Where have I been? Prices are obscene!

If there is someone out there ready to pay that amount, good for DCL. I am not that someone. If there is no one, the price will drop until someone grabs it.
And if no one grabs it, it will be available as a port upgrade at a big discount.

Woody

Funny, i looked yesterday... even the 3 & 4 nighters that we did several of last year for around 800 , fit schedule, are way up in price 1200 bucks for a 3 nighter in cat 11.....

We were looking at Christmas cruises. Thought they were crazy expensive.

We choose another line. We are sailing on a 10 night for the same price of a DCL 4 night.

Not insane at all. Evidently DCL realized there was a big demand for the suites so raise prices accordingly.

20k for a suite vs say 8k for a verandah room is no different than first class seats on an airplane. Do a search on first class airfare from NYC to London in the summer and it's about $4,500 a ticket while coach seats are about $900 per seat. There are about 30 first class seats and about 300 coach seats. Likewise on DCL, there are 10x as many non-suite rooms as there are suites.

Not insane at all. Evidently DCL realized there was a big demand for the suites so raise prices accordingly.

20k for a suite vs say 8k for a verandah room is no different than first class seats on an airplane. Do a search on first class airfare from NYC to London in the summer and it's about $4,500 a ticket while coach seats are about $900 per seat. There are about 30 first class seats and about 300 coach seats. Likewise on DCL, there are 10x as many non-suite rooms as there are suites.

But a suite on Royal is $9000.00 for 3 pass. on a 7 night Caribbean. A suite on Royal include the Lounge that includes free drinks and foods as well as other perks. The same % of suites to non suite rooms are about the same. First class on airlines are approx. the same price within a few bucks but the difference between these cruise lines are dramatic.:scared1:

But a suite on Royal is $9000.00 for 3 pass. on a 7 night Caribbean. A suite on Royal include the Lounge that includes free drinks and foods as well as other perks. The same % of suites to non suite rooms are about the same. First class on airlines are approx. the same price within a few bucks but the difference between these cruise lines are dramatic.:scared1:

I was comparing suites on DCL vs non suites on DCL. DCL offers a very unique cruising experience that no other line can offer. You can cruise on any cruise line but you can only take a Disney cruise on DCL.

Rogillio said:
I was comparing suites on DCL vs non suites on DCL. DCL offers a very unique cruising experience that no other line can offer. You can cruise on any cruise line but you can only take a Disney cruise on DCL.

I agree with you. While I think $20,000 is too much for a DCL suite, I certainly think $9,000 is too much on a Royal Caribbean suite.

I'm willing to pay more for the DCL experience because the other cruise lines do not appeal to me. :) :)

I have cruised both extensively and find the offerings similar IMO. Besides the entertainment where Disney is mostly Disney centric most everything from service to food is equal. I cruise in suites and that is my opinion. Yes Disney is Disney but for the cost IMO the difference does not justify at that level and time of sailing.

I agree DCL has a premium price tag! As does any disney deluxe resorts, I shop for specials and take it when I can afford it. I'm happy to pay $1400 total for the two veranda staterooms on the dream for a 3-night in January for 2 adults and two kids. Not bad about the same as the other lines, I won't pay the price they want. and seem to get for the peak times. But people do and they pay $500 plus for rooms as the deluxe resorts as well. Just not me !! I love disney and I think they make the world a better place and if people want it and can pay for it more power to them, If you build it they will come, if Disney builds it they come with lots of money!!!

I stated a one bedroom, how is that misleading? And yes, one bedroom cabins are concierge, so more expensive. I am comparing apples to apples and basing on my recent experiences. But, thank you for your advice.

You didn't state it was a concierge. Wouldn't that make it more expensive than other 1 bedroom cabins that are not concierge? Perhaps, much more so?

BTW, you're welcome. No charge for my free advice.

Mike

You didn't state it was a concierge. Wouldn't that make it more expensive than other 1 bedroom cabins that are not concierge? Perhaps, much more so?

Mike
All one bedrooms are concierge..

My bad! I didn't realize that. Are they really suites?

Mike

They differ depending on the ship.... Magic/Wonder or Dream/Fantasy. They are over 500 square feet, one or two bedrooms, a refrigerator, sink, dining room.

They differ depending on the ship.... Magic/Wonder or Dream/Fantasy. They are over 500 square feet, one or two bedrooms, a refrigerator, sink, dining room.

Wow! 500 sq is huge for a ship. I was thinking the OP was belly aching about the rate for the 200 - 300 sf cabins that I book on DCL. Thanks for clarifying that.

I wonder how much more expensive these 500 sf "one bedroom" cabins are vs. a 5-person verandah room?

Mike

I have cruised both extensively and find the offerings similar IMO. Besides the entertainment where Disney is mostly Disney centric most everything from service to food is equal. I cruise in suites and that is my opinion. Yes Disney is Disney but for the cost IMO the difference does not justify at that level and time of sailing.

Does not justify to you but if you want the Disney experience, there is only one Disney. If you want to see Tarzan and Belle and the Lion King you go to WDW...really doesn't matter what it costs to get in Universal or Busch Gardens.

MND said:

Mike

Why are you even "giving free advice" when you apparently don't know what you're giving advice about?

All one-bedrooms are concierge. And yes, they are one-bedrooms, with a separate living room. You cannot book a one-bedroom on DCL without paying the concierge upcharge. Some people save their money to sail only concierge (no, I'm not one of them) and that is their right without you judging them for it, much less posting information when you haven't done your research.

The change in concierge pricing has been drastic on the new ships without a significant change in service or itinerary, which is why people think it's worth posting about. If you can't be bothered to learn about a topic before posting in a thread as if you already have, just try reading the thread without posting and learn something instead. ;)

I check the pricing every so often and found a vgt that gave me a discount and child fair for the vgt about 40 days out. didn't work for four people so I had to book 2 they are next to each other on deck 10 4a's are what we got $700 per cabin for 2 . 3 day Dream, like everything you just have to be a little flexible and shop to find the deal, and the kids don't mind missing a day of school.LOL:cool1::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter