Where does Main Street Electric Parade start?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by CableKC, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CableKC

CableKC Mouseketeer

Does it start near FrontierLand or the Firehouse on Main Street?

Also...I'm trying to figure out where the best place to stake out to sit to see the parade so that we can leave to go visit other parts of the park once the Electric Parade passes. I'm thinking of finding a place over by Sleepy Hollow so that we can sneak off to FantasyLand once it finishes.

Thoughts or recommendations?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

that is exactly my plan.
    pulling a FP for Splash Mountain before the parade-- go grab our seats then
    wait patiently.

4. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

The new wrinkle to this is that they've added a NEW SHOW that takes place
    ON the facade if the Castle, starting about 15 minutes before Wishes.
    It's called "The Magic, the Memories, and You," and should not be missed!

A look at the Parade Route
    Disney's (MS) Electrical Parade and the 3 O'Clock Parade both start near the Firehouse and exit near Splash Mtn.
    MVMCP and MNSSHP Parades both start near Spalsh Mtn. and exit near the Firehouse.

Less crowded than on Main Street, but still spectacular viewing can be found near the Hall of Presidents,
    or deep into Frontierland, past the Country Bears.
    (But, you won't be able to see "The Magic, the Memories, and You" from there.)

[​IMG]

5. mkoerner

mkoerner DIS Veteran

The parade starts at the old firehouse and ends in Frontierland. We like viewing at the end when planning on staying in the park afterward. If we are leaving right away, then we watch from the very beginning. Either place have been easy to get good spots within half hour of the start.

6. Disney  Doll

Disney Doll DIS Security Matron

We stand right on front of the stockades in Liberty Square. The parade comes at you then turns infront of you to head on toward Splash Mountain, so you see it head on and then from the side.

Very good viewing.

You will not see the castle or anything that might be happening at it from this spot though.

7. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Where would you recommend standing to have a good view of the parade and then get to the show in front of the castle. We have never seen MSEP and are looking forward to it. I love Castle Shows!

8. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

When we were there the last week of June, the 3 O'Clock parade started by Splash Mountain and ended by the fire station.