Where do you stay the night before?

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
What hotels do you recommend for the night before the cruise?

It's not the cheapest, but it's very convenient: Hyatt at the Orlando Airport. They collect your luggage from your room in the morning and gather for bus transfers in the lobby. It is the "no stress" place to stay! :)

Guess I should have said that we are actually driving. We live in Florida. So we could drive from the hotel to the port. What are parking fees like? I'm not against using some type of shuttle service, but we don't necessarily have to.

The Radisson, right near port, you can take their shuttle if you want. They havea great pool there too!

We liked the Hampton. It has beach access (about a 5 min. walk down a path), a nice continental breakfast (fruit,toast, bagels, cereal, donuts) and I believe you might be able to leave your car in their lot during the cruise. Since we never drive, I'm not totally sure, but I beleive that is part of their cruise package. It was $89 last year.

You could arrange for a taxi to take you to the port which for the 3 of us was $15. They have a shuttle you can arrange for, but it will not start picking up until 12.

If we don't go to WDW prior to cruise (using DVC points), we usually use our Starwood points to stay near the airport at a place like Sheraton Suites.

We stayed at the radisson and left our car in their parking lot. We didn't take the shuttle to the port, took a taxi (cause I had to be their WAY early!), and then when we got back from the cuise, we took the radisson shuttle back to the hotel. The shuttles back were very nice, as soon as one drove up, the other drove back to the hotel, so there was no waiting in line. In fact the day we got back was really cold and windy, and it was really nice to have the shuttle to sit in. I think we were packed and ready to go by 9:00 a.m., if not earlier. It was a very quick and easy disembarkment.
When we go back in January, I plan on staying at the Radisson again.

:goodvibes Hi, we have stayed at Best Western, and Comfort Inn & Suites. They are not 5 star hotels, but suited us quite fine. THe have free parking, and shuttle for cruise passengers.

How was the Comfort inn & Suites? We're staying there the night before our cruise next month. Cathie & The Gang pirate: :grouphug:

cathie said:
How was the Comfort inn & Suites? We're staying there the night before our cruise next month. Cathie & The Gang pirate: :grouphug:

Hi. :wave:

Comfort Inn & Suites was great for us. We had a party of 11, and had 2 connecting rooms, and then 2 suites. Keeping in mind this was last September (hurricane, hurricane, hurricane), there was some minor damaging due to these wonderful hurricanes, but we were happy there for 2 days. Well within walking distance(across the street) is a wynn dixie, and liquor store, souvenir shop/beach shop, as well as several restaurants. We found this quite convenient without a car. We did not wait for the free shuttle (Obsessive about getting to the port asap) we took a taxi from the hotel to port..

HTH :goodvibes

Enjoy your cruise :sunny:

If you're on a budget we used Priceline last year and got the Doubletree right on the beach for less than $40. :)

We also like the Orlando airport Hyatt, but it is pricey and it only works well if using disney transportation.

we stayed at the radisson -- I thought it was a bit expensive for what you got but it was for just an overnight -- but, there was free breakfast in the morning -- and, it might have been a so-so experience because the place was under major construction when we were there too -- rooms were clean enough and the pool was good -- very convenient to the port terminal.

I was not impressed with the whole area around the hotel and port though -- it looked very run down and old - is that considered Cocoa Beach? We drove quite a while looking for a good restaurant too -- maybe I should have done more investigating before we arrived there -- oh well, we were only there for about 16 hours so it really didn't matter --

I would never go back to the Radisson for just a vacation -- only to bunk before a cruise and that's it ...

wonderfan said:
we stayed at the radisson -- I thought it was a bit expensive for what you got but it was for just an overnight -- but, there was free breakfast in the morning --

I thought the opposite..I thought it was really reasonable. Last year we stayed ther for 89.00 a night and this year its 119....where I live there is a hilton and a sheridan nearby that costs 200 a night and the grounds are NOTHING, just a parking lot...the radisson has really nice grounds and a great pool. After having to stay at those when I had work done at my house I guess I find anything under that amount reasonable LOL.

Babs417 said:
DEPOMAS How id you get to the Comfort Inn from the airport?

We took a taxi, only because we could not wait for their shuttle, which is free :)

I have this obsession in getting to the port early early early... Their shuttle only started at 11 or 11:30....

The taxi fare was not much, and well worth it in my opinion!!! :banana:

We ALWAYS stay at WDW.....but we fly in the night or two nights before. I know the Ron Jon if you spend a night parking AND the shuttle is free...

Just an FYI, the shuttles are now leaving at 10 am and you got it my name is on that list. You can call prior to check in and reserve a spot. I personally love Radisson, in my experience, you are treated well, the hotels are clean and there always seems to be something special about each property, all this for a moderate price. Also you don't have to book the cruise package to park for free...I am using a gift certificate so it's a freebie.
Micky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter