1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Where do you buy YOUR clothes?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by eMd, Mar 25, 2013.

1. eMd

eMd Earning My Ears

I'm 26, single, and no kids.
    I have a wedding to attend in Orlando at the end of October, and if I am going to be flying/or driving down for a Wedding, I may as well plan myself a vacation. But I need to do it on the cheap.

I've signed up for Quickrewards, I read this board religiously for all different tips and tricks for budgeting/saving money. But I'd like to have a nice amount of spending money, and get to my goal amount saved well before October. To do that I need to stick to a tight budget.

I've searched the boards and can't find anything on good deals/places to buy adult clothing. I find a ton of stuff on kids/baby clothing. But where do you buy YOUR clothes for the best prices?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. englishteacha

englishteacha <font color=magenta>I've just gotten crazier over

I buy many of my clothes secondhand. We have a couple awesome thrift stores near us. I also find things at Kohls.com, and Walmart for basics.

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I get a lot of my clothes from outlets. If you shop their sales you can get really cheap clothing. My average right now is ~20% of the original list price. :thumbsup2

My top three are:
    -Nordstrom Rack (really cute shoes)
    -Gap Outlet
    -Off 5th (Saks Fifth Avenue)

5. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

Most often, Goodwill. What retail puchases I make are on massive clearance; most recently, Eddie Bauer shirts in several colors for $6 each.

6. jjiillee

jjiillee Mouseketeer

Tj Maxx, Marshall's and Ross. I don't like to pay full price for anything. I can get nice brand names things for half the price of a department store or mall store.

7. bababear_50

bababear_50 DIS Veteran

I'm in Canada but

Walmart for basics like bras-underwear,socks,and t-shirts.
    We do have a new Target and Marshalls store that just opened
    so I might also check these ones out for basics.

Goodwill , Salvation Army, and second hand shops for sweaters,jackets,
    hoodies.

Sears , dress pants (just under 5 feet tall -- so I need petite size).
    also due to eczema on my legs they have to be 100% cotton.

Hugs Mel

8. aimeekdg

aimeekdg Earning My Ears

JC Penney actually has some pretty awesome deals on clothing! My boyfriend and I got a whole new wardrobe because they had jeans for $17 & shirts for $5! :woohoo: Good Will is cool also- they have awesome belts, purses, boots! Good luck! :goodvibes

9. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

I have no idea if you are a man or woman and I have no idea what is considered cheap for you.

But, I do know that I am a 27 year old female with no kids as well and I go to Loft to buy nice clothes that are age appropriate. I have learned to wait for their 40% off sales so everything I buy there is 40% off! They have nice clothes that range from casual to dressy. I love their sweaters and dresses.

That is my place I go to for deals. Also, Gap has a great sale rack. I have also bought a nice pair of jeans at the LOFT outlet.

10. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

Walmart - buy basic items and mix with what you have. I just bought some basic pull on dresses & will add some scarves and jewelry.

11. MrsDrewsky

MrsDrewsky DIS Veteran

TJ Maxx and Marshalls mostly.

I would also look into ebay or a consignment store. We have a consignment store here that is managed by the junior league, and I always manage to find really nice dresses for special occasions there.

12. eMd

eMd Earning My Ears

I'm a woman as well. I've never even thought if Loft.

The prices if TJ Marx, Marshall's and Kphls are reasonable to me. But I get severe anxiety in those three stores for some reason

13. heartsy77

heartsy77 Working on my 9th trip!

For myself, DH DD ( teens), and DS 6 Kohls is my go to!

14. Epcotmgm

Epcotmgm Earning My Ears

Same age and I like the gap, loft, banana republic and department stores like dillards. Budget wise, just wait for a sale. If you want cheap, I guess thrifts stores and search for things at Marshall's and places like that. I don't know what prices you are okay with. Buy things you will wear for a long time and check for quality, easy to care fabrics.

15. Elleshoodat

Elleshoodat DIS Veteran

I get anxiety in department stores and discount stores, too, but I'm OK clothes and shoe shopping in Target... :confused3

I'm a few years older than you, but LOFT and the LOFT outlet are my go-tos. I also like the J.Crew and Banana Republic outlets and Old Navy.

16. NeverlandClub23

NeverlandClub23 DIS Veteran

I buy most of my clothes from Ebay (Ann Taylor mostly) and thrift stores. I'm 31, married, with no kids, but I don't buy clothes very often. Maybe 1-2 pairs of jeans a year, a handful of tank tops and cardigans/sweaters, and a couple sundresses. I still wear some of the clothes I bought when I was 18-20. I think if you stick with classics and well-made brands you don't have to clothes shop very often.

17. secretpantssam

secretpantssam DIS Veteran

I also do a lot of my clothes shopping at thrift stores or Kohls.

18. chicagodisneyfan

chicagodisneyfan Peace

Talbots - get great deals
    J.Jill
    Nordstrom
    Lafayette 148 - for work clothes

19. eliza61

eliza61 http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/images

Talbots
    Lands end
    Nordstroms
    Bloomingdales.

My family and I must be pretty rough on clothes because every thing I buy at lower end stores, I've never been satisfied with the quality. Generally I shop end of season like early this month these stores had killer sales on winter fashions easy 70% off, everyone got new columbia snow jackets for $27 bucks.

20. Jill in Chicago

Jill in Chicago DIS Veteran

I like the Chico's brand Traveler's Knits. The tops might be too old looking for you, but the bottoms might work. They are a drapey non clingy knit that wear like iron, and look so flattering. Keep in mind I am not a fan of the current style of close fit pants with the lower waist lines. So if you like that, then Chico's will not be for you. I wear these with dressy shoes with a heel, not flats. I have the solid colors.

I buy my tops mostly at T.J. Maxx. I wear a lot of long cardigans with the longer drape in the front than the back. I also find lots of traditional button front sweaters at T.J. Maxx. Again, these looks might be too old for you.

I think jewelry is a huge part of outfits. I like Charming Charlie's and Nordstrom clearance. Fun jewelry and scarves really add to the outfit.

I am plus sized so I have also found cute stuff at Nordstrom. I have a couple of shorter sweater dresses from there that i got off the clearance rack. So I would suggest Nordstroms. And a second to JCP. Cute stuff there!

21. karice2

karice2 DIS Veteran

This must be me. I don't do well with clothes from lower end stores. I do Talbots, Nordstrom's and Macy's.