Where do you create your scrapbooks?

Jackie H.

It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how!
For years, I have been cleaning off the kitchen table and pulling everything out of large storage boxes.

Now, finally, I am about to create my own scrapbooking space! I would love to see pictures of your "space". I have seen a few on the website links some of you have posted, but please post them again!

Also, I would love your advice on the "must haves" for my new space. I am so excited about this, you can't imagine!!! To know it will all be ready whenever I have time just to start working - not to have to spend 30 minutes getting ready to work!!! OH MY!!!!

:o :D :sunny:

I'm so excited for you that you'll have your own space to scrap in! :bounce: I would love to have that. But we have a teeny house so I'm relegated to the kitchen/dining area. I am pretty fond of my set-up, though, so I'll tell you what I have.

In the dining area (connected to the kitchen, it's one large room), we have a pine armoire with shelves and two large drawers inside. I keep most of my supplies there, as well as books in progress. Most of my supplies are kept in individual Rubbermaid containers labeled with letter stickers (scissors, eyelets, cutting tools, Twistel, adhesives, etc.). I bought the ones with beige lids and dark green lids to coordinate w/our house. ;)

I store my photos in there in labeled photo boxes, and have extra pages and page protectors for all my albums in one of the drawers. The other drawer holds my light box and removable tape.

Next to the armoire is a matching pine filing cabinet (it's actually a double cabinet, I guess). In it, I keep my 8-1/2"x11" papers. I also use it to store household papers, etc. Next to it on the floor are my Paper Takers (2) which hold my 12x12 papers.

Then we have a matching pine bookshelf. The top shelf has my magazines and idea books. The second shelf has my ABC stickers, die cuts and templates, all organized into 3-ring binders. The bottom 2 shelves contain our ds' homeschool books and supplies.

I usually work on the dining table, and when I have a big project going on, we eat at a card table in the family room. Don't laugh -- it was my dh's idea! :D

Anyway, I'm sure you're going to have lots more space than I do, but I think even when I get my own room to scrap in, I'm going to keep all of this furniture and use it in the same way. Maybe I'll get a pine desk to work at! ;)

Let us know how your space turns out!

Well, I'm jealous! Last year at this time, my stepson graduated from high school and was headed into the military. I couldn't wait to take over his room and turn it into my scrap space. Well, in August my DH was laid off and decided to start his own consulting firm. Guess where his office went? Yup - he stole my space. :) Well, after a month or so I made him clear a corner for me and I set up a table and chair. Everything was sort of hodge podge, but it worked. I managed to crank out about 70 pages from January through March!! Well, I am now pregnant and now the office/scrap space needs to become a nursery!! So we're both being kicked out! lol! I don't know where I'm going to move everything, but I do know I'm planning to find space somewhere. I refuse to have to drag everything onto the kitchen table every time I want to scrap! Do you think the baby would mind sharing for a while? haha

Lisa

Currently I have almost all of my stuff in one of those 4 drawer cardboard box things. I love it - my paper has the bottom drawer, templates and cutters have the next one up, pens, scissors, adhesives have the next drawer up and stickers, diecuts, etc. have the top drawer. Right now I work at the dining room table and my box has a spot on the floor. I keep pictures in a rubbermaid like container and my book sits on top of my boxes for now. Hopefully by fall I can move my girl scout/market day desk and stuff down to the basement and I can get some sort of a table or something in it's place in the spare bedroom and make that my spot. There's a tv in there and my cd box player so I'd be all set.

I am lucky that we have an extra bedroom. We still have a bed in there for any guests, but two long walls have been converted into my scrapping space. On one wall I have a 6 foot table that is my worktop. It has shelves on one end for stacking work in progress, but "laid aside". I have a huge wire rack, it's 6 foot tall with deep shelves - here is where I keep most of my supplies organized in containers and labeled. Under the table is a large 3 drawer organizer for photos and files. I also keep my paper taker and a fiskars rolling cart for paper. Along the second wall is an extension for my sizzix and paper cutter and Emily has her desk here as well. It's wonderful and since it's so easy to access I scrap almost daily. Congrats to you!!

Lisa

I have bins/drawers in my home office and an under-the-bed storage container that I keep my paper in - but all of you are going to laugh --- I hate to sit at a desk and work - so.......... I sit on the living room floor and scrap. My DD has been working on her BF's scrapbook, so between the two of us - 3/4 of the LR is immersed in scrapping material. Thankfully I will be cleaning the mess up tomorrow.
Pam

The link to my space is in my signature. Hold cursor over photos for descriptions. Hope this helps with any ideas.

I have also been using my dining room table and I have to agree it is SUCH a pain having to pack and unpack all my stuff, I don't ever leave it out as I know that ds or dh will get something on it when I'm not looking! There is light at the end of the tunnel however! I have a empty spare bedroom and my dad just gave me a table that is the perfect size! I just need to pick it up from his place-I hope to do that this weekend. Then I can get everything organized in my new scrapping room. I have one small organizer for pens,punchies,scissors ect. I will get a couple more and also want a bulletin board to hang ideas and swaps that I am taking part in.
Can't wait to get it all set up!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

Scrapping by Alaine has a section with pics of peoples scrapping spaces, the link is:

www.scrappingbyalaine.com

Unfortunately my scrapping space is my bedroom floor! We need a bigger house!!

Happy Scrappin,

Candi

Like many of you, I have to pull everything out all the time to work on the dining room table. But things should change soon and I can't wait! We are finishing our basement and it should be done this month. I was going to use the new bedroom for my space, but then decided I'll be better off in the playroom where I can keep an eye on the kids. At least I'll have my own corner and a table that I won't have to clean up each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter