1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sdlong329, Apr 15, 2012.

1. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

Thanks for confirming this. We had him as our server in October 2009 and his assistant server at the time was about as much use as a chocolate tea pot and kept disappearing. Edward made more than up for this and was essentially doing both jobs. We then met him again on our two cruises in 2010, but even though we had requested him for the second, we never had him as our server again. We still saw him around the ship a lot though and he always made sure to say "hi". He is actually from our home town.

Corinna

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

This is good to hear! :thumbsup2

4. Jahanobik

Jahanobik Earning My Ears

Just got off the Fantasy yesterday and had Zsolt Szep and absolutely LOVED him as a person and a server. Is there anyway I can keep in touch with him? Does he check his facebook?

5. Cathy718

Cathy718 Powered by Pixie Dust!

Has anyone heard what happened to Daniel and why he left so suddenly? He was our server in May and he was amazing!

6. Laurie12820

Laurie12820 Wishing Upon a Star for another Disney Cruise!

Just returned from the Magic. We loved our serving team of Ana from Serbia and Richard from the Philippines. They were great!

7. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

If it's the same Ana I've had she is great:)

8. DesertGal

DesertGal Mouseketeer

We met Ana from Serbia on our Magic cruise last November. Even though she wasn't our assigned server, she always went out of her way to make sure our picky eaters had plenty of food and she also sat and visited with us on Castaway Cay for a long time. Such a great girl!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. TXDCLfan

TXDCLfan Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it rig

Does anyone know if Anne-Marie from Palo on the dream is now on the fantasy in Palo?

10. KatMike

KatMike Earning My Ears

Just came off a cruise last week (July 14 to July 21) on the Fantasy. We had Jaime Matrins as Head server and Edward and Joseph as our Server and Assistant Server respectively. They were excellent! Joseph especially. He kept the kids entertained with his magic tricks.

11. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

I heard Max is headed to the Dream later this month and Tina moved to the Wonder, both cruise staff

12. mickeyluv

mickeyluv DIS Veteran

I am so sorry that I am just now responding...I just saw your post! I really appreciate your post and am saddened by the fact that we will most likely not see Ponz on the Magic in August :( . I think we are going to miss seeing several of the CM's that we have been blessed to get to know on prior cruises.

13. Cinderashlie

Cinderashlie Earning My Ears

We had Yadira (Yadi) from Dominican Republic as our main server and Ronaldo Gregore from the Phillipines as our assistant server on the Fantasy 7/7/2012-7/14/2012. Loved them!

14. ntheory

ntheory DIS Veteran

I know this was a while back, but does anyone know what happened with Melanie from the Magic (we were on there in November of 2009)? She was part of the entertainment staff and was very precious to my daughter.

15. dylan'smom

dylan'smom DIS Veteran

I had requested Daniel for our Fantasy July 7th and was told at a check with dining team that day that he was assigned to us!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So excited until we got to dinner that night & found out he had a family emergency & had to leave suddenly the week prior. I didn't get too many details but they just said he was scheduled to be back then, by the first day of our cruise, but wasn't able to confirm with them about a return.

Sadly, we had the worst servers we have had in 17 cruises, but DCL did try to honor our request as best they could, and I hope Daniel is okay - there was probably some big scrambling at the last minute because we had a pretty poor assistant server who had to be frequently helped by a floating helper the whole time, with our server catching most of her goofs as well...like giving us the wrong menus & drinks & stuff....oh well.

:cool1:

16. bmer1rick

bmer1rick DIS Veteran

Believe it or not, she is now a Concierge host on the Dream. We love her too... She was going through her final training week on our Jul 13-18 cruise and will be taking over for Jenny.

We had her as our server in Palo on our first Dream cruise in Feb 11. When we returned in Jul 11 she was the Host at Palo. She just keeps moving up, we were joking with her that on the next cruise she will be the CD..

17. glindamood

glindamood DIS Veteran

I read someone's TR and they had him as their server on one of the cruises that left NYC so earlier this summer, he was still on the Magic. We had him last October - I can still hear him say 'Mama Mia' - he was so good.

18. Laurie12820

Laurie12820 Wishing Upon a Star for another Disney Cruise!

Here she is with Richard and DD:
    [​IMG]

She was a love, as was Richard. Ana would always stop and talk to us up on deck when she saw us.

19. discoverydepot

discoverydepot Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if Neville is on the Dream still? Assistant server
    Thanks

20. artie_h

artie_h Earning My Ears

Is Zan on the Fantasy? He was our Head Server on the WBTA two years ago and he's great.

Also, looking for Anil from India. He was our Assistant Server on our first cruise many years ago. The last I heard he was a head server on the Fantasy.

21. malice

malice i heart plunging V-necks

Traveled on the Fantasy last week and here are some names that I can recall:

Dining Room
    Lubo (Head Server)
    Mariann from Hungary :thumbsup2
    Israel from Chile (My group was pretty much :love: with him)
    Jordan from India
    Vladimir from Croatia
    Isaac from Kenya
    Melody from Phillipines

Remy
    Adrien from France
    David

Palo
    Peter

Stateroom
    Ike from Indonesia :thumbsup2

Entertainment
    Stephanie from California (The Bingo Diva)
    Tina from Michigan
    Randi from Toronto
    Robert from USA
    Luke from UK