Where do your feet get so wet?

kms67

Earning My Ears
I've been to WDW a few times as a kid in the 70's and we went on our honeymoon 15 years ago and I just can't remember wet feet being a big issue.:confused3

I keep reading about people bringing dry socks and/or shoes or picking the best shoes for keeping feet dry, so I just have to know......where are your feet getting so wet? On rides?

We're going end of March, so want to be prepared!

Thanks!

Kris

A rainy day is when I'm most likely to get wet feet, mostly from puddles and splashing. Other than that, it's just watery rides -- Kali River Rapids in AK and Splash Mt in MK. If you stay away from those, the water play areas and the squirting Tiki heads in MK, that should be it.

There are three main ways for feet to get soaked at WDW:

1) Wet attractions, such as Kali River Rapids, Splash Mountain, and the various fun fountains in the parks which kids play in.

2) Rain, rain, rain, rain.

3) Sweat.

Personally, I have never needed a change of shoes or socks at WDW. I have had my feet get wet a few times, but never bad enough to need a change of shoes; I simply pay atention to where I'm going and what I'm doing and avoid the worst water hazards.

YMMV.

I brought cheap flip flops for my son and I to shove in the backpack the day we went to Animal Kingdom. We took off our shoes and socks and put them in the backpack before getting in line. The water WHOOSHES into the boat thing - it is like a hurricane. We also rolled our pants up to our knees so they wouldn't get soaked, AND put on ponchos. When we got off, we gave our ponchos to two people. Hope they passed them on too.

Our honeymoon trip it rained (poured, actually) every afternoon. I hated having wet feet. On our trip in 2006 I kept dry socks in my fanny pack, but we didn't have any rain! (I also kept dollar tree disposable ponchos in there.) So I figure, go prepared and it won't rain! :)

Oh, when riding Kali rapids, I took my socks off and just wore my sneaks. I also kept my feet up off the floor of the raft, and they stayed quite dry. At Islands of Adventure, they have several really wet rides, so I wore my Crocs that day. It's less walking than at Animal Kingdom, though, and at AK, I want my good walking sneakers.

The only time I've ever got wet feet has been during rain. However, now that I wear Crocs, I don't have to worry about wet feet-bring on the rain, and Kali River Rapids!

For me, it's not just wet (rained on) feet, it's when my feet get hot and sweaty. It's nice to have a fresh pair of socks to change into - I sit on the grass, let my feet cool off a little, then put on a fresh pair of socks. It's similar to using a wet-wipe to refresh yourself - you instantly feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter