Where did you stay before you bought DVC?

We only went to WDW twice before buying DVC. Both times we stayed at CBR. We really loved staying on-site and had decided to check out DVC. But the first year that we went DVC was requiring that you bought 270 points. That was too much for us at that time. When we returned in 97 the points required to purchase had gone down to 150 and we decided to take the plunge and bought 150 points at OKW.

Our first Disney stay was at POR/WL for our honeymoon - a week at each, 1998. Then we went back in Nov. 2002 and stayed at AKL. I had already done considerable research on DVC while planning our most recent trip, so we already knew we wanted in when we got there. Bought at VWL - so happy!

Our guide, Mike Corriveau, was great - although we were probably the easiest sale he ever had LOL!

Daisy;)

Before buying into DVC, <i>we didn't visit Disney</i>! That is, we only went over for day trips.

We planned a last minute week-long trip back in '96 - 2 nights in Naples, 2 nights in Orlando, and 2 nights in St. Augustine. We couldn't forget that experience at the off-site resort in Orlando. You were fighting for your life to board the "free transportation" bus in the EPCOT bus lot - it was AWFUL!!

Anyway - we were first introduced to the DVC concept at that time. We had been married for 2 years, and had never even CONSIDERED the thought of a timeshare. I took the info home and brewed over it for several months - eventually signed the papers in April '97.

So DVC has caused us to go from "never visiting Disney" to "visiting 3 or more times/year!"

My husband and I stayed at the former Dixie Landings, now Port Orleans Riverside. We loved it there, especially the boatride to Downtown Disney. However, now that we have stayed in a 2-bedroom at our home resort, the Boardwalk, it would be very hard to go back to Dixie Landings.;)

As Beth has stated above we didn't visit WDW hardly at all before 1997.When we did, we stayed at Dixie Landings(Port Orleans Riverside). My sister invited us down to stay in a GV at OKW in 1997. Now the rest is history and we go at least 2-3 time a year and have 500 pts since joining DVC in 1999.:D

I haven't offically purchased yet (will in the next couple weeks), but I know my next stay will be in my "home.";)

My aunt & uncle used to live in Orlando...my uncle is an engineer with the company that helped build, Epcot, MGM, WL (An interesting tidbit, my uncle went to Italy to purchase tile for WL once...I thought that was cool info), CBR & not sure what else there. Anyway, we used to stay with them when we came to Florida. After they moved to Paradise Island? for a couple years to renovate the Atlantis resort (Don't ya just hate them.;) ), we started staying on site. I missed visiting my aunt & uncle but loved staying on site.

We stayed at ASMu a couple times, then last year we stayed at AKL for 8 nights. I figure I'll be taking my DGD8 for many years to come & I prefer the deluxe accomodations, so DVC makes since to me.

Dixie Landings was our base for most of our visits. Loved the old southern setting. We revisited the dining area in January and found it to be partially closed…how discouraging.

Prior to purchasing DVC, we stayed on site. A couple of times at the BC, most of the times at a moderate. We actually stayed in every moderate at least once, and POR and POFQ several times.

Polynesian each and every time!

Sometimes, we'll stroll over there for dinner and the "heart strings" get tugged. DH and I got engaged there a million years ago. I always say that one of these days I'd stay there on points. But when I check and see how many points it would be I quickly get over that "old feeling" LOL....:)

We stayed offsite and with friends once, ASMu, DL, and FW. Bought into DVC in '99 during our Fort Wilderness stay.:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Pre- DVC we've stayed at: GF, Poly, FW, CBR, and POFQ. Usually CBR and POFQ because we felt it was better to save the $ to use in the parks. Once they announced plans to build WL we REALLY wanted to stay there but it seemed so expensive. Therefore once they started building VWL and we crunched some #'s be found that we could have the best of both worlds....nice rooms for an affordable price.

We stayed off-site, 16 yrs. ago, part of the old Disney Cruise, on the Big Red Boat. Never wanted to stay off-site again. Next, we stayed at the Poly & YC. While we enjoyed both of these stays, I always wished we would have used that $$$ to buy DVC, instead.

We stayed offsite once at The Grosvenor. It was nice but we thought the CR sure did look like the place we wanted to stay next trip since we swore we would NEVER stay offsite again.
After checking prices for CR we decided All- Star Sports was more our speed, so we stayed there next 2 trips.
Then we bought at VWL site unseen and couldnt be happier!

Before DVC, it was All Stars, DD was young. After telling a friend that we book next years trip before we leave, he said let's talk about DVC. Well after 3 months of talking we bought sight unseen at OKW and have never look back since.

We use to do 1 trip a year now it's 2, 3, or 4 trips a year. Points & AP are great.

In Oct 2002, we went back to Sports to eat at the food court, DD wanted the quesidilla (sp) and DW and I looked at each other and both said "DVC". :D

We always stayed at the Poly. We've got alot of wonderful memories there. And one time at Dixie Landings. We loved it there too. But we are ready to make some new beautiful memories at BCV.

Michele

Our first trip was offsite at a relatives condo. From then on it was onsite. Our list:

Beach Club, 1/1995
Wilderness Lodge, 1/1997
Contemporary, 1/1998 & 1/1999
Polynesian, 12/1999
Dixie Landings, 2/2000
Carribean Beach, 12/2000

Then came DVC:
Boardwalk Villas, 8/2001
Old Key West, 1/2002
Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, 4/2002 & 2/2003

Interesting question and responses...

We were the Wilderness Lodge version of Terry S.:)

We stayed at WL a couple of times and fell for the theming in a big way.

When VWL came up, it was easy for us to buy into DVC.

The first trip we stayed at the Disney Inn (87)
Then we spent several trips at CBR (5x)
Then DxL (3x)
Then ASSp (once, never again!)
Then CSR (2x)
Then the Poly (still do weekends there!)
Bought DVC in 2000 while staying at CSR/DxL.
We had never stayed offsite that's why DVC really appealed to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter