• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you head first in MK? Thinking about Adventureland

This is basically how we roll, too. I am surprised so many people head to Adventureland first. I thought we were the only ones since there is hardly anyone else there at RD. We easily walk on most things in Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square and are usually at CHH between 11:30 and 1 (depending if we stop for HoP or not). After lunch, we cut through Fantasyland (usually stopping for a FP along the way) and head over to Tomorrowland before heading back to Fantasyland.

:thumbsup2 This sounds like us :)

We always hit Tomorrowland first...We first FP Space Mountain, do Buzz a few times in a row, do the speedway, then usually our return time for SM is ready. Prior to getting on Space Mountain, one of us will be a runner for BTMRR. We also use TTA, Stitch & Laugh Factory as a filler. After doing Space, we will head across to Adventureland and hit make our way to Pirates. At some point BTMRR is ready for us and we hit that. We will then do Haunted Mansion and make our way to Fantasy land. We never have a rhyme or reason to Fantasy Land, we just go for the shortest lines. After that its usually a trip back to either BTMRR or Tomorrowland for a repeat of the first round. With that all being said, we take our time and have fillers like Tiki, Frontierland Shooting Arcade, grab a Dole Whip, Aladdin Flying Carpet. Also, we squeeze in whatever FP runs are available to use FP all day long. We usually end up with Space Mountain and Buzz as our last two attractions of the day/night. Splash is always dependent upon weather, our DS's only like it if its hot out, otherwise it's a no go.

My family would always show up around 9:00, 9:30, go to TL first, then cut back across the hub to AL and work our way around ending in FL.

Then I became a DIS member and learned about things like RD and AM EMH.

Now we get there for AM EMH, go straight to FL, then counter-clockwise from LS to TL. This has seemed to work really well for us.

Just got back from being in MK on June 25. We had a VIP tour guide and she said it has never been more crowded. She also said the new ways they are implementing handing out the GAC cards and fast pass+ system being tested, wait times for standby are much longer

I say just go for it and try something different! Like you said, you go fairly often so it won't be the end of the world for you if you miss an attraction, plus if the kids are big into pirates, Adventureland would be the ideal place for them to start.

You can always start out over there and then if you get nervous about crowd levels, you can send someone over to FL or Tomorrowland and pull some FPs for later in the morning/early afternoon.

It's crazy how a little thing like which direction to take out of the Hub can make a difference in our trips, but traditions are hard to break!

pepe of ohio said:
Others view will vary but our morning plan, first MK morning visit, Adventureland and hasn't varied much over the years... We start with Jungle Cruise, Tiki Birds, POC then to Splash, BTMRR and on to Liberty Square....

We go off season, encounter light crowds and take them one by one.... No FP's at all...

Pre-kids, this was our plan too:) Now, we'll probably have to hit Fantasyland first.

We used to use tp religiously, but we have this park touring thing down so well that we really only reference the touring plans from time to time when decisions have to be made. We've also been so many times that we're under no pressure in terms of missing things.

That said, we've never been in summer so we're back to strategizing. Since we always follow the same pattern, I'm thinking of completely changing things up and starting with Adventureland. The kids are all DEEP into a pirate phase for the first time ever, and Adventureland always ends up being a 1-3pm thing, so it has built up lines and is a little more hot/crowded. Last trip we got into FLE during previews, so no rush to get there.

Are we shooting ourselves in the foot (in terms of wait times in other lands) by starting with Adventureland?

Where do you head after rope drop/entry?

VP
(nervous about this whole summer crowds thing!)

I'm voting YES on starting in Adventureland. We go fairly often and my DS isn't really even interested in Fantasyland anymore. Typically we go to MK over 2 days - he always wants to hit Tomorrowland first on our first day and second day, we head straight to Adventureland at rope drop. We are usually the only ones there! We were just there two weeks ago. There were zero lines for the Adventureland rides and we did the new Pirate Adventure, which he loved. We then circled to Frontierland and meandered from there.

If you don't care about Fantasyland, why not do Adventureland, Frontierland and then take the train over to Storybook Circus and "short-cut" it to Tomorrowland. That's what I would do! Also, when you enter, you could go to Adventureland while someone else in your party runs over to get a FP for Space Mountain? That way you have one in hand and might be able to bypass any lines that build up while you are on the opposite side of the park.

I think youve answered your own question. If it makes your family happy, i would do it!

That said i always like adventureland at night. No lines, and i love the "feel" of the land in the dark!

We vary things each time we visit MK but always either start in Adventureland, Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. Why? Because each is easily accessible from the hub.

FL is fantastic for mornings when we're there at RD as we're guaranteed to accomplish everything DD wants to do. AL is great for those times when we show up a bit later as we're able to always walk on to the JC or Pirates. At night we tend to favor TL - there's something about the ambiance over there that pulls me towards it. But then again, we're apt to switch up our plans at any given as we aren't hardcore touring. We visit every 5-6 months and because of that have easily accomplished all that we've wanted to do (except for those tours with a silly age restrictions..:laughing:).

For us it depends on what we want to do as a 1st priority and head there. Last year, 1 day we started in Tomorrowland and it was great. Then this past April trip, we kind of split up when we first got there. I took my DD to meet the princesses in the Town Square Theater and DH and DS went to the new FL to fast pass some rides.

This upcoming trip since we didn't get to do ETWB last time, we will head right there first.

We are not touring plans people and are more go with the flow people so I can't speak much on strategy. However on our trips we always hit MK first and our first attraction is POTC....kinda our tradition :)

We are big touring plan people and fast pass users (with runners) and on our visit two weeks ago we did everything in the crowds and heat, and hardly waited for anything. We did two days in MK...day one was Adventureland and Frontierland (plus two FP rides in Tomorrowland) and day two was Fantasyland and the rest of Tomorrowland, plus parade and fireworks. That strategy worked very well for us, especially with the heat and crowds.

Oh, did rope drop both days, one of which was early EMH. On the EMH day, left in afternoon for swim and naps at the resort and returned after dinner. It had rained which was great as it cleared the park out and then ended so we got the parade and fireworks.

We are here now, been here since June 24th and we hit MK for 3 rope drop days. First day we went to New Fantasy Land and were the first ones to ETWB. We spent the day in fantasy land and tomorrow land. 2nd day we went to Peter Pan (only fantasy land ride we didn't make the day before) and were first to ride that too! After that we went straight to Merida meet and greet and were 4th in line. 3rd rope drop day (today) was Adventureland! Very tame, walked on to everything.

We usually start in Adventureland on our second MK day (after starting in FL and working our way counterclockwise in the "typical" fashion on our first MK day). Starting in AL works really well because there is almost no one there at at that time. We can get the rides done (usually including a turn on Splash since it's so close and we can fit it in easily), meet Tink and Jasmine & Aladdin, then catch the late morning Pirate Tutorial before crowds pick up and the sun gets too brutal.

I say mix it up and try something different! You go so often that it doesn't sound like you will miss something you have never done before. Our plan is a little different as we only go once a year and our son is young so we head right for Buzz Lightyear!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter