Where did they go?

Badger Brent

DIS Veteran
So i know some retired people live at the fort for extened periods at FW. Did these people have to move their rvs for the hurricane? Some have a nice setup around their campsite, just curious to know how wdw handled this situation.

Though they have extended stays booked, they would still be regarded the same as any other camper. Mandatory evacuation would apply to all. I would assume all guests would be placed back on their original site if their booking extended through the evacuation time period.

When I spoke with our TA who is one of those that spends several months a year in The Fort she told us that EVERYONE had to evacuate. The Longest resident ended up in ASM. According to her those who agreed to evacuate the earliest got better accommodations than those that waited to last minute and for some of those the only option left was to check out and go "home"

Yeah, they have to leave too, I would think. Bama Ed

I spoke with one of those "residents" last night and they will be returning to the Fort today. She mentioned that supposedly a couple of the loops flooded.

I spoke with one of those "residents" last night and they will be returning to the Fort today. She mentioned that supposedly a couple of the loops flooded.

Lots of loops were flooded very badly when we were there during TS Fay, so suspect at one point this time, more than a couple loops flooded.

I would think any of the loops along canals would be very high for getting flooded as well as the cabin loops with major dips in them

Several of the loops had standing water before Matthew so I am not surprised that some have flooding.

We pulled into a very quiet Fort at 8:25am this morning. We were able to get our original site that we had checked into 10/3 before the evacuation. There is standing water at some grassy areas. They said there were some loops that had cones blocking the entrance and asked guests not to enter them to look around. By the time we got back from the parks at 4:00pm, the Fort was definitely busier and campers pulling in all afternoon. I haven't seen any tents, though.

I could only imagine the issues with all the campers returning.... It can be a pain to get maneuvered when it's only mild traffic.... Heavy traffic can be a nightmare.

When we arrived Sunday. 300 ,500 1500,1600,1700,1800,1900 some of 700 were closed they had large pumps pumping water into the canals around the sites. As if yesterday 1600 through 1900 still had cones blocking the entrance. We. Looped through it before they blocked it. Looked strange to see it empty. Some sites at 700 are still closed. The Fort is filling up. Maybe the other loops will open soon. Still lots of water on the ground. 400 is pretty dry.

We were of the evacuated and finally headed home as we speak (husband is driving!). Everyone had to leave, it was NOT an option, you could get your days left refunded or you could see where they were able to move you to onsite. As far as RVs, they called to the resort ahead of time and asked if they could accommodate them and if not, you were told to park it in the MK parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter