1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Charleston Princess, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Dancegrl624

Dancegrl624 DIS Veteran

9 stops! That seems like quite a lot. We just drove from Buffalo to Annapolis last week (7.5 hour trip) and only stopped twice! Once for gas and once to pull over and eat lunch. Growing up, my parents never wanted to stop while on a car trip. My sisters and I would have to beg them to stop so we could use the bathroom!!! :laughing: Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Thanks! We had lots of fun once we found our room and dragged all of our stuff to it.

She was killing us with her comments about not hearing. We started ignoring her after awhile!

He never travels without it. LOL!

It is nice being close enough to drive to Disney.

It's the type of chicken that it is. Google pictures of Polish chickens and you will see the similarities. :laughing:

When Connor started doing it, it made me think of you and your Disney dances. LOL!

It always makes me a little teary-eyed.

Lots more of them coming up!

Thanks!

La, la, la -- I don't want to know. ;)

Charles -- he can't help himself. LOL!

:rolleyes1

Have a great time! I'll try not to update too, too much!

LOL!

It's lovely! You just needed to toss some sprinkles on the top. :laughing:

I like that it is smaller than ours.

We kept telling Chelsea just to move up if she wanted to be able to hear.

Nope, not mine at all. LOL!

I know -- I am telling you, certain aspects of this trip were like we were in some sort of Bizarro World.

Oh, yes, please!!! :worship:

Ah, thanks!!! Yes, this past year of trip planning was a bit suspenseful!

Thanks! Yes, Chelsea was in love with her new toy.

Yep, that was pretty much us -- I felt like Charles didn't see an exit he didn't like. LOL!

It perfectly captured how we were all feeling!

We loved CBR! It is really in a great location and so pretty!

Sadly, we did that, but then Charles would finish his drink and want another one. :sad2:

Me too!!! If I wasn't so busy trying to get inside, I would have been dancing in the streets, too! LOL!

Especially when they keep telling us we should have listened to them. :rolleyes:

4. buzz for boys

buzz for boys <font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S

Yay you have arrived !!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I think you deserve a medal for driving for 8 hours especially if hubby insisted on staying awake :lmao:

Cant wait for more . . .

5. Charleston Princess

Charles.

It was all his fault.

:lmao:

Charles is definitely our potty queen! LOL!

It was great having a second person taking pictures.

I did pretty good keeping my irritation in check. I could still see that we were doing okay on time.

Yes, I agree!

Connor was so happy to finally be there and out of the car!

It was great knowing someone else was documenting the trip, so I didn't have to pull out my camera.

I actually had the breakfast burrito for the first time on this trip. I was so surprised about the coffee drinks -- we normally do the Starbucks thing, and I never would have imagined that McDonald's could make a good one. This could turn out dangerous for me. LOL!

She was killing us! I can only repeat myself so many times before I lose all patience.

I kept asking him if it was his naptime yet. LOL!

It does balance out, and we still made it in eight hours.

I personally don't want to fly to Orlando. I like being able to pack water, drinks, and snacks for the room, and not have to worry about leaving room in the suitcases for souvenirs.

It was Bizarro World at times! Just wait until some other moments in the trip. LOL!

Charles kept telling me the journey was part of the fun and not to worry about all the stops. :thumbsup2 CBR was absolutely gorgeous! Just wait until you see some of the other pictures.

Welcome! We normally go the first full week of June, but this year opted for July since Chelsea was turning thirteen. I will tell you that I vowed several times to NEVER travel in July again, but we did manage to make the best of the heat and the crowds. Really, if it meant going in July or not at all, I would do July again.

:lmao: Exactly! I like having the space to pack whatever we want.

She had lots of fun taking pictures on this trip!

Connor hasn't lost his sense of fun, yet! I tried to get Chelsea to dance, too, but she was too cool for that. :rolleyes:

I agree! Finally being there is such a wonderful feeling!

6. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

I still in a bit of awe over the 9 stops. :eek: I don't think we made 9 stops the year we drove down from Connecticut and that takes about 24 hours if you were to drive straight. I guess my family is a bit commando when it comes to the drive to Florida. ;)

I love Connors happy dance. I always feel like doing one of those when I get to Disney too. :goodvibes

7. Charleston Princess

Thanks, Katie! It seemed like everytime we accelerated on the highway, and I got a good cruising speed, we were stopping.

I know, right? :lmao:

Yum! That sounds very good!

There was definitely a sense of excitement and relief that we had finally arrived.

Too funny! I will have to tell Connor he has a twin out there somewhere. :laughing:

We really did make good time -- many of those stops were very quick ones.

Chelsea was driving us nuts from the back seat! :sad2:

We were so happy to finally be there! I practically skipped into the Customs House.

Wow! I would love to make a trip with only two stops!!! :worship:

Thanks! It was so exciting to finally be there!

Oh, I like to be the driver. I have a hard time sitting still in the car, so driving gives me something to do.

8. Charleston Princess

I can only wish my family would let me be commando on the drive down. :laughing:

I felt like doing a happy dance, too, by the time we were finally out of that car! :lmao:

9. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

Maybe they were afraid of blisters? :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Oh, wait. That's me!! ;) So did your Tevas work well in the parks? I'm still nervous about wearing mine.

10. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Ok... with all your :rolleyes1 now I really am dying to hear what you should have listened to the kids about and what Chelsea thought of the resort! You sure know how to build suspense! :lmao:

On the driving, I'm with you. Would much rather be "in control" behind the wheel. :thumbsup2 Next time slip some benadryl in Charles' gas station cold drink and you'll cut the stops in half! :upsidedow

8 hours and $150 in gas... if I were you I think I'd drive too. No matter how interminable the hours seem to be. And I don't even want to think about the drive home. :rolleyes:

11. Charleston Princess

You are too funny, LL! :laughing: Um, I wasn't crazy about wearing my flip flops in the park because Chelsea was always stepping on the back of them. It drove me nuts. Also, I don't think flip flops gave me the support I needed for my ankles. However, that's just me -- Charles sang praises about wearing his flip flops the whole time.

I may have built up too much suspense. ;)

Good idea! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

We won't even discuss the drive home yet. :scared1:

12. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

Oh no, I didn't even think of people stepping on the back of them. :scared1: Now I have a new fear. :rotfl2:

13. Charleston Princess

Well, no one except my own flesh and blood did it to me if that makes you feel any better :laughing:, and remember it won't be nearly as crowded down there when you go.

14. Lynn5700

Lynn5700 <font color=darkorchid>WOO HOO I will be there<br>

Oh boy. I cannot wait to see what your next update is all about, lol! How did you like CB? We stayed there years ago and liked it.

15. Charleston Princess

We loved CBR! It was so pretty and very relaxing!

16. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

One of these trips we'll have to meet up and Connor and I can do some crazy dances LOL!! He's a great kid!!

LOL...so the kids aren't letting you live down something...hmmm this is going to make for an interesting update!! I can't wait!!! :rolleyes1 (This means you should update soon LOL)!!

Teva Mushies...oh how I love thee...the greatest pair of flip flops Leslie ever introduced me too. I will be breaking in a new pair for my next trip...as long as the weather cooperates in January!:laughing:

17. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

that was what I was thinking too....

so I am caught up...I got a bit freaked when I saw Heidi type in update on 56 I thought that was page :lmao: ok so it wasn't that far...

love all the Birthday fun and excitment...Bekah is back to her old ways of sleeping in since home from camp after complaining how will I wake up w/ out seeing the sunrise ;) I keep reminding everyone (and myself :rolleyes:) less than a month people and you'll be a tschool at 8 am...not waking up...

Great job on the cake..yes the double layer is a tricky feat! looks like she ahd a great day...good call on the gift :thumbsup2

OMG...9 stops...you must all like getting out of the car...:rotfl: but you made it. love crossing under that sign too...

I'd be doing a happy DANCE :banana: to w/ Connor

can't wait for more

18. moparop

moparop DIS Veteran

looks like Chelsea had a wonderful birthday. I have to say that I am a fan of sprinkles too so that cake looks great to me!I love Connor's little chicken! How thoughtful that grandma does a little something for the non birthday kid! I love that Chelsea taped her birthday song too!

we stayed at CBR on our last trip. I am curious to read about your impressions!

19. pooh'smate

pooh'smate <font color=royalblue>My ticker is actually a day

I love all of Chelsea's pictures she did a good job documenting your drive down. I love Connor's dance. I will feel like dancing too when I get off the ME bus at POP (in exactly 4 months). I forgot to add last time that I too adore Connor's little polish chicken so cute. Your mom is so thoughtful.:goodvibes

20. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I know I looked too and did not find a MSEP CD. Anita what do you have that we proabably all want? :laughing: :worship:

I will get to look again in Sept and Oct

21. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

I missed that. Wigd has it?
    I looked and never saw a MSEP CD.

Part of it is on one of my other Disney CD's, though.