where did the HSM parade go?

minniefaye

DIS Veteran
I just looked on the calendar for March and it doesn't show the High School Musical parade at DCA? We saw this in October and my kids loved it; I was really hoping to see it again.

The one thing the calendar does show is a Pixar Parade? Anyone know what that is? thanks----

The Pixar Parade is supposed to be similar to the Block Party Bash, just more Pixar-centered to tie in with the upcoming Toy Story and Cars attractions.

There is a HSM2: Schools Out show, though. I'm not exactly sure what this is, but plan on seeing it, lol. I'm thinking it has music and stuff from the latest movie that was just out.

There is a HSM2: Schools Out show, though. I'm not exactly sure what this is, but plan on seeing it, lol. I'm thinking it has music and stuff from the latest movie that was just out.

You're right, it's just the updated version of the HSM parade. Newest songs and dances, etc.

The Pixar Play parade is replacing Block Party Bash and is introducing new Pixar characters, including Cars, Nemo and Ratatouille. Google it if you want to know all the details. :goodvibes

You're right, it's just the updated version of the HSM parade. Newest songs and dances, etc.

The Pixar Play parade is replacing Block Party Bash and is introducing new Pixar characters, including Cars, Nemo and Ratatouille. Google it if you want to know all the details. :goodvibes

The Pixar Parade sounds cute! We would love to see the Ratatouille characters. I'm just sad that the HSM2 parade is not listed for March, my kids have become huge HSM fans. Well, at least we got to see it back in October.

Bumping this to see if anyone knows what's going on with the HSM parade. My neices would love to see this!

No clue either.. but I heard rumblings that this was Aladdin's last year... I wish, wish, wish with all my might that they make a HSM live show!

I'll ask a CM next time I go... I don't watch it every time I see it, but I'd be sad if it was leaving permanently...

What days is the OP going? We'll be there 3/17-3-20 and the DL calendar shows both Aladdin and HSM2, but not on the same days, M,T is HSM2 and W,Th is Aladdin. NEVERMIND!!

WHOA! I just checked the calendar again for my stay, no HSM2 at all!! What is up with that? I just pulled the calendar last week and it was there! And Aladdin is VERY spotty for the month of March! My teenager will be crushed! If anyone gets the scoop, please post!

I'm beginning to wonder if the calendar is just messed up for March. They just released the April schedule and HSM2 is on it. It makes no sense that they would take the whole month of March off and not have it listed as a refurb. Especially since it's peak Spring Break! Anyone want to give Disney a call?

HSM could use a break though. 7 days a week, 3 shows a day... its a lot of work. I know there is about a full set of 2 groups of people. They could use a nice vacation esp during spring break. :)

Well, its possible that Pixar Play Parade will only stop by the Golden Dreams amp. since the front of the park is suppose to be in construction.

No clue either.. but I heard rumblings that this was Aladdin's last year... I wish, wish, wish with all my might that they make a HSM live show!

I'll ask a CM next time I go... I don't watch it every time I see it, but I'd be sad if it was leaving permanently...

Omg, if they made a HSM live show, my life would be complete.. :love:

What days is the OP going? We'll be there 3/17-3-20 and the DL calendar shows both Aladdin and HSM2, but not on the same days, M,T is HSM2 and W,Th is Aladdin. NEVERMIND!!

WHOA! I just checked the calendar again for my stay, no HSM2 at all!! What is up with that? I just pulled the calendar last week and it was there! And Aladdin is VERY spotty for the month of March! My teenager will be crushed! If anyone gets the scoop, please post!

We'll be there Mar 20-24. I know, I was so looking forward to the HSM parade again. Last fall when we saw it we had never seen the movie and now we are big fans. :) Oh well, I did look up the new Pixar Parade and it sounds like fun too.

HSM 2 is listed for the weekends of March. I just did a prelim check for deciding the day that I go to DCA for the first time.

Is the HSM 2 parade also at WDW? I have a friend who is a WDW vet coming to DL for the first time ever next month, and if it's the same, we won't take the time to see it. (I've seen it with my kids plenty!)

Asked about the parade not being on the schedule and the CM told me that schedules only go out for three months in advance. When I told him that I did look three months in advance, he said he wasn't sure, and that it might be a schedule change, but it was unlikely that they would do away with it forever since HSM is so popular. He also mentioned a bit about the show going on for so long and that it would likely be updated for the third movie.

So all in all, no definite answer, and he just made me even more wary. :guilty:

OK, below is the response, but it doesn't really answer the question I asked about whether it has been cancelled in march. I assume this means that they expect it to be shown on this schedule, but I gave them my exact dates and told them the problem that it wasn't showing up on the calendar anymore and they did not respond to that part....think I will reply for more details! And I don't know why they sent me a schedule broken down by weekend vs. weekday when it is exactly the same times????

Here's the response I got from DL email:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2: SCHOOLS OUT!This is a general schedule.

Weekly
Friday - Sunday Near Sunshine Plaza 1:00, 2:30, 4:45p
Entrance to Golden Dreams 1:15, 2:45, 5p

Monday - Thursday Near Sunshine Plaza 1:00, 2:30, 4:45p
Entrance to Golden Dreams 1:15, 2:45, 5p

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have
the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Disneyland is notorious for not keeping their calendar up to date or accurate far in advance like WDW does. When I emailed DL about it, I was told they update the calendar 2 months in advance, and even that estimate was generous I found.

So, just sit tight until your dates are closer.

wooooooooooo hooooo! I got a response from DL CM, it said the following, which I take to mean that there was error on the calendar page! So, we should all get to see it now!! :woohoo: I haven't checked the calendar but will in a few days when I get home.....this computer (hotel) is sooooooooooo slow:surfweb: Good luck to you all!

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2: SCHOOLS OUT! is scheduled daily.

We believe that the issue you encountered has been fixed. Please visit
Disneyland.com soon and try it again!

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have
the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter