a lot!

Two thumbs up on the room location!!!

One of the many reasons I love Disney!

Speaking of acting like a teenager, wait until you see a picture from Animal Kingdom later in the week. LOL!

So sad about the waiter. :sad2:

I haven't even seen any CDs on eBay. They must have sold out quickly to all the fans!

11. Charleston Princess

You would love staying there!

I told my two to enjoy it while they could. LOL!

Since we drove to most of the parks, it wasn't much of an issue.

:lmao: That Tessa is too much! :goodvibes

I bet it was a hike to the bridge!

Hi, Jess! Yes, Charles is always hiding from the camera.

You and me both!

Never an uneventful ride for us!

Yes, just like a maze trying to find our room!

Hi, Keala!!! You were so right about CBR being wonderful!

:welcome: Glad to have you here!

You should definitely add it to your list! It was a lovely place to stay!

:welcome: Are you doing Free Dining?

We had a great location!

Ah, the waiters...how I miss them! :rotfl:

The only part of the resort that ever felt really busy was the main pool area, and even that wasn't too bad. It was nice to escape from the crowds at the park and enjoy the peace at the resort!

Exactly! Charles knew what it would take to make Chelsea happy with the decision. LOL!

I didn't -- I guess in all the excitement of the arrival, I completely forgot. There are some pictures taken in the room during the week, but I don't know if it gives a good sense of the room.

12. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I had offered up the Segway tour to him. He is not as big of an animal lover as my DD is. He does not really want to spend 3 hours of park time on the segway tour and that price tag for both of us is steep. We are going to stop by Innoventions early in the trip for the free demo and if he likes it and wants more there is a 1 hour I believe. :thumbsup2

I have done the Segway at work. We have a nature preserve in our County park and rec. and we were guinea pigs when they started offering segway tours for the public. I think My DS would like it, but he was a bit bicycle phobic so I am sure the thought of it makes him nervous but I am sure he will have fun.

13. btallennc3

btallennc3 Mouseketeer

You should definitely add it to your list! It was a lovely place to stay!

:welcome: Are you doing Free Dining?

Yeap we got the free tickets for volunteering and doing the free dinning we are staying at pop Because we just wanted to do counter service (it is the first time hubby and I are goin alone we usely go with my parents) so we are staying at pop. Wanted to stay at ak but you have to do delux dinning.

14. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

When in Sept?? I am there from the 4th - 11th.

15. Charleston Princess

I think a Segway tour would be a ton of fun!!! I hope you can talk DS into it! He does get a really cool pin! ;)

Pop is such a fun place to stay!!! :goodvibes

16. Charleston Princess

July 18, 2010: Part Three

We decided to drive to the Beach Club and use the back entrance of Epcot. We simply told the guard we were going to eat at Beaches and Cream. Connor was so funny because it really bothered him that we had not told the truth. He said it made him feel dirty.

Since it was so hot outside, I thought it was a brilliant idea to walk through the Beach Club to the very last entrance by Epcot. Take it from me, that is not a good idea. We should have gone right through the lobby to the back doors. Instead, we wandered the very long hallways that twisted and turned before reaching the quiet pool and exiting out onto the walkway.

I have to say, I love that private entrance of Christine’s and Anita’s! So convenient to World Showcase!

[​IMG]

As soon as we reached bag check, it started raining. We dashed to England and the shops -- Charles was on a mission to find World Cup soccer t-shirts. He also wanted to see what England had in the way of Chelsea soccer team shirts (his favorite team). He didn’t see anything that grabbed him in England, so we decided to head towards Germany and the African Outpost (Anita had told us there was a large selection of shirts at both those places).

The rain had stopped while we were in England, but as soon as we hit the bridge to France, the heavens just opened up! We were soaked by the time we reached France and opted to wait out the rainstorm under the umbrellas where there are normally parasols and silhouette cutters (they had packed up and retreated indoors).

While we waited and watched the rain, Charles happened to glance over and see the Grey Goose stand. He turned to me and said, “I am getting a drink while we are waiting. Do you want one?”

As if he needed to ask!

He came back with Grand Marnier ones -- when I mentioned that he hadn’t come back with Grey Goose slushies, he said he told the woman the right ones, but she must have misunderstood him -- I wasn’t complaining, though -- it was a drink, and it was yummy!

While we enjoyed our drinks, I took some pictures.

The time:
    [​IMG]

My drowned rats:
    [​IMG]

Watching the storm pass is much easier with a drink in hand:
    [​IMG]

The rain ended quickly (as I suspected it would), and we continued our trek to Germany.

The village looked very idyllic.
    [​IMG]

But what’s this??? A horrible train wreck!!!
    [​IMG]

Chelsea snapped a couple of photos in Germany. There are lots of shots of the back of my head on this trip.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charles browsed through the Germany shops, but nothing jumped out at him, so we headed to Africa where my picky, indecisive husband decided to think about what shirts he wanted.

Out of nowhere came a shamin, “It is time to find your true self,” he said to me in a Rafiki-like voice!
    [​IMG]

Finally, it was time to head to Tutto Italia for dinner which wasn’t a moment too soon since it started to rain again as soon as we stepped inside.

The foyer was crazy busy with all sorts of people checking in for their reservations, and lots trying to secure last minute seatings to escape the rain. We managed to nab a couple of seats while we waited.

Love this light fixture! I think I took a picture of it back in October, too.
    [​IMG]

Notice Chelsea’s birthday button is way down low on her shirt -- I had told her to put it up higher, but she refused to listen to me. It will play an important role later on.
    [​IMG]

Connor was happy to just sit and wait.
    [​IMG]

Finally, through all the chaos and the noise, I heard the maitre ‘d call out, “Jacqueline? Jacqueline, are you here?” (He pronounced it with such a lovely Italian accent.)

I jumped up and exclaimed, “Yes, yes, I am!”

It was time to be seated!!! Hurray!

17. Charleston Princess

July 18, 2010: Part Four

We were seated in the main dining room and thankfully, had a young waiter that made Chelsea giggle and smile with delight.

While we were browsing through the menu, I kept telling Chelsea to move her birthday button up to the top of her shirt, but she continued to refuse to listen to me. I finally gave up.

Choices! Choices!
    [​IMG]

The kids ordered Limonata, I ordered a Bellini, and Charles ordered a glass of red wine of some sort. My Bellini was lovely!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charles also ordered the Ceasar salad as an appetizer, and the kids enjoyed munching on the various breads and olives.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we were waiting on our drinks to arrive, we saw a group of Italian waiters singing “Happy Birthday” to another diner. Chelsea’s jaw dropped, her eyes widened, and in an awestruck voice she said, “Do I get that???”

I nonchalantly replied, “If they know it is your birthday…”

Notice anything different in this picture? ;)
    [​IMG]

For our entrees, Chelsea ordered the ravioli, Connor ordered the spaghetti and meatballs, and Charles and I ordered the cannelloni again. Very tasty!

For dessert, Chelsea ordered the lemon cheesecake, and the boys ordered chocolate gelato. I figured I would graze off everyone’s choices.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chelsea was beginning to pout a little bit and worry that she wasn’t going to be serenaded, but her fears were groundless. Soon, she was surrounded by a gaggle of Italian men singing to her and bearing some sort of chocolate mousse dessert. She was in absolute heaven! Look at that smile!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After dinner we browsed through the Italian shops, and Chelsea and I bought some Italian chocolates. They were quickly gone that night -- so delicious! The kids asked if we could go browse through the Japanese gift shop, and then, head back to the resort to go swimming. They really wanted to try out that pool, and it sounded like a fine idea to me.

Some random shots while we strolled:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chelsea found an eyeglass case in Japan that she really liked, so we went ahead and bought it.

The Boardwalk is so pretty at night!
    [​IMG]

This time when we went back through the Beach Club, we went straight to the lobby.

Back at the resort, we changed and headed over the bridge to the pool -- the kids loved it especially the slide. Although I must confess that Chelsea was not pleased when an eleven-year-old boy “hit” on her. He would appear several times during our trips to the pool.

All in all, it had been a great day! Tomorrow would be another day at Epcot!

Souvenirs:
    I decided with this trip report, I would show the souvenirs we bought each day at the end of that particular day.

There wasn’t much that first night -- the Italian chocolates which disappeared long before I thought of taking their picture, and Chelsea’s eyeglass case. I love the colors!

[​IMG]

18. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

Italian boys singing and chocolate cake...sounds like Chelsea's version of a Grey Goose slushie.

19. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

What a fantastic update!! :yay: So glad you enjoyed the private entrance. Not a soul in your picture... can't beat that. But ssshhhh.... we don't want too many people to know about it. ;)

I am just tickled that the primary driver of your agenda before dinner is Charles' shopping needs. :lmao: Try as he might to convince me otherwise, I am calling him out as a Disney lover.

Yikes, look at all that rain. I can see the puddles on the ground and of course your "drowned rats." Who still look adorable, by the way. Hurrah to Charles for the cocktail suggestion! :thumbsup2 I am wondering where the "proper" slushie glasses are, though? I think they are usually plastic martini glasses?

:lmao: over the b-day button movement. You didn't raise no dummy! ;) In fact, I may have to get a b-day button myself... :rolleyes1 The cannelloni is definitely on my list for next visit and now also the chocolates.

Also adding an eyeglasses case to my souvenir wish list. Very cute.

PS- your pictures look normal to me. :confused3

20. purplepeg

purplepeg DIS Veteran

Great updates! Love the look of CBR. Too bad about the rain, you feel so much more cold when you hit the A/C. Dinner and desserts look good. Great idea about souvenir pics!

21. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

I'm glad Chelsea moved her birthday button.
    Serenaded by the waiters and a chocolate dessert = the perfect evening in Epcot!
    Chelsea's case for her eyeglasses is so cute.