Where can my hubby go diving? (PADI)

DisneyJoo2008

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone

Firstly, I hope I have selected an appropriate area to post, apologies if not!

My husband got his PADI open water (12m) diving qualification on our honeymoon last October and he is really keen to use it during our Florida / Disney trip in July this year.

I've done a google search which, yes, does give me lots of options - but I'd be grateful if anyone can recommend good dive centres / areas for diving in the Orlando-ish area.

We'd be happy to drive up to 1.5hrs, but the closer the better. He'd want to ensure he's on a fully organised dive.

We though Tampa initially as we could perhaps deposit my Mum and Dad off there to look around whilst hubby and I hit the beach for his dive?

I'd be very very grateful for any advice!

Joo xxxxx

I know it's not orlando- but we're going down in March and diving in Crystal River

It's about 1 hour 20 minutes from orlando and some of the rivers have 200' visibility.

I have just compelted my open water, and will do my certification dives there. DBF is a dive master, and is very excited about the cavern dives.

We're diving with american pro dive centers, there website is
www.americanprodiving.com

DBF was just down there last week with his Harley, and he stopped at the diveshop because it has great reviews on tripadvisor, being that he has been diiving for almost 30 years, I knew if I sent him he'd pick the right one. He was very impressed with the shop, and the staff.

Brandy

okay adding more to this.

DBF did stop at a few other shops in Crystal River, and he said this was by far the most professional he was in. I was on the phone with him while he was talking to the owner, asking questions that he got answered for me, since he's been back, I've been emailing them and they are wonderful to deal with.

DBF will be doing a 200 foot wreck dive while I do my cert dives...then I'm playing in Devil's Den- check out the website!

Brandy

thanks so much for your help mudnuri, we'll take a look!!!
hubby is very excited so hopefully this will sort him out!
Thanks xxx

How 'bout diving in one of the world's largest aquariums? Guaranteed to see loads of wildlife

DiveQuest: This three hour tour starts with a behind the scenes look at the operation of the Living Seas followed by a 40-minute dive. You’ll swim amidst the colorful fish, sea turtles, sharks and 65 other species of marine life. It’s always smooth seas at this unique diving venture. PLEASE NOTE: Ages 10 and up. Guests ages 10 to 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Younger guests will need proof of Jr. SCUBA certification. Adults are also required to show proof of SCUBA certification. All equipment is provided including fins, tank, buoyancy compensator, weightbelt, mask, and a 2.5mm shorty wetsuit. (You may bring your own mask.) You’ll have access to changing rooms with showers, and you are asked to bring a swimsuit. No cameras/videotaping allowed. Other members of your party may be able to photograph you from inside the exhibit. (Park Admission will be required.) Jewelry is not permitted and expectant mothers cannot participate

that looks great too thanks nurseboy!
something like that I might be able to book in advance as a surprise for him even? I will take a peek at their website...!

Thanks so much!

Although the Dive Quest would be a very interesting experience it is also VERY expensive ($150) for only 40 minutes of actual dive time.

I am interested in learning more about the diving at Crystal River. This would be something DH (a diver) and I (a snorkeler) could both enjoy and for less money than the one dive at Epcot.

The Manatee Tour offered by American Pro Diving sounds like an experience of a lifetime. The 2 hour drive time from Kissimmee would mean a VERY EARLY start in the morning to make the 7 a.m. tour, but we are considering it.

I will second that Crystal River is great! I did my cert dive there, and the whole set up is wonderful. The highlight of Crystal River for me was actually a snorkel with the Manatee. And Devel's Den is great too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter