Where in Walt Disney World

tinkerbell716

Earning My Ears
:wave: Hello. Can someone please tell me where I can find Scrapbooking papers inside of Walt Disney World? Also do they have a big selection and how is the price. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

They sell the largest amount of Disney scrapbooking stuff inside the Contemporary resort. There is also stuff at each of the resort gift shops and in the scrapbooking store at Downtown Disney as well as the World of Disney. The papers are mostly related to the theme park attractions and I have found them generally not to be as appealing as Disney-licensed stuff you can buy at craft stores.

I agree with havencruiser - the scrapbook stuff you will find at WDW is not as appealing as the current material available in the LSS, online, or at Michaels. I bought an album while I was there, though! :goodvibes

Jeanne

I just bought some really nice Disney papers at A.C. Moore. They had a better selection than Michaels. I was planning on getting a Disney album in June at the scrapbooking store in DTD. I am disappointed to hear the selection of papers was not that good. Last visit to DTD I got a really neat Castle punch. I have not seen this punch anywhere else.

I think the general opinion is if you find something unique such as this castle punch, buy it. For regular paper, wait til you get home and find it at JoAnne's, Hobby Lobby or Michael's. There are alot of neat items on different websites. Check out Scrapyourtrip.com, mousememories.com and others listed on this site. :wizard:
Karen

I would agree. I was a little disappointed in the selection. However, I did find a few things that I have not seen anywhere else. The castle punch, Mickey eyelets, wax seals and castle charms. The paper they offer is not really my taste and it comes in sets--I thought there was alot I would never use.
Deb

I also was not overly thrilled with the paper and selection @ DTD.. I bought a package of it..and just haven't been able to utilize it. I did find some Mouse head eyelets and some awesome stamps I purchased for my scrapbooking...
I instead got some great papers on sale at Michael's, Jo Ann's and Scrapbook Xanadu (here in Indiana).
I didn't realize the Contemporary had anything..so I've already made note to go in there during our next trip... :Pinkbounc

So does the Contemporary sell different stuff then what they have at DTD and at other shops? I always make a point to check out the scrapbooking section of each shop I went into, and the selection varied but I don't recall any standouts. Is it worth a special trip to the Contemporary?

I am a serious shopper - I can't walk into AC Moore or Mike's without spending *at least* $20 - usually much more - so what does that say about the crappy selection at DTD that I can walk in and out without buying a single thing!?!

I don't think that there is a particularly wide selection and each place pretty much has the same stuff. Almost any LSS or chain craft store has a much greater selection than any of the Disney sites.

I have to agree with everyone- I was really disappointed with the selection at the shops at WDW. You would think with all the Disney stuff that's out, they would want to take advantage and offer a better selection. :confused3

PrincessNancy96- I visited Scrapbook Xanadu 2 for the first time a few weeks ago! Cute store, nice selection. I dropped about $50 there just on Disney stickers! :rolleyes1

[/QUOTE]PrincessNancy96- I visited Scrapbook Xanadu 2 for the first time a few weeks ago! Cute store, nice selection. I dropped about $50 there just on Disney stickers! :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

Did you get on their emailing list? They will give you the heads up on sales, classes, and such. They have moved their crop room downstairs. I love their disney section! The store is adorable. A few years ago the store was only in that area you find the disney section. So it has more than doubled it's size!

PrincessNancy96 said:
I also was not overly thrilled with the paper and selection @ DTD.. I bought a package of it..and just haven't been able to utilize it. I did find some Mouse head eyelets and some awesome stamps I purchased for my scrapbooking...
I instead got some great papers on sale at Michael's, Jo Ann's and Scrapbook Xanadu (here in Indiana).
I didn't realize the Contemporary had anything..so I've already made note to go in there during our next trip... :Pinkbounc

Hello, I just noticed your name is Nancy, the same as mine. I also noticed your next trip will be July 2007, we will return that same month. I just thought this was neat!!! I am sure there are a bunch of Nancy's going July 2007, but I think you and I are special guest!!!

tinkerbell716 said:
I went to Michaels craft store and believe it or not all they had was 3 Disney sheets to choose from. :furious:

If you have a Joann's Superstore (I think that's what they call their large stores) nearby, they usually have a good selection.

PrincessNancy96- Yes, I did get on their email list. I live about 2 hours north of Indy, so unfortunately I won't be able to attend their crops/classes. A scrap buddy of mine had discovered the store and that's how I found out about it. There's not many choices for supplies in my area, so if I want a great selection, I either have to drive north to Ft. Wayne or south to Indy and make a "shopping day" of it!

In my honest opinion, most everything at Disney can be bought at a Scrapbooking store, including the Castle punch, which you can buy at Addicted to Scrapbooking. I was also disappointed with the selection at Disney. It would seem that they would have exclusive things to buy, but that is not the case. I did buy a Tinkerbell album there once though because I thought it was so darn cute!! :)

mickeyholic said:
Hello, I just noticed your name is Nancy, the same as mine. I also noticed your next trip will be July 2007, we will return that same month. I just thought this was neat!!! I am sure there are a bunch of Nancy's going July 2007, but I think you and I are special guest!!!

How neat!!! Are you all planning on staying at Port Orleans again? That is where we are leaning!!! I'm anxious to get back down there.. :banana:
BTW, very nice to meet you!!! :sunny:

kaddjr said:
If you have a Joann's Superstore (I think that's what they call their large stores) nearby, they usually have a good selection.

PrincessNancy96- Yes, I did get on their email list. I live about 2 hours north of Indy, so unfortunately I won't be able to attend their crops/classes. A scrap buddy of mine had discovered the store and that's how I found out about it. There's not many choices for supplies in my area, so if I want a great selection, I either have to drive north to Ft. Wayne or south to Indy and make a "shopping day" of it!

We are just west of the westside store.. So, if you ever need anything just let me know.. I'd be happy to get it to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter