Where do you get ready???

catwub

Mouseketeer
Okay, this just occurred to me last night! DF and I are staying in the same room but I don't want him to see me getting ready for the wedding!!! We are getting married at the WP at 10 am, is there a room there for me to get ready and would Lisa from Lisa's Magical Weddings be able to come there instead of our room? This would really suck if he has to just hang around the lobby!!!

Thank you!!! (as always)

Cat

Can he go to someone else's room to get ready? We're doing the same and I think DH is going to go to his sister's room to get ready since she'll be with me.

I am staying in our room with a connecting room to my mom's so all the girls can come over. Our wedding is @ 2:30 and our hair person is comming at 8AM. My DF will have to go to his parents or brothers room to get ready and spend the day. We thought of booking a 1 bedroom villa to get ready but its too expensive because we would need it for 2 nights since check in is after 4pm and check out is 11am.

I'm going to my mums room to get ready and my fiance will be left sleeping as I will be up at 05.30am. As previous posters said can you not go to someone elses room to get ready, or will it just be the 2 of you?

I probably should have pointed out that it is JUST US, no other room for us to go to, so that is not going to work, but thanks for suggesting!!! Any other thoughts, I thought I read that there was a room to get ready, but maybe that was somewhere else!!! I am really stressed now.

CAt

For our wedding, we are detting a dressing room at the GF convention center. Hopefully, are room will open up before that (we are switching hotels that day).

StephSFL,
Share, please!!! How does this work, who do I speak with concerning this matter and, is there an additional fee? It would only be my dd and myself, but I just cannot imagine df to spend the whole day out the room in his tux!!! And even though we are a bit unconventional, I just totally feel like that would spoil the moment if he is there while I am getting ready!!!! Thanks for any and all help!!

CAT

I believe the extra rooms to get ready in are fairly expensive. The one you were thinking of before was the bride's room at the WP, but that's just to wait in a few minutes before the ceremony starts - you can't actually get ready there, plus it's very small.

Is there anything your DF could go do in the morning on his own, then come back to the room when you're done and out just to change really quick? Maybe Disney Quest at DTD or something??

I think it is something like $500.00 or so to rent the convention rooms. You can not get ready at the pavilion. Yes, the brides vestibule is in there but that is just a small room... the bride waits in it until it is time to walk down the isle...only a few minutes ahead of time. Your best option might be just to get another room at maybe the all stars or something like that so he doesn't have to wait.

I am not sure why, but we are not paying any fee for the room- a fee was never brought up by the planner. We just said we needed a room to get ready in and they said they could not guarantee what location we would be in until two weeks from the wedding. It is in our BEO with set-up for a dressing room- long mirror, tables, rolling garment rack.
I hope they will work something out with you.

StephFSl- that is awesome but yes we were told a $500 fee for the room as well as a food min!

My mom is getting a 1 bedroom villa at the BW so the girls will be in there and the guys in our room.

We ended up renting another room at Boardwalk Villa as well since it's close to SBP, good luck!!

thanks for all the help!!! We ended up getting a room at Movies for one night. I appreciate all the help!!!

CAT

We are going to stay at one of the new All Star Suites so that we can have two rooms, but still stick to our budget. Not really that romantic, lol but we have been together for 11 years, and our daughter will be with us so.. oh well, we'll have space! LOL

:cutie: I am hoping to get ready at the Grand Floridian... I have always loved that resort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter