Where do I find this dessert?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jelong, May 27, 2014.

1. jelong

jelong Earning My Ears

Where can I find the chocolate cake/torte pictured at the top of this page link or in the image link below?

disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-stay-dining/

cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/299d34b151cfa90e55629bed8bd7b2a2213cea6a.jpg

We're going to be heading down to WDW very soon, and I really want that to be on the menu. Thanks.

:worship:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Karlzmom

Karlzmom DIS Veteran

Sorry, don't recognize the dessert or the plate.....hope someone can help you!

4. dimndgal1

dimndgal1 One little spark...

The only place I can remember seeing chocolate cake and ice cream was at Chefs de France a couple of years ago (I only remember because DH and I agreed that's how it should be!) but I'm not sure that is what's in the photo.

SOrry to not be more helpful but I would totally go for that dessert, too!

5. TigersLions

TigersLions Mouseketeer

Wow! That looks amazing but I don't recognize it :-( Maybe you could contact Disney chat??

6. jelong

jelong Earning My Ears

I tried Disney chat from the official Disney site, selecting Disney Dining as the category, but they didn't know either. The lady looked at the link and said she'd like to try that as well. I even called the Disney Dining phone number, but they had no idea either. They recommended I call the Disney Cakes line, but I'm not too hopeful about it.

I'm just hoping someone has tried this somewhere and remembers it.

Interestingly enough, I just noticed you are planning to stay at Saratoga Springs this August. The closest thing my Google-fu could find was the chocolate espresso torte at Turf Club in Saratoga Springs resort. It looks like this:

disneyeveryday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/IMG_4137.jpg

7. Frozen2014

Frozen2014 DIS Veteran

First this to Disney is this Oct...but yummm. I would totally pick a restaurant just for that dessert :goodvibes

8. smcabee

smcabee Boomer Sooner

No clue where it is but it looks like a chocolate mousse cake to me.

9. shadeauxe

shadeauxe Mouseketeer

Looks almost like fudge to me. Mousse is airy and fluffy. That looks pretty dense.

Here is the picture to keep people from having to click the link:

[​IMG]

10. kpearl

kpearl Mouseketeer

that looks like a flourless chocolate cake. a restaurant near me has it and it looks exactly like that. i remember somewhere in epcot mentioning a flourless chocolate cake as their dessert. hope that helps!

11. jelong

jelong Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting that. I can't post links or pictures until I get a few more posts. That kind of makes it difficult for newcomers to get help. :(

I did manage to solve it, though. If you go to the official page for Saratoga Springs' Turf Club, they have the actual image. It's their chocolate espresso cake.

wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-assets/gallery/dining/resort-dining/saratoga-springs-resort-and-spa/turf-club-bar-and-grill/turf-club-bar-and-grill-gallery06.jpg

12. Disney44please

Disney44please Always Planing a Trip to the House of the Mouse!

Yep, Jelong is right. Looks like the Turf Club is where to find it.

13. Karlzmom

Karlzmom DIS Veteran

We have only been to the Turf Club once, but I really enjoyed my meal there. If they still have the root-beer brined pork chop, I'd highly recommend it as the *starter* before the cake! :)

14. jelong

jelong Earning My Ears

Everything before dessert is just an appetizer. :banana: :cake:

15. Anthony1971

Anthony1971 DIS Veteran

Sad part is not that many years ago cake like that and much nicer was available at every theme park and most resorts it than changed to mostly cheesecakes.... Now it is all prepackaged and premade offsite not so good....... fill in the blank. But some TS still have decent offerings.
    Could not understand all the issues with Main street Bakery changing to Starbucks as to me MB no longer existed once they started serving things like the sticky buns that were said to be amazing :confused3 not a huge fan of Starbucks but would rather have a cup of decent coffee over what was served at MB

16. jelong

jelong Earning My Ears

Yes. I've been pretty disappointed by some of the items at even the moderate resorts. I might expect prepackaged, flavorless, gas station-type fare at the value resorts, but the quality of much of the food has gone down over the years. For what we pay, I'm surprised at what we actually get. Even the mickey ice cream bars were a bit...weak last year.

The day the Crystal Palace breakfast stops serving "real" fresh food is the day Disney World is dead to me.

17. coley444

coley444 Mouseketeer

If you ever run into this again you can search google by an image. If you screen grab and save the picture to your desktop or right click save image if available, you can then drag it into Google or browse and navigate to the file and search by image. Any other webpage that has that image would come up. That likely would've pulled up the Saratoga Springs page you ultimately found.

18. jelong

jelong Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately that's the first thing I tried. All it came up with was the same advertisement in various languages and on various pages.

BTW, the easiest way to use Google image search is to copy the URL of the actual image, go to images.google.com, then click the little camera in the search bar. You can paste the URL of the image, and it will search without you having to download it.

It's funny because even Google image searching on the actual high-resolution image from the Saratoga Springs page just gives the Dining Plan advertisement. I guess Disney has blocked Google from scraping their images.

19. coley444

coley444 Mouseketeer

I tend to have trouble with the URL way from some reason. That's too bad it didn't work. I didn't test it before posting.

Curious if you tried right clicking and inspecting the source elements. I wonder if the meta tags or file name of the picture in the HTML source code said the name of the dessert or Saratoga. I'll have to investigate when I get on a desk top.

----
    I just went to the webpage on Google Chrome. Even easier you can right click on the picture and select "Search Google for this Image". I didn't know that before!

I also checked out the "alt" text description on the photo by right clicking and selecting "Inspect Element"

The associated link from secure. parksandresorts. wdpromedia .com wasn't helpful and the alt text description is, "A slice of chocolate cake on a plate with a dollop of whipped cream and a coffee cup of ice cream"

lol good description but not very helpful for deciphering where to find it!